Sitaare Zameen Par

maan gaye Javed Saab!

-shehzaadi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I was completely amused when Javed Saab made the comment "if Himesh heard you, he would say you sang better than him." Why? because Himesh didn't sing that song in the first place! It was sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Krishna. And what's even more amusing is that Javed Saab wrote that song himself!!!!

Now if a man doesn't even know who sang a song written by himself, is it fair for him to cut marks off a kid for not knowing who wrote a song more than 15 years before he was born???

I really don't think the judging was fair today. And what was Saroj Khan teaching those kids? To move around excessively so that they can loose their sur. For god's sake they're from SRGMP and VOI, not Indian Idol!!! If dancers are never required to sing, why are singers always told to dance???

If they want to have a singing competition then they need to bring at least 1 singer or MD to judge. As far as the singing part of this show is concerned, none of the 3 judges seem to be fit for their position. I mean Javed Saab was ok in Indian Idol as part of a panel comprising of an MD and 2 singers, where he could give good pronunciation tips but that's not the case here.
Edited by shehzaadi91 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chronic thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I completely agree. I thought it was totally unfair to cut marks from Tanmay's performance for simply not knowing the lyricist of 'Rang barse'. I mean he's only 11 years old for godsakes! This is a singing competiton, they should've based their judgements on the singing alone, not whether the contestant knows the name of certain song writers or how much 'x-factor' they have in their performances .  

Edited by chronic - 16 years ago
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i was exactly thinking the same...that for singing a music director or singer shud be there in the panel
chronic thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: yipee

i was exactly thinking the same...that for singing a music director or singer shud be there in the panel

yeah... like Pritam. I already miss CU...

yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
and i just now read somewhere that javed saab said raja that he is not for playback...i still cant believe he said that...he shud watch raja, aneek n amanat's performances from sa re ga ma...amit n emon r awesome but who else from indian idol was a consistently gud singer...maybe puja deepali thats all i can recollect
avadvani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
javed saab is the fairest judge by far on any show. your point is v valid if he did not recognize the singer. but he holds the contestants to a much higher standard and looks for much more than the x factor in contestants. he looks at talent in its truest sense. i trust his judgement completely.
Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I think he is the best judge out of all of them but I felt so sad when he took off a point from Tanmay because he didnt know the guy. (I never even heard of the guy)
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
as far as I remember himesh during SRGMP said that he had sung aprt of the song and Raahat fateh ali khan sang the part where it goes into high pitch.

he said that not many people know that the song was sung by two singers.
kothra thumbnail
As far as i knw sum part of the song has been sang by himesh also...

Yesterday it was a lil champs competition..n i feel judges did full justice by giving proper comments
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
i think that javed's comments are getting better with the shows and this time he made the appropriate comments...i think he just gave the reasoning as to make the situation lighter when he was cutting marks 😳