Shernaz Patel Coming Back With AMKH

SweetButSpicy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

Shernaz Patel Coming Back With Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain

The famous versatile actress, who has mesmerized the Indian TV viewers in the serials like Buniyaad, Khandaan and Naqaab, earlier, Shernaz Patel is making a come back in the small screen very soon. The industry sources informed that, Shernaz will soon be seen in a edutainment show named Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain on NDTV Imagine and the show is going to teach conversational English to the viewers, besides entertaining.

The actress was contacted and requested to say something about why she decided to come back on TV after taking a break and in reply, Shernaz said, "I wouldn't call it a comeback. It's not that I've been out of the scene, I've just been doing films and other related things. I just liked the concept of this show, and its format, it was something different, so I decided to do it. It wasn't a planned comeback at all". She was also talking about the format of the show and said, "The show aims to teach the basics of conversational English to the viewers, but not in a direct way. Rather, it's done in a more entertaining manner, so that the student-viewer is not overpowered by the language. I play the role of the teacher, my students represent different kinds of people who want to learn English".

Shernaz was also asked about the similarities of her show Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain, with the other popular TV shows like Mind Your Language and Zabaan Sambhal Ke and in reply, she said, "It's similar in terms of the format and funny characters, but that was pure entertainment. Here, we follow a thoroughly researched curriculum". While talking about her thoughts regarding the TV career at the moment she said that she would definitely like to play a role in the TV serials. However, she added, "But not a stereotypical character. If the standard mold of characters and roles breaks on television as it has in Bollywood, then yes, I'd love to do television again". So, it seems that Shernaz is really coming back to TV soon and this time with a lot of planning, of course.

Source Link: http://www.jimandaz.com/5/shernaz_patel_coming_back_with_ang rezi_mein_kehte_hain.htm