Sitaare Zameen Par

‘I felt bad for her’

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
'I felt bad for her'
Saturday, March 29, 2008 05:08 [IST]

Shilpa Saklani opens up on the recent link-up between her hubby Apoorva and Surveen Chawla and plans on extending her family

On reality shows…
I am now shooting for my dance show, there are two more dance shows being shot too. There's an overdose of reality shows now. I fear that this trend will burn itself out because audiences too can't choose what to watch now. The lifetime of reality shows is really short. Though I am sure that Shah Rukh's show Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Ho is going to be a huge hit.

On being choosy about work…
I simply can't go through the 20-25 days of shooting dates that a daily soap requires. I need to give time to my family because a lot of things change after marriage. There was a time after my marriage when I was doing almost 3-4 shows together including Lavanya and Kkusum. I reached a stage where I was burnt out and I went into a switch off mode because I had no time for my hubby and family. My bank balance was blooming but not me. That's when I asked myself 'did I get married at 21 to spend more time with my co-stars or my hubby'? I got my answer and I am just doing Kyunki saas bhi kabhie bahu thi today. Just the thought of taking on another daily soap today gives me the shivers.

On Mr Ya Ms…
It's a corny title but an interesting concept. What appealed to me was that it's not like every second talent show that focuses on singing or dancing — it goes a step further and tests the actors acting capability too.

On rumours linking hubby Apoorva and co-star Surveen Chawla…
It was so stupid, so trivial. I felt very bad for her because she's a single girl. The mind-set of some people is so sick. People even suspected that something was going on between me and my co-star Amit Sareen because we would eat lunch together on the sets. What people didn't know that I tie a rakhi on him every year. I know for a fact that people who make up such stories have screwed up their own personal lives. People said that Apoorva quit Kajjal because of his so-called affair with her. But the fact is that he and his co-stars were not paid for 3-4 months and the story was going no-where.

On her marriage with Apoorva…
I couldn't be happier than I am (after the marriage). I don't mind doing a lot of work because I am content with my personal life. Apoorva is my best friend. Not once, in four years of marriage, has he or his family imposed anything on me. No wonder, I have only gone to stay over to my mom's place twice after marriage — I took Apurva with me on both occasions.

http://movies.indiainfo.com/2008/03/29/0803290513_shilpa.htm l

On starting a family
I wanted to have a baby this year but I guess I will wait for a year more. But it's definitely going to be soon. I am praying hard to get a girl — I love baby girls.

Edited by sanober88 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 16 years ago
awwwwwww. That is so cute!! I like her and apoorva's jodi!