Saat Phere (Saath Phere)

Article--Gunjan walia aka Vrinda in GKLB

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Sacked!

Twinkle Bajpai aka Laxmi, the lead of Betiyaan is thrown out of the serial, apparently because of her unprofessional behaviour

Kavita Shyam

Gunjan Walia
Reportedly, Twinkle Bajpai aka Laxmi of Ghar Ki Lakshmi - Betiyaan was asked to leave the serial because of her endless tantrums.

Lashing out at her unprofessional attitude Sanghamitra Panigrahi, creative head of the show, said, "Twinkle has been behaving in a very unprofessional manner. She would not give enough time to the show and the shoot was held up. She had a take-it-or-leave-it attitude and her equation with the rest of the co-stars was getting affected. The quality of the show was suffering, also we have suffered financial losses. We had no option but to scout for a replacement. We are scared to experiment with her any longer. Our show is the top priority for us and it is not dependent only on one person."

Spewing venom against the production house and defending herself, Twinkle said, "I have been blamed for not giving enough time to the show and walking out of the sets, but it is untrue. Apart from 14 hours on my scheduled days, I give 8 hours extra on my non-blocked days. In the past six month I have taken only five days off, I've not been able to go to Lucknow, (my hometown) for Holi. I have not been able to appear for my BA final exams. This is a thankless job. I'm neglecting my health and I keep falling sick and hospitalised because of the stress. In spite of me putting in extra hours they blame me for all the delay. I can't take it anymore. It's ok if I'm replaced by someone else."

Gunjan Walia is now replacing Twinkle in the show. Not only has Gunjan been briefed about her character, she also has to watch previous episodes to get the feel of the story and her role.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article& amp;sectid=30&contentid=20080328200803280226579835513e3c 6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aasighazi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG, is this article true?? That sucks!
aasighazi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh, btw, this is posted in the wrong forum...i just noticed it was posted in SP.
JJESH thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aasighazi

Oh, btw, this is posted in the wrong forum...i just noticed it was posted in SP.

As Gunjan (Vrinda in SP) is related to SP ....that's why may be she has posted it here..

sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

oh god,
i loved twinkle

we r so used to seeing gunjan in saat phere

Edited by sanwak - 16 years ago
judyp thumbnail
Don't forget she was also Dr Radha in Parivaar......
kanwalzulfiqar thumbnail
I like the change....never liked twinkle....that little drama queen!!! 🤢
ashbipasha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I'm sure she will do a good job in GKLB.
amz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kanwalzulfiqar

I like the change....never liked twinkle....that little drama queen!!! 🤢

yh i dont like the character of hers but not sure about twinkle😕

jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing..Wish her all the best 😊