Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
server problems maybe BTW did u se saifu copying srk in race showing his stomach and trying to be srk
srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ahahahha yeah i did he looks funy with beard ahaha but i dont y he is showng his stomcic without abs ahahahh atleast srk had abs to show not empty stoimc ahahhah πŸ˜†
*Eva* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Congo on the new part! πŸ‘
srklicious thumbnail
congrst to u to eva ahahahah πŸ˜†

ok guys me going to go n take rest 😳
jyoti_jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
WOO congrats on another SRK FC πŸ‘ πŸ˜ƒ
srklicious thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan is the biggest movie star in the world": CNN International
LONDON, England (CNN) β€” Some movie actors are lauded for their performances on the silver screen, earning themselves respect and stardom. But few, if any, Western stars are worshipped in quite the way that Shah Rukh Khan is. In a film career spanning 16 years he has risen to become the most recognizable face of Indian cinema and the most watched movie star in the world.

PIC: http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/SHOWBIZ/...profile.gi.jpg

Shah Rukh Khan is the biggest movie star in the world. Since his debut in the 1992 feature film 'Deewana', he has dominated Indian cinema.

Shah Rukh Khan's life story is one which Bollywood scriptwriters would have been proud to have penned themselves.

His journey into Indian cinema took in tragedy, romance, determination and luck. It was also highly unconventional for an outsider like Khan to break into the inherently dynastic world of Bollywood.

Khan was born in Delhi in 1965. As a boy growing up, Khan never really dreamed of being an actor, his head and heart were consumed by sport β€” notably cricket and hockey β€” but injuries put an end to any dreams of becoming a professional sportsman.

But he had also dabbled in drama as a teenager and enrolled at Delhi's Theatre Action Group which had been run by the renowned theatre director Barry John since 1968.

The experience served Khan well, and with TV production starting to boom in India, Khan was soon called upon to appear on the small screen β€” his first appearance was in the series "Fauji" in 1988.

Sadly both his parents died before seeing their son achieve success in Bollywood. His father Meer Taj Mohammed β€” a lawyer and freedom activist who had campaigned for Indian independence β€” died in 1981. His mother Latif Fatima, a magistrate, died 10 years later.

But it was the death of his mother that proved to be the catalyst for Khan switching from the small to big screen. Beset by sadness and depression at the loss of his mother, Khan decided to give the movies a shot and made a permanent move to Mumbai β€” the center of filmmaking in India.

It wasn't long before he caught the eye of casting directors and soon a film role was offered to him. But Khan wasn't sure whether he should accept.

"I wasn't very keen," he told CNN. "But there were some friends in TV who convinced me to do it. I was more intellectually inclined. I wanted to do a more serious kind of cinema."

Nevertheless, in 1992 Khan made his film debut in "Deewana," winning him the Filmfare Best Male Debut award.

His continuing reluctance to take his new status and film roles too seriously meant Khan took on parts that some of the more established Bollywood stars would have rejected out of hand.

Khan believed he had nothing to lose, and he happily took on a variety of roles. In 1993 he played a murdering adulterer in "Baazigar." Khan's character (Ajay Sharma) pushes a young Shilpa Shetty off a roof and thus launched her career. The performance earned him his first Filmfare Best Actor award. Unafraid of being typecast, Khan reprised the 'bad guy" role in "Darr" (1993) and "Anjaam" (1994).

Playing the character of Raj Malhotra in the 1995 feature "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" (DDLJ) propelled him to new heights, confirming his versatility and popularity as a Bollywood actor. The film was a huge critical and commercial success, becoming the longest running film ever in Indian cinema β€” it continues to run to this day in cinemas in Mumbai.

Khan had become, and remains, the hottest property in Bollywood. Despite his inability to sing β€” all his songs are dubbed β€” and, at best, an average talent for dancing, he oozes charisma. "His screen presence is still incredible," says his biographer Anu Chopra. "You can't take your eyes off him. He is just completely magnetic."

Box office records continue to be broken, awards continue to stack up β€” so far he has won 13 Filmfare awards β€” and throughout all of it his personal life has remained settled and happy. Married to Gauri since 1991, the couple had their first son Aryan in 1997. A daughter, Suhana followed in 2000.

The same year Khan, along with his friend and actress Juhi Chawla, set up the production company Dreamz Unlimited. In 2004, he founded Red Chillies Entertainment, which produced the highly successful 'Main Hoon Na' β€” the directorial debut of the multi-talented choreographer Farah Khan.

Outside of filmmaking Khan can be seen presenting "Kaun Banega Crorepati" β€” India's version of the successful 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" format. And recently, he was part of a consortium which successfully bid for one of the eight new franchises of cricket's Indian Premier League.

But his lifelong love for cricket still takes second place to his job as a continuing Bollywood phenomenon. Having already racked up over 60 films, Khan isn't about to shy away from the spotlight that he so openly adores.
"All my life I've worked towards being recognized," he says. "I love it. I am proud that I am a movie star and have no privacy. What is the point if I am a star and no one knows me?"

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/02/05/SRK.profile/
srklicious thumbnail
Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? (KAPPS) - SRK's New Game show

SRK to host new game show
Indo-Asian News Service, Monday, February 4, 2008: (New Delhi):

After hosting the hugely successful television game show Kaun Banega Crorepati 3 on STAR Plus, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will be back as host of a new reality game show for the channel.

The yet-to-be-titled show is formatted on Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader, a US-based game show featuring adult contestants facing questions picked directly from the textbooks of first standard till fifth graders.

Siddhartha Basu, head of Synergy Adlabs, confirming the news, told IANS, "Shah Rukh will be hosting the Indian version of Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader, the biggest reality show of the past year in the US, which will be produced by Synergy Adlabs."

"We are doing a show with Shah Rukh and it is being produced by Synergy Adlabs," said Keertan Adyantha, general manager and EVP, STAR Plus.

Asked to elaborate, Basu said, "All details will be announced next week."

This is the second time Synergy Adlabs will be producing a reality game show based on an international format. Their first venture was KBC.

According to reports, Shah Rukh will also host the fourth season of KBC.

http://www.ndtvmovies.com/newstory.a...TEN20080040360
srklicious thumbnail
My next is based on a true story

My next is based on a true story

Among other things, KJo waxes eloquent about the SRK-Kajol film being the biggest risk in his career

By: Sarita Tanwar

Karan Johar looks very 'corporate' parked behind the big table, planning a strategy for his next, signing papers, and instructing his team. Even the casual T-shirt, jeans and designer sunglasses cannot take that away from him. Next to him is a Louis Vuitton haversack. Whoever said success was about boring black suits and dull briefcases? Read on as KJo talks about his film, SRK and future plans.

So you finally got your dream team together?
Yes, Kajol is doing my film and I'm very happy…last time, she hadn't turned down my film, per se. I needed her to shoot out of the country for ninety days and she didn't want to leave Nysa for such a long time. This time around I told her, 'I need you. You just have to do my film.' That was it.

The SRK-Kajol jodi comes with expectations.
I'd like people not to think of the kind of love story they have in their head. This is very screenplay-driven. I have just cast the actors that are required for the film. I haven't looked at SRK and Kajol as a pair. It's been written by Shibaji Bhatija and she has done a great job. But I am pertified, mortified and absolutely hysterical about directing this film. I even asked Shibani after reading the first draft, 'Do you think I am the right person to direct this?' The tone of the film is such. All I can say is that in my entire career this is possibly the biggest risk I am taking.

A bigger risk than KANK?
KANK, for me, turned out to be a risk. I didn't venture out knowing it would turn out to be risky. I really don't know which way this film will go. I hope it goes the way I want it to, because it's an important film, irrespective of who's in it or who makes it. But I don't think there is a better cast than Shah Rukh and Kajol for this film.

Who do you think is most equipped to make it?
Mani Ratnam.

It's called My Name Is Khan? Or just Khan?
Actually, the title is the only thing that is not final about it. I am still trying to get a title which is my preference, and I hope I get it. But there will definitely be Khan in the title.

Tell me about the film?
It's an emotional drama (laughs). The other day someone called me and said, 'Hey, I heard you are making a film called My Name is King Khan and it's based on SRK's life.' I said 'No, it's an emotional love story. It's about a man and his wife but there are a lot of issues and very interesting plot points.'

Finalised the remaining cast for the film?
No. Right now, only Shah Rukh and Kajol are on board; and let me tell you, that was done just two days ago. I was telling Kajol, it didn't happen the last time around but this time I have to do this movie with both of you. I had to direct this film with them.

Have you seen promos of her film, U, Me Aur Hum?
I have seen one promo and it's always great to see Kajol. She told me that working with Ajay was like working with the finest director she's ever worked with. So I am really excited to see the film.

The best she's worked with? And you didn't take that as a personal insult!
No! Kajol is a very clever girl and she said that he has directed her amazingly and he has made her look fabulous. I have watched one song from the film and it's beautiful. I'd gone across to their new house, which is beautiful and Ajay played it for me.

Oh, bonding with Mr D??
It's all good, yaar. I don't know how all these stories start. Things between Ajay and me have always been civil, and now they are warm. When I meet him, we chat. I may not have a one-to-one like I have with Kajol but it's always wonderful to talk to him.

Has Kajol forgiven you for not inviting her for Farah's baby shower that you hosted?
(Laughs) I'd invited her. I'd told her that it was happening and she had to come but I forgot to tell her the date. But that's okay. Farah's cool, so is Kajol. (Laughs some more) I am quite a cadet when it comes to these things, I need lists.

Do you feel the burden of expectations from your next film?
Always. I am complexed, insecure, shaky… everything. Success means nothing. Every day is a new beginning. I still feel like I am yet to make a film I am completely proud of. That I would turn back the clock and say, 'I don't need to change a thing.' Whichever film of mine I watch, I cringe in parts, I get angry with myself... I ask myself, 'why did I do this?' I feel I haven't made a film that is flawless. No filmmaker will tell you he or she has made the perfect film. For me, each film has regrets. I want a hundred per cent satisfation.

How do you view other director's films?
I always look at other directors films and say, 'Oh God! They are all so much better than me.' When I saw Chak De! India, I was blown away by the tone of this movie, I could never achieve it. When I saw Taare Zameen Par, I was like, 'I don't have the guts to make this film.' I am always in awe.

How many films do you have in you?
I think, a hundred. Everyday there is a film made inside me. Every time I see a relationship, or witness an emotional moment, I want to capture it. I am all about borrowing from real people, their lives and make movies about them. So I meet somebody, or hear a story, it makes me want to make a film about it. I wish I could. But unfortunately, I can't.

I would really like to see you do a 'real' film. Based on a true story, I mean.
Actually, the film that I am directing now, is half true. It's based on a true story.

You are joking!
Not at all. I can't really talk about this but it's based on a real-life couple and something that happened to them. They are based out of this country. We have fictionalised the second half but the first half is based on a completely true story. The second half begins with what happens to the protagonist, then Shibani fictionalised what could have happened and it works for me totally.

They know you are making a film about their life?
Yes, they do, and I have officially bought the rights to their life.

You can do that??
Ok, bought rights to their story. I think they were also in need... in terms of... Actually don't want to go there. I just felt that I needed to compensate them.

Are you and SRK jointly getting into production and launching three movies?
Shah Rukh has Red Chillies, and I have Dharma, but we are kind of together anyway. We are producing our own films but any deal that I strike, it's always in consultation with Shah Rukh and he will be a part of it. So he and I are one in any case, even though we are not one on paper. Anything I do, I run it by him first. Any decision he takes, we discuss. So it's like Red Chillies and Dharma are the same.

Will you co-produce?
We might, of course. That could be the future. I think we are two forces that could very well combine together. In essence, we already are one. I have a joke with Aryan (SRK's son) I always tell him, 'you better be nice to me, someday you will inherit everything that I have.' I always ask him, 'you want my Bandra house, or 'you want my town house?'

As long as you are feeling generous, I'll take your office.
Ha, ha... sure. But seriously, SRK's kids are really the closest I am going to get to kids for a while. So they get everything.

Directing, modelling, designing, TV show, hosting live shows. Anything new on the agenda?
I get really strange offers. Especially acting ones. For some reason, people think I can act. Of course, I don't take them up.

Offers from who? Please tell.
No, no. You don't even want to know. Let me tell you they have not been from any great names. (laughs)

Not Mani Ratnam?
(Cracks up) No, from him, I mean I would totally consider it if he offered me a role. I think I have pretty much done everything I ever wanted to do. I have done it all... my primary passion is making movies. Everything else is extra-curricular. My big dream is Dharma Productions. That's more my father's dream than mine. He wanted it to be huge and be known all over the world.

You have already done that...
I want to make it much bigger. I have been making one film in two years. Now I want to do three films a year, and who knows where I will go after that... if that experiment or endeavour is successful. I will take it from there.

And you obviously cannot direct three films a year.
That's why we have a host of new talent. A host of new directors: Tarun, Siddharth Malhotra and Renzil. They are all first-timers and they're making films for me. Then I have an animation film being made. We are officially launching four films, one after the other.

Tell me about the film.
My animation film is called Kootchie Kootchie Hota Hai takes off from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. It's KKHH with dogs, cats, orangutans, pigs, donkeys and all sorts of animals. It's an animal world but like a human world. The amenities are what you and I are used to. They have schools, colleges, hospitals, and we have…

Prada?
(sniggers) Ummm, you never know... I am the Devil and I cannot do without Prada. But we are collaborating with Prana, who are experts in animation and they are are co-producing the film.

You lost your temper with Mannish Goel on Say Shaava Shaava.
I just felt that he wasn't sporting enough. You cannot be in the entertainment business and be this sensitive. You have to learn to handle it better. You cannot get emotional and cry over a comment on the show. I can say this because I have all kinds of things written about me in newspapers and magazines. And I just laugh it off. If I didn't, I would be a basket case. There is a guy called Shubbu or something who writes a blog about me. He is obsessed about me. Everyday he gets up and vents against me. I find his blog very entertaining. I read it everyday.

Ever commented on it?
I tried to, but you have to become a member to do that and I find that such a bother.

Will you meet this blogger?
I would love to meet him. He is the only person I know, who is more obsessed with me than I am with myself.

http://epapers2.mid-day.com/midday/s...date=2/12/2008
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
can't wait for khan & the gameshow mario A huge sharad divyanka update on it's wayπŸ˜†
srklicious thumbnail
yeah i hope the artical is true n kads is nin khan n awww hun cant for sv updat 😳