•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

'Yuvraj and I were not compatible'

How does Kim handles her agonies and ecstasies? Does the break-up with Yuvraj Singh still rankle? Kim Sharma brought in her 28th birthday yesterday and was interviewed over coffee-and-cake by Ashok Rai.

Excerpts from our conversation:

Listen, I cannot help but ask you what caused the split with Yuvraj Singh?
But why ask me that? Why does every journo continue to ask me that? It's been almost a year since we broke up. Surely one broken relationship is not my raison d'etre. I've dumped boyfriends before and I've been dumped too.. so what's the big deal?

What happened?
The break-up happened simply because the relationship wasn't working out. A guy has to stand up for his girl. Like my dad did for my mum when his family was opposed to their marriage. I really think love isn't about one's status or bank balance, these are externals which cannot buy you happiness.

What were the contentious issues between you two?
Compataibility essentially. And the fact that we came from and lived in different worlds. Opposites do attract.. but for how long?

It's believed that Yuvraj Singh's mother didn't approve of you..
Look, I have a mom too.. if someone said anything against her, that would be in bad taste. So I wouldn't like to comment on his mother.. my relationship was not with her.

There was no potential saas-bahu syndrome?
Never, I didn't let it get there.. even though Yuvi and I were together for over three years.

Where did you first meet him?
It was at a party, a night club.. but don't ask me which one because I don't remember.. maybe I don't want to remember.

When did you last see Yuvi?
Ten to 12 months ago. The parting was pretty mutual. I used to have his ring.. I don't know where it is now.

There were reports that he tried to get back through SMSs to you?
If there were any, I didn't react to them. Once a relationship is over, it's dead.

But you were very upset with the news that he was seeing Deepika Padukone.
Not upset. I was tickled, amused. This is a normal response in a break-up. Life has to go on and it does.

In between there were rumours that you were majorly upset when Yuvraj Singh was reported to be seen with another girl.. a model?
Oh that? That was just one of those funny moments. I just shrugged it away. It was as if he was with a Maserati and he wanted to be with a Maruti 800.

Look, I'm talking to you on this subject because I want to get it over with once and for all. (Laughs lightly) I don't have any bee in my bonnet anymore.

Deepika isn't a bee in your bonnet? What's your impression about her?
Again, I wouldn't like to say that I'm better or worse than her. I have my self-pride, it's their lives and so be it.

What if you were suddenly introduced to Deepika at a party?
I would be very gracious, I'd say, "Hello, I've heard so much about you.. and all nice things."

Are you a singleton now?
Yup.. but of course I have male friends, I go out on dates occasionally. But I'm not frivolous about this.. if a date isn't serious boyfriend material, I stop there.

I'm no passing-ship-in-the-night-sort-of-a-girl. I always say at the end of the day, "Don't call me, I'll call you."

What about one of your former boyfriends – (director) Prashant Chadha? Does he still carry a torch for you?
(Affectionately) He's a really nice guy, very caring. I know he's there.. no one can forget me. But too much water has flown under that bridge. It's not possible to start all over again.

You seem to have a mind of your own.. so why do you have this image of a bimbette?
You tell me! I'm sufficiently well read, I can conduct an intelligent conversation whenever I get an opportunity to discuss things beyond Bollywood.

Maybe, it's because of the way I look, my voice, the pout I was born with.. but let me tell you I'm all natural. (Pleased) I'm one of the last few naturals.

When I was a teenager, I was a wild child. When I was offered modelling assignments, it felt great to attain financial indpendence. But now what's to be done? I've been caught up in bad glam-sham roles. There are days, when it's all so frustrating.

Can you re-invent yourself?
I'm not a desperado. Que sera sera. I could be an excellent film production person. Some day, I could put film projects together.. I'm very organised. As for designing a fashion line, no. I'd rather that others design for me.

Some of your friends say that you can lose your cool quite easily.
They're probably right. But I've improved, I'm cooler.. by let's say by 50 per cent. I'm working on the other half.

It's just that I will not tolerate a drunk at China House or wherever misbehaving with me. I won't suffer fools gladly.

What's happening on your career front?
I'm doing Loot, Money Hai to Honey Hai and a film being made by Popcorn Entertainment in Turkish. I must have done 20 films so far.. some were decent.. the others weren't. Because I often have to pick the best from the worst.

You started out with Yash Raj's Mohabbatein. Why have they never offered you a film again?
Because when I started off, I didn't understand the etiquette of the industry. This was misconstrued as arrogance.

Whenever Adi (Aditya Chopra) meets me, he's very warm. And that's it. Today when I look at newcomers, I see that they're so very competitive, very clued into career moves. I wasn't.

Finally, what's it like to be 28?
I feel grown-up. I've made some really terrific friends in the industry – Urmila (Matondkar), Preeti (Jhangiani) and Apoorva Lakhia. And you know what? None of them ever bring up the break-up. They know, if I hadn't moved on, I wouldn't have grown up.

look like she's still not over him. i think she's trying real hard to prove that she's forgotten him....yu can get that from her answers.

Okay Saas Bahu nahi toh honaywali Susri aur honaywali Bahu kih khitpitt kih toh zhalak dikh rahi hainπŸ˜‰  Anyway like all Bollywood movies this parting is a happy ending or sorts for Kim.

Saw an interview of Yuvi's dad.. And his ugly views on women in genral and how marriage is similar to horse breeding etc... I feel sad for the girl who will b the bahu of a family which has such thoughts about women !! Dont like Kim much but I guess its good for her ..

Originally posted by angel_111

Saw an interview of Yuvi's dad.. And his ugly views on women in genral and how marriage is similar to horse breeding etc... I feel sad for the girl who will b the bahu of a family which has such thoughts about women !! Dont like Kim much but I guess its good for her ..

Iiskah mutlub hain keh Deepika kih honeh wali Susri ghodi hain aur honeh wala Paati uss ghodi kah tattuu. Wah, wah yeh hui naa baatπŸ˜‰

]In between there were rumours that you were majorly upset when Yuvraj Singh was reported to be seen with another girl.. a model?
Oh that? That was just one of those funny moments. I just shrugged it away. It was as if he was with a Maserati and he wanted to be with a Maruti 800.

[quote]

You started out with Yash Raj's Mohabbatein. Why have they never offered you a film again?
Because when I started off, I didn't understand the etiquette of the industry. This was misconstrued as arrogance.[/quote]

Check both her repliesπŸ˜†. I think she was an ideal match for Yuvraj's mommy jaan.

Kim Sharma definitely does not deserve Yuvraj.

She is way too wild and was even seen fighting and sticking out her middle finger to some people in a nightclub.

Deepika is way too good for Yuvraj. She deserves someone much better.

Yuvraj should find someone outside of the film industry.

hmmm.. kim seems overly eager in proving that she's over yuvraj that gives me the impression that she still isn't over him yet.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

anyways, i think she should just move on instead of talking about it.

Originally posted by sneha_2100

Kim Sharma definitely does not deserve Yuvraj.

She is way too wild and was even seen fighting and sticking out her middle finger to some people in a nightclub.

Deepika is way too good for Yuvraj. She deserves someone much better.

Yuvraj should find someone outside of the film industry.

If Kim does not deserve Yuvraj, and he does not deserve Deepika. Then he should start dating Rakhi Sawant. Woh dono Yuvraj aur uskih Matushree, koh line mein rakhegi.  The third time is a charm Yuvraj go for itπŸ˜‰

Originally posted by bunbutt_too

If Kim does not deserve Yuvraj, and he does not deserve Deepika. Then he should start dating Rakhi Sawant. Woh dono Yuvraj aur uskih Matushree, koh line mein rakhegi.The third time is a charm Yuvraj go for itπŸ˜‰

Rakhi aur Yuvraj πŸ˜†

Most of the female actresses are too good for Yuvraj.

Maybe Anjana Sukhani and him will make a good match.

She was in Salaam E Ishq as Anil's girlfriend.