Bandham

BANDHAM MONTHLY ARCHIVES

bluegal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

A BRIEF SUMMARY (COURTESY TO ATINA)

Episode 1 to Episode 8

Nithila is the daughter of Thamirabarani (Thamira)who is spending her 20th year in Andaman Prison and is about to be released from the prison. Thamira has a brother

(  still not sure whether he is own brother or some relative- but he is a very nice person and kind to Thamira and her daughter Nithila  )

Nithila is studying MBA in a college and staying in a convent hostel.She is very much attached to the Mother Superior of that convent since she was brought up by her all these 20 years. Nithi considers the Mother Superior as her own mother and she has a lot of respect and love for her.

Thamira's brother is married to Aadhilakshmi (Aadhi) who never misses any chance to show her hatred towards Tamira and Nithi. She is a very dominating wife and the poor husband has to listen to all of her nonsense and he is so helpless to do anything at all even if he wants to. They have two sons Santha Ganapathi(Shanth) and Selva Ganapathi(Selva). The elder son is a little bit immature and he poses as if he handles all the problems in the office- like talking over a phone when the phone is not even connected etc. He makes himself a fool and the sincere manager Aadiapatham tries to help him out in all the dumb things he does. Aadiapatham is a very sincere worker in the family for years and he is a well-wisher of Thamira and Nithi.

Aadhi has a brother who has a daughter (  oops !!! I forgot her name ..But I promise later on I will try to find and let you all know  ) Aadhi and her husband and the girl's parents are planning for the marriage of Shanth to her. When the boy's parents go to the girl's house to propose officially, the girl shocked both parents by asking 'How can you people plan my marriage without asking me??' (  big baanda ma!!!  )and anyway she asks for some time and goes inside her room and thinks about Shanth who is her mura mapillai and comes out with a positive answer and tells everyone about her concern and also warns everyone not to take any decision like this in future.

Nithi does not know that her mother is a prisoner in Andaman and rather she thinks that her mom is working in Andaman. Her mother comes from Andaman by ship and Nithi, Selva and his dad go to the port to receive her. Nithi is very happy to see her mom after 20 years and Thamira is too happy to see her and others. Before she gets into the car she asks her brother whether Nithi knows about her prison stay and he assures that she does not know anything at all.

They reach home where Aadhi is waiting to spit out her anger and her hatred towards Thamira. After a short stop, Thamira takes her house key goes to her house, which is in the same compound, along with Nithi. A lot of flash backs come in her mind where she lives happily with her husband and Baby Nithi. The house is very dusty and both mom and daughter start cleaning the house.

Aadiapatham comes and tells that long time ago her husband handed over some money to him. All this 20 years, her brother was sending money for Nithy's education from that money. He hands in a book where he had written all the account detail along with a balance amount of Rs 7620. Thamira was touched by this action of Aadiapatham. Nithi and Thamira exchange their gifts and both were surprised to find that they both have bought exactly the same gift. It is a crystal mother and baby statue with a small alarm clock.

Aadhi announces her decision of fixing a wife for her younger son, to her choice. Selva does not approve of this and he goes away from there. Meanwhile Thamira brings milk and tells them to have that since this is the first time she boiled milk in her house after the prayers. But Aadhi as usual insults her and when Thamira asks Aadhi's help to find a job, Aadhi sarcastically offers a servant maid's job in her house for Rs 1500 per month. Thamira happily accepts that.

Click onto the links below to view the archives:

YEAR 2006

OCTOBER 2006
NOVEMBER 2006
DECEMBER 2006

YEAR 2007

JANUARY 2007
FEBRUARY 2007
MARCH 2007
APRIL 2007
MAY 2007
JUNE 2007
JULY 2007
AUGUST 2007
SEPTEMBER 2007
OCTOBER 2007
NOVEMBER 2007
DECEMBER 2007

YEAR 2008

JANUARY 2008
FEBRUARY 2008
MARCH 2008
APRIL 2008
MAY 2008
JUNE 2008
JULY 2008
AUGUST 2008
SEPTEMBER 2008
OCTOBER 2008
NOVEMBER 2008
DECEMBER 2008

YEAR 2009

JANUARY 2009 

MARCH 2009

APRIL 2009

END OF SERIAL 29 MAY 2009
Bandham has come to an today...... They ended  well.....without leaving any thing unsolved......

I hereby dedicate this thread to all the updaters which includes me too.....( self dedication...????!!!😉....what to do...???)

Bandham from October 2006 to May 2009

I Have recorded the updaters names here according to the number of updates done by them...some of our updaters are no more active....but will be remembered for ever....by Bandham fans......

The number of episodes and the total number of updates done may not match as....some updates are done by two updaters occationally.....and some updates are done half by some one and the other half by another updater....like meli filled in once which we all missed  in Asia and USA but not in Europe......

here it is for all of you!!!

atina                241
bluegal             173
netra_rama  165
dasa1                 64
nithyamkv       30
eljay                    17
spain                   11
kuttyvijay            3
neelambari          3
rojapoooo             3
fluidd                      2
meli                         2
swash                     1

You all are aware of the number of pictures so far I have posted.....( they are more than 6 thousand....a rough calculation)  
Once again Thanks to all the updaters.....
Edited by atina - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters