Ketki Dave Departs Kyunki --Article

parm11 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

"I refuse to stand like a prop"

< content=01/20/2008 name=date>

Ketki Dave aka Daksha of Kyunki… has refused to shoot until she gets solo scenes and a better track
Back to Section Stories Posted On Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ranjib Mazumder

Ketki Dave

Ketki Dave aka Daksha Virani of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi has been acting tough on the sets. The actress has stopped reporting on the sets, after the combo episode in December. Ketki who made a comeback into the show in February, 2007 is not happy with her present track.

Earlier, her character had a major role in the serial but now, she is just a part of the rest of the cast. A source in the production house says, "When Ketki came back in the show, we aired promos on the channel and gave her a very good track. Kyunki… is the story of a joint family and she plays one of the many members of the family. Needless to say, she was not happy being a part of the crowd."

The source adds, "She demanded that her character must have more prominence in the show. She does not want to be part of the family scene."

The creative team, however, did not oblige Ketki and that left Ketki fuming. She told the creative team that she will not come to the sets unless she gets solo scenes and a separate track. Ketki says that she was called back to the show promising her a good track. When she realised that she was only a part of the family and did not have a major role to herself, she threw a fit and walked out of the sets.

The source further says, "Ketki has walked out of the sets at least four times. After the combo episode she is not shooting for Kyunki… any more. The creative team has decided to go ahead and shoot without her."

When contacted, Ketki seems unperturbed. She confirms, "Yes, I am not shooting for Kyunki… any more. There is nothing interesting happening with my track, so I felt it was better not to shoot."

She adds, "I have done Kyunki… for more than one-and-a-half years in my first stint. Earlier, characters like Daksha had a lot to contribute to the story. In fact, all the characters were intricately interlinked, unlike now, where the track is on a single character. When I made a comeback in February, I had a good role in my hands. But, the scenario has completely changed. I refuse to stand like a prop. That's why I have told the creative team to call me only when there is something worthy for me. I received a call to report on the sets but realised that it was only a family scene. So, I decided to leave."

Ketki justifies her action, saying, "I am an actress and I look for creative satisfaction. I don't work for money. I know that a lot of actors who work as props in a show just to earn money. I don't belong to that category."

When we ask if she has spoken to Ekta about her decision to quit the show unless offered a better track, she replies. "Why should I speak to Ekta? I have spoken to the creative team of the show!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guronge thumbnail
wow another character quit? 😭 What has Kyunki become? Ekta should solve all the unsolved problems & end Kyunki before the whole cast quits
zinny.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, man! First Pulkit, then Prachi, then Jay Bhanushali, now Kekti? Wow! Surprizing! Really Surprizing.
mumpet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Zinu29

Wow, man! First Pulkit, then Prachi, then Jay Bhanushali, now Kekti? Wow! Surprizing! Really Surprizing.

That is a long list😭😭😭

Edited by mumpet - 16 years ago
mumpet thumbnail
Thanks for the article😳 Edited by mumpet - 16 years ago
Guronge thumbnail

Jay quit Kayamath? 😕

Edited by Guronge - 16 years ago
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Guronge

Jay quit Kayamath? 😕

he's thinking to venture out and if he gets something good,yes he's quitting... don't blame him at all, his character scope was worse than pukit's..he had no real scene after michi... Prachi?? she quit kasam se????

mumpet thumbnail
Originally posted by: desigrl05

he's thinking to venture out and if he gets something good,yes he's quitting... don't blame him at all, his character scope was worse than pukit's..he had no real scene after michi... Prachi?? she quit kasam se????

Yeah, she is taking a break and might come back later, but she is not allowed to be seen on tv because of her new film Rock On😳😳

zinny.xo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah! But I heard somewhere Prachi isn't doing the movie anymore?
mumpet thumbnail

Yeah! But I heard somewhere Prachi isn't doing the movie anymore?

Really?😕😕 Will go check KS forums and then I will come back with the latest news😆😆😆