Retro Cafe - Hrishikesh Mukherjee Spl

Posted: 16 years ago
Hello Friends,

In continuation of our "Recap with Golden Retros" this week we bring you yet another masterpiece.

But before announcing the theme, its time to announce the winner of last week's Retro Quiz (#7) Contest. And the Winner is:
minimouse2007

πŸ‘Congratulations Minimouse!!!! Very well done!!πŸ‘

And her request for the Retro to be played this week is indeed a fabulous one !! It is the  .... 

Hrishikesh Mukherjee Spl

Hrishikesh Mukherjee was among the best film makers of Indian Cinema. He brought us some of the finest stories out of ordinary life and yet managed to leave a huge impression on us. His films bespoke of middle-class, genteel sensibility, lined with deep intelligence and observation. Inspite of showing reality he could transport the common man into a surreal world of soul stirring emotional moments. They could make you cry, they could make you laugh, and they could make you laugh even while you cried. Those films left a lasting impression in the hearts if viewers.

In a career spanning over half a century, he gave cinema lovers some memorable films like 'Anand', 'Anuradha', 'Chupke Chupke', 'Bawarchi', 'Guddi', 'Mili', 'Abhimaan' 'Rajnigandha' to name a few. All these films have become milestones in Indian cinema. He also worked as writer for 15 films, including 'Namak Haram', 'Abhimaan', 'Bawarchi' and 'Guddi'. He was also involved as editor with 15 films.

To know more about him, please read the following thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/275923

This week with Retro we will take a trip down the memory lane and re-acquaint with all those evergreen songs which added that extra flavour to Hrishikesh Mukherjee films. Songs that are are still fresh in the minds of the audience.So, please note down the show details as given below, mark the date and time in your calendar, PM your friends to let them know too, add this thread to your favorites and keep the radio link handy and get set to have a memorable time.

On wednesday then we shall all meet right here on this thread at the Retro time, and listen to our  favorite show.....

Retro Caf : A Blast from the Past!

Here are the Show details :

Date : 2nd Jan , 2008

Theme : Hrishikesh Mukherjee Spl

Radio links :   Here is your direction to connect to the IF Radio:

Or use this link in winamp:

http://radio.india-forums.com:8000/live.m3u

Show timings(wed/thurs IST)Retro  will be streamed  at  11:00 PM IST, 2AM IST, 5 AM IST and 8 AM IST.

The corresponding times for these  in the different time zones shall be as follows :

11:00PM IST - 11.30 PM (Bangladesh)  5.30 PM UK(London ) 12.30PM (EST), 11.30 AM CT, 10.30 AM MT, 9.30 AM PT (NorthAmerica)

2 AM IST  - 2.30 AM (Bangladesh)-8.30 PM UK (London) - 3.30 PM (EST), 2.30PM (CT),1.30 PM MT,12.30PM PT (North America)

5 AM IST - 5.30 AM (Bangladesh) -11.30 AM UK (London) - 6.30 PM (EST),5.30PM (CT),4.30PM MT, 3.30PM PT (North America)

8 AM IST - 8.30 AM (Bangladesh) - 2.30 AM UK (London) - 9.30 PM(EST), 8.30PM (CT), 7.30PM MT,6.30PM PT (North America) 

Regards

Edited by Barnali - 16 years ago

The correct answers to Quiz #7 are (marked in red):

General Questions :

1.      This song of RD Burman is  heavily inspired from dad S.D.Burman's composition  

"Thandi hawaaein lehrake aayein" .The song is :

Kuch na kaho kuch bhi na klaho

Saagar Kinare Dil Yeh Pukare

Tujhse Naraz Nahi Zindagi

2.      Actor Amjad Khan was almost dropped from the film Sholay because

scriptwriter Javed Akhter felt his voice weak for Gabbar Singh's role.

True

False

3.      Hindi Cinema's first music composer was a lady who is better known for being a famous actress's mother. Her name is :

Jaddan Bai

Shobhna Samarth

Fateh Bibi

Which actress's mother was she?

Nargis        

4.      He started his playback singing career in the year 1943 , with a duet with Suraiya for a film whose music was scored by Krishna Chandra Dey. The song became an instant hit. This singer is :

Talat Mahmood

Manna Dey

Mukesh

Audio Round    Gramophone animation

5.      In the following Retro Caf episode, which song from the film "Kala Bazaar" 

was played ?

http://www.india-forums.com/podcast/podcast.asp?id=233

khoya khoya chaand khula aasman

Thank you all for  showing interest in this week's Retro Quiz

The other "all correct answer"entries were sent by : 

amail1601

gr8fun

Guardian Angel

rock&roll

Congratulations to all of you.πŸ‘

Thanks to all the others who participated and wish you better luck next time.πŸ‘πŸΌ

Regards

Cool thanks. And congrats to the winners. πŸ‘

Hrishikesh Mukherjee Spl.... one of my fav directors. he is one director whose most films I have seen...... and I am not a avid film watcher....😳

Congrats Minimouse and all the other winners....πŸ˜›

wow this is very interesting 😳
congrtas minimouse πŸ‘ ...Hrishikesh Mukherjee's songs wld be gr8...lookinng fwd to them 😳

Congrats to all the winnersπŸ˜ƒ

will try to be thereπŸ˜†

hey finally i won the retro quiz.i always got one answer wrong in the previous quizes.i am so happy.thanks everyone...merry christmas.i think hrishikesh mukherjee was a genius.evenn if you watch his movies over and over again you never get bored.my favourites are abhimaan,chupke chupke,golmaal lots more and of course Anand.
Congrats to Minimouse2007. This Hrishikesh Mukherji retro will surely rock!! πŸ‘   Hope everyone will have great time listening to it. 😊 Edited by Guardian Angel - 16 years ago