Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-shehzaadi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
actually i think u guys might not have noticed. when the kids sing older songs, he has more feedback to give and his feedback is much different from sonuji. just watch the soha episode and the usha uthup episode. he had alot of detailed points to say. but when the kids sing newer recent songs, then he can't say much because he's not too familiar with the songs which is why sonuji is asked first. you cant blame him for that can you? most elder people have no interest in songs nowadays. and maybe he genuinely agrees with sonuji. you know how they discuss things while the children are singing, so maybe he tells what he feels to sonuji and when sonuji is asked first he tells the same points that are in sureshji's mind. he's an amazing judge and has much better ears than many other people.
Manik_mia thumbnail

Originally posted by: shehzaadi91

actually i think u guys might not have noticed. when the kids sing older songs, he has more feedback to give and his feedback is much different from sonuji. just watch the soha episode and the usha uthup episode. he had alot of detailed points to say. but when the kids sing newer recent songs, then he can't say much because he's not too familiar with the songs which is why sonuji is asked first. you cant blame him for that can you? most elder people have no interest in songs nowadays. and maybe he genuinely agrees with sonuji. you know how they discuss things while the children are singing, so maybe he tells what he feels to sonuji and when sonuji is asked first he tells the same points that are in sureshji's mind. he's an amazing judge and has much better ears than many other people.

This is the reason there should have another judge here; preferably female judge.

PiyaBawri thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
If someone takes the responsibility of being someone's "mentor" and then abandons them halfway saying "this person is besura and if i was given someone who could sing in sur i would make them go far" how can we expect such a man to give meaningful comments to the little kids.
diyaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: shehzaadi91

if you are judging the future singers of nation and taking the responsibility, you cannot escape like he can judge some songs and cannot other songs. like sonu, he also has to judge all songs, or else bring someone who can do that. This is playing with kids future.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Argghh!! I just wrote a long reply and something happened and my stupid computer lost it all, here I go again:

Hate me if you will, but for some reason I do think that the man possesses the wisdom and the knowledge of singing required to judge this competition, and simply fails to express himself in a similar manner. Perhaps its his hesitation of sharing his thoughts or maybe his inability of connecting with the audience that fails him, but I do think that he is well fit for the job. Sure sometimes his failure to share his comments in an accurate manner and his extremely cliched comments can be very frustrating, but I do think that the man plays a big role in the elimination process. His inability to connect with the viewers and the kids is because of the age gap. I think that it may be that he is not aware or knowledgeable about today's music, but he truly does understand the raw singing that comes with today's songs. Sure he can be a bore at times, but I just think that its not his incapability that causes this but simply his failure to connect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Sonu Nigam fan, and when it comes down to it, I definitely prefer the spunky Sonu over the serious Suresh W, but I do think that we should give him some credit for his judging.

Just my opinion. πŸ˜ƒ
rock&roll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Argghh!! I just wrote a long reply and something happened and my stupid computer lost it all, here I go again:

Hate me if you will, but for some reason I do think that the man possesses the wisdom and the knowledge of singing required to judge this competition, and simply fails to express himself in a similar manner. Perhaps its his hesitation of sharing his thoughts or maybe his inability of connecting with the audience that fails him, but I do think that he is well fit for the job. Sure sometimes his failure to share his comments in an accurate manner and his extremely cliched comments can be very frustrating, but I do think that the man plays a big role in the elimination process. His inability to connect with the viewers and the kids is because of the age gap. I think that it may be that he is not aware or knowledgeable about today's music, but he truly does understand the raw singing that comes with today's songs. Sure he can be a bore at times, but I just think that its not his incapability that causes this but simply his failure to connect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Sonu Nigam fan, and when it comes down to it, I definitely prefer the spunky Sonu over the serious Suresh W, but I do think that we should give him some credit for his judging.

Just my opinion. πŸ˜ƒ

very well said,najlaπŸ‘...i agree with on every point..esp the ones in bold ..wanted to write something like this myself but u beat me to it 😳......

Sureshji is  not camera savvy and not good in sugar coating his words,... but he is a very knowledgeable person in music and it is truly sad that he  has recd such feedback from ppl... I have also noticed that his knowledge of new songs is not good and hence his commenst abt such songs are not detail oriented and may even sound biased.......he gives less marks to the singer if he doesn't like a song/hasn't heard a song.....mostly a new one!!!other than this minus point,i have not noticed any flaw in his judgement...with old songs,he goes into minute details.His knowledge of sur and other small details is excellent .....He has no reason to echo Sonu's comments unless he genuinely feels the same way.....πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by rock&roll - 16 years ago
Manik_mia thumbnail
Najla and Anita,
I have no reason to disagree with you guys that Sureshji is an excellant musician and knoledgeable person on music. But i do not like when he says "majja nahi aaya" and gives the grade. I would have liked it if he explain why "majja nahi aaya" so that the little kid get some teaching out of this and learn from this.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Originally posted by: rock&roll

very well said,najlaπŸ‘...i agree with on every point..esp the ones in bold ..wanted to write something like this myself but u beat me to it 😳......

Sureshji is  not camera savvy and not good in sugar coating his words,... but he is a very knowledgeable person in music and it is truly sad that he  has recd such feedback from ppl... I have also noticed that his knowledge of new songs is not good and hence his commenst abt such songs are not detail oriented and may even sound biased.......he gives less marks to the singer if he doesn't like a song/hasn't heard a song.....mostly a new one!!!other than this minus point,i have not noticed any flaw in his judgement...with old songs,he goes into minute details.His knowledge of sur and other small details is excellent .....He has no reason to echo Sonu's comments unless he genuinely feels the same way.....πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you Anita, very well said yourself. 😊
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Originally posted by: Manik_mia

Najla and Anita,
I have no reason to disagree with you guys that Sureshji is an excellant musician and knoledgeable person on music. But i do not like when he says "majja nahi aaya" and gives the grade. I would have liked it if he explain why "majja nahi aaya" so that the little kid get some teaching out of this and learn from this.

I understand what you're saying and I agree. His comments are extremely cliched and its frustrating because you know that he has the comments inside his head but fails to share those thoughts with us, intentionally or unintentionally. However, I also do think that even though his comments aren't as well thought out, his true opinions are reflected in the decisions.

As a last thought, I think that once public voting begins (or since it has begun in a sense), he needs to become more opinionated and share his thoughts openly and carefully in order to guide the viewers in the right way.
rock&roll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Manik_mia

Najla and Anita,

ai gree with u on this,manik_miaji.....majaa nahi aaya is a very vague statement...and if he feels this way he shld also clearly  explain ki kyon majaa nahi aaya .....He doesn't seem to be good with explaining himself....and he needs to change this...😊