Food, Drinks & Recipes

Cotton Candy/Candy floss day!!! Lets eat

Posted: 16 years ago

The 7th December in the Unites States, marks Cotton Candy day, Here in the Uk it is known as candly floss.

Fun Facts

America celebrates National Cotton Candy Day on December 7th Cotton candy was originally called fairy floss In 1920 fairy floss was re-named cotton candy
  • Cotton candy contains only one ingredient: sugar

How is Cotton Candy Made?

Cotton candy is very simple to make. First sugar is melted into a liquid state and then spun it in the cotton candy machine. The machine forces the liquid through tiny holes that shape and cool the liquid sugar. After it cools, the sugar becomes a solid again. The center of the machine is filled with thousands of tiny threads that are collected and served on a stick.

Recipe: http://www.cottoncandy.net/making.html

Cotton Candy StandCotton Candy - If you've ever been to a carnival, circus, amusement park, fair or any other type of large outdoor event with vendors selling a variety of trinkets, you've most likely had the chance to sample an odd yet delicious candy known as cotton candy also called candy floss or candy cotton. Your parents probably made sure you didn't eat too much cotton candy though, right? And then proceeded to tell you stories about how cotton candy will give you cavities so horrific your teeth would eventually fall out? Well, maybe not quite that horrible, though I did once overhear a mother telling her son that about cotton candy.

In truth, cotton candy isn't nearly so horrible as many make it sound. Sure, cotton candy is almost purely sugar, but there isn't enough in cotton candy to make your teeth instantly form cavities. Unless, of course, you eat cotton candy multiple times a day and several times a week.

Cotton candy doesn't contain all that much sugar - merely as much sugar as one would get drinking a can of an average soft drink. In fact, in a normal serving of cotton candy (about a 1 oz. cone) there are only about 100
calories - compared to anywhere from 130-170 calories in a can of non-diet soft drink.

This fluffy and delightful candy is a novelty to children as well as adults. The process by which cotton candy is made has been around for over 100 years so chances are you could ask your grandparents about their first encounter with cotton candy and they'll tell you at great length how much it cost and how neat it was back in the day.

So who loves candy floss/ cotton candy?😳

When do u eat it? at carnival, at circuses only or whenever u crave it?

Edited by anon - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh I didn't know there was such day!
Happy Cotton Candy Day!!

In Suriname we only get to eat Cotton candy at carnivals, circuses, Children's day(5th dec) and National Fairs...

So i got my Cotton candy on 5th dec..it was Yummy 👏 👏 👏

we call it "SuikerSpin" in Suriname-- which is translated as.."Sugar-Spider" in English 😆 😆

Love,
Gracella
prithvi lover thumbnail
YYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
KOOL DAY! 😆 😆
mellisai thumbnail

happy cotton candy day!!

cool_pooja thumbnail
Originally posted by: anon

So who loves candy floss/ cotton candy?😳

Me me me mee!!! I love it like hell especially the pink one!! And even the yellow one is amazing and even the white one is out of this world..And dose r the only flavours avaliable in Pakistan! 😆

When do u eat it? at carnival, at circuses only or whenever u crave it?

I eat it whereever i see it! 😆 I dunt miss the oppturnity!! 😆 I end up eating it every week!

Nice Post!👏

manshi_singh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I love Cotton Candy!!!!!!! 😃 Its soooooooo yummyyyyyyyyyy 😃 I love the pink one 😃

I used to eat it at Diwali melas and all but now even in the mall, they sell it 😃
*~Kaynaat~* thumbnail
kool!idk there was such day!anywayz HAPPY COTTON CANDY DAY!
varchita thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yummy
i love candy floss
Guardian Angel thumbnail
Wow thanks!! I used to eat so much cotton candy its a surprise I have my teeth left 😆
payal_r thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow!!
i used to have a candy floss maker at home 😆 ... but it stopped working 😕 😭