Poll

Do u like Prashants album?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
x-ZZZ-x thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

hey guys....

hve u heard Prashants album? wat did use think about it?

i thnk it could hve been abit better.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

orchid10 thumbnail

Originally posted by: #1EijazFan

Ii understand he is nepali and proud too 😊 good 4 him but its not fair that he wins indian idol yet speaks in his own language.
imagine if you were a british citizen whose first language was tamil and you recently win X factor.
everyone will eagerly await your album and then there turns out 2 be a song which you have no idea what they are going on about and appeals 2 a very very very small part of the country, you would most prolli not wanna buy the album right?
how can he appeal only 2 one state when he has won indian idol? quite a shame really

Why are you comparing him with a Tamil speaking UK Idol winner, when Tamil is not even an official language in UK? You should compare it with a situation if a Tamil or Telagu speaker had won the Indian Idol and decided to put a few songs in that language, would you have the same problem? Remember that Tamil, Telagu and Nepali are all official languages of India, together with Hindi and many many other languages. Also, if Amit had won and he chose to put a few Khasi or Garo songs (which I'm pretty sure he would have to show his thanks to the Tribal areas that supported him endlessly) , would that have bothered you too? If yes, then you don't understand the very basic thing that music is not dependent on any language. You don't have to 'understand' the words to enjoy music. Further, to that, it also means you don't understand the diverse cultural and lingustic importance of regional languages.

However, if you would have no problems if a Tamil/Telagu/Bengali/Punjabi winner would have put in a few songs of those languages in their album or if Amit had put in a few Khasi/Garo songs in his language, but have problems with Prashant's 2 Nepali songs, then we all know what the reason for that is.

As for him not being on TV anywhere, that's because Sony is milking every penny they can by sending him on concerts all over the world for a hefty fee.

Edited by orchid10 - 16 years ago
orchid10 thumbnail

how can he appeal only 2 one state when he has won indian idol? quite a shame really

In case you didn't know, Nepali speaking Indians live all over India, not just in West Bengal. Other than West Bengal, they are spread in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur and many more. Now don't tell me these parts of India don't count.

coolsonu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I was the one who said I thought he was the undeserving winner yet said i would make a fair judgement
i dont think it was terrible but damn he could have done wayyy better!
hes got the expensive cobtract yet not even once have i seen him on t.v..
its such a shame and if ur gonna make an album to appeal 2 evry since u won INDIAN idol then its only fair u speak in a language that most indians understand-hindi!
i understand he is nepali and proud too 😊 good 4 him but its not fair that he wins indian idol yet speaks in his own language.
imagine if you were a british citizen whose first language was tamil and you recently win X factor.
everyone will eagerly await your album and then there turns out 2 be a song which you have no idea what they are going on about and appeals 2 a very very very small part of the country, you would most prolli not wanna buy the album right?

Not all his songs r in Nepali...c'mon!