Love is skin-deep: Deepa Parab Article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Love is skin-deep

Actress Deepa Parab's skin was ruined thanks to excessive make-up used in TV shows. To look fresh and radiant at her January wedding, she rushed to a doctor

Back to Section Stories Posted On Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vickey Lalwani

Deepa Parab

We spotted Deepa Parab (Sneha of Sony's Thodi Khushi Thode Gum) at Preeti Savardekar's (Dermatologist & Cosmetologist) clinic in Worli. On investigating, we found out that after using make-up for years, Deepa is now undergoing skin treatment.

One of our well-placed sources in the industry told us, "Deepa Parab wanted to look fresh and radiant. Deepa is getting married, next month. Perhaps that's the reason."

We contacted Deepa. She was very open about the fact that she was undergoing a certain treatment to tone up her skin. She was equally forthcoming on her marriage. She said, "Yes, I am getting married. The boy is Ankush Chaudhary who directed the recently released Marathi film Sademade Teen. We got engaged on November 23. The wedding is in January. I know Ankush since college days. We went to the same college- Maharishi Dayanand College."

Explaining why she visited Dr Preeti, Deepa explained, "I have been working for nearly ten years now. Thanks to regular make-up I have pigmentation marks on my cheeks. My skin tone has gone for a toss, too."

Dr Preeti confirmed the new saying, "Deepa came to me about 45 days ago. She wanted to improve her skin before her wedding. Due to continuous make-up applications during shooting for her roles in serials, her skin has become dull, dry, dehydrated, and patchy."

As for the treatment, the doctor explains, "Her treatment includes microdermabrasion (skin polishing) and glycolic peels, which given her a glowing skin. This effect is long-lasting and more scientific than the regular facials."

Deepa says, "My make-up artist has also noticed the difference in my skin and says that he needs to use less make-up as my skin tone is extremely even now."

awww. Congrats to her for getting married... a very beutiful pic 😛 .. will miss her the most after TKTG is gone 😭
Oh wow, congrats to Deepa and hope her marriage goes well... hopefully her skin will become better too, thanks for the article! 😊
congrats deepa but at the same thime i feel sad for ur skin but dont u worry it will recover soon
congrats to her! she is realli pretty.
she is soo pretty i dont think she need too much makeup and good luck for her wedding
wow! she was open about it! some actresses wudnt be! thanks for the article! 😃