•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Post all Articles related to Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi here.....!

Zee TV launches 'Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi' & 'Aladdin'
Thursday - Nov 15, 2007
Televisionpoint.com Correspondent | Mumbai
In a bid to further strengthen its weekend prime-time slot, Zee TV has announced the launch of two new shows - 'Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi' and 'Aladdin', which will premiere on November 16 at 9 pm and at 9.30 pm respectively.

Punit Goenka, Network Operating Officer, ZEEL, said, "The launch of the two new shows in the weekend primetime is part of Zee's constant endeavour to innovate and enter fresh domains of entertainment. 'Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi' is an out and out entertaining comedy. The show has the capability to make one laugh and cry at the same time. The emotions of the storyline are so subtle that an instant union is established with the viewer. This also is our step towards strongly establishing our weekend band from Friday-Sunday."

'Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi' has been produced by Hats Off Productions, a family of artistes travel from Punjab to the big, bad city - Mumbai. "The van they travel in, represents life. You could have a flat tyre or any other problem, but you've got to be upbeat and move on," states J D Majethia, one of the producers of the show.

Hats Off 's latest venture into comic drama has a cast of fresh faces, except for Ravi Gossain, Suhasini Mulay and Pradeep Joshi. When asked about non-family-based shows? "We'd like to, but India is still a one-television country. Most households sit down to watch TV together. We can't make a show that's for one particular age-group," Majethia explains.

Majethia says Hats Off is working on a reality show format as well. "It's family based again," he grins, adding that there were some issues with the format so it's on the back burner for now.

'Aladdin' has been produced by Applause Entertainment & Sagar Arts. 'Aladdin' relates a version of the story of Aladdin and the magic lamp from The Book of One Thousand and One Nights. Several characters and plot elements are also based on the 1940 version of The Thief of Bagdad.

'Aladdin' is a very unique concept where for the first time the channel is using computer graphics and special effects in a prime-time show. Fantasy as a genre is relatively unexplored and 'Aladdin', with its magical appeal, novel treatment and exciting special effects, will definitely connect with the audience.

The lead character of 'Aladdin' is played by Mandar, the Vibhishan of Zee TV's Ravan, who says, "It's so much fun to be flying around on a magic carpet with a princess and rubbing a lamp for a genie. I wish it was for real."

Nazia Hassan, who plays princess Jasmine, believes she's quite like her character. "My parents have spoilt me rotten too. But unlike Jasmine, they've never ever locked me up," she says, adding that she had a blast working with Mandar and the evil Zafar played by Ranvijay Razdan.

Punit Goenka says Aladdin is a children's show. "But I'm sure that older people too, tired of saas bahu soaps will turn to our show."

Source Link: http://www.televisionpoint.com/news2007/newsfullstory.php?id =1195120008

Come aboard 'Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi'

Thursday, November 15, 2007
13:42 IST

Life is a journey full of ups and down but it's the never-say-die spirit that drives one along. Keeping this spirit alive literally is the Kapoor family of JD.Majethia's new comic caper 'Chaldi Da Naam Gaddi'. The weekend show goes on air from November 16 at 9.00 pm on Zee TV.

'Chaldi…' is a tale of the Kapoor family, who are gypsies from Bhatinda, Punjab. They've named their caravan ' Balle Balle Bhatinda Wale.' The little known entertainers travel to Mumbai trying to set a mark for themselves in the big bad entertainment world.

Producer JD.Majethia, says, "It's for the first time that I'm producing a Punjabi show. Being a Gujarati, most of my shows are centered around a Gujarati family. This time I was asked to dish out something different. A Gujarati's life is full of colour and festivals. If any community can match them in terms of colour and festivities, it is the Punjabis. This show has comedy, emotions, Punjabis and even Gujaratis! It's a complete package."

Veteran actress Suhasini Mulay, who plays the matriarch of the Kapoor family says, "I'm playing a comic character for the first time. People are accustomed to seeing me in serious roles so this has come as a relief for me. I play Veerawali who is the matriarch of the family. She's one who runs the family's entertainment business."

She adds further, "I sincerely believe some where down the line people will relate to this family. There are about 60-70 million people across India who migrate to various metros in search of their dreams. The Kapoor family is no different thus it will connect to such audiences."

Ravi Gossain who also plays a crucial role says, "Of late, I've limited my experience to playing cameos on television. Unfortunately, people started to think that I'm only good at playing such roles. I hope to break this image through my character in 'Chaldi…"

Source Link: http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/TV/Stories/TVTelC_151 107_0142.htm