9X

Call me Abigail:Kya Dil Main Hai lead

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago

Call me Abigail

Abigail, who stars in Balaji's Kya Dill Mein Hai, refuses to use her step-father Vijay Pande's surname

Back to Section Stories Posted On Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Vickey Lalwani

Abigail

Ekta Kapoor's newest discovery, 15-year-old Abigail of Kya Dill Mein Hai does not use her surname 'Pande' though the whole industry knows her as Vijay Pande's (director of Zee TV's Saat Phere) daughter.  The reason, we hear, is that she is not Pande's biological daughter.

Vijay Pande married Abigail's mother some 10 years ago. Abigail was a toddler of 5 years then. Now, the three of them live together in Oshiwara.

The secret of Abigail's parentage leaked out in the sets when her biological father (name withheld on request) called up her mother (who is a Catholic) when he overheard that Abigail was having a difficult time while shooting for Ekta Kapoor's serial.

The buzz going around was that Ekta did not like Abigail's performance.

Says a source, "Abigail was very upset when she heard that Ekta was unhappy with her work and called up Suraj Rao (creative head) to confirm the news. Rao was quite surprised to hear of this as Ekta had not even seen Abigail's work till then. Abigail was crying inconsolably and Rao had a tough time pacifying her."

When contacted, Vijay Pande confirmed that he was indeed Abigail's step-father. "We are very happy with Abigail. I am proud of her and I'm looking forward to see her on the show," he says.

Abigail also confirmed that Pande is not her biological father.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=200711202007112002380160966a87f59

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bhoomikauttam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Amir with her...hmm she is quite young and lets see if the story has such a graph for the pair to look good together..so far the promo dispponted me..
Sharmiee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
shes looks nicee but iunno if she'll look good wit aamir? theres a promo out already i wanna see itt 😲😲 can plz someone post it up?
sonikudi1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She's only fifteen.....will she suit with Amir?? And no offense but she's not even all that cute... 😆 😳
Chahat17 thumbnail
i wish sanjeeda sheik[amir girlfriend] was opposite him in this show...they look sooo adorable on NB3 😊 😉