Suggestions / Comments

Messages Format...

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago
I see there are some people who always post in a certain font, color, size etc.  So I was wondering if we can have like messages setting in our Settings.  So we can choose a font, size, color, bold/italic etc. and then that format will always appear when we write our messages.

We would have only have to change if we want a different format in a particular post.  But all the regularl posts will be posted with the same format.  It would just save some time.

I know this is a pretty small thing to ask amidst all the huge changes that you are bringing to the forum, Vijay.  And all of us appreciate that!

But if it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see this implemented on IF.

Thanks,

Mahi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thats a real good suggestion, i hope tht happens soon 😳
mellisai thumbnail

pretty good suggestion - but from my point of view, it's not really needed as it only waste few seconds!!😉 but i would like to add my suggestion here, which is kinda related to this topic! the post reply box in the actual thread page is kinda different to the one we get when we quote or start another topic.. but why can't the two be the same - i don't like the one in the last thread page - because if you want the text to be bold, then you have to add [b.] and then [./b] at the end!! (the fullstop should not be there, i know!!😛) please change this post reply box to the one we get when we quote/start a new topic!! 

thanks.
thamizhan

Edited by ~*Thamizhan*~ - 16 years ago
.:Ashi:. thumbnail
^^Yeah i like your idea!

Also, i like the settings idea! it wud def. save a lot of time 😃

and cud u add some more fonts? 😳 😛
~*Juhi*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Great ideas Mahi and Thamizhan! That would really save a lot of time. 😊Edited by ~*Juhi*~ - 16 years ago
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by-~*Thamizhan*~

pretty good suggestion - but from my point of view, it's not really needed as it only waste few seconds!!😉 but i would like to add my suggestion here, which is kinda related to this topic! the post reply box in the actual thread page is kinda different to the one we get when we quote or start another topic.. but why can't the two be the same - i don't like the one in the last thread page - because if you want the text to be bold, then you have to add [b.] and then [./b] at the end!! (the fullstop should not be there, i know!!😛) please change this post reply box to the one we get when we quote/start a new topic!! 

thanks.
thamizhan

You're right that it just takes only a few seconds to do that but add on all those few seconds considering the number of posts some members post and they do add up to significant time that we can use to spend on IF otherwise.  It also would save a lot of frustration.  As I said it's a small thing to ask but I posted anyways.

And I agree about your suggestion too.  Usually what I do is just quote a message, get rid of the quote and post my message.  That works.
Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Hmm, that would be a great idea. IF has many changes like said above, and this one would just make IF a better name for perfection. 😊
mellisai thumbnail
This content was originally posted by--Mystery-

Usually what I do is just quote a message, get rid of the quote and post my message.  That works.

i do the same!😛
vijay thumbnail
The reason for it being this way is to save precious bandwidth from loading the RichText Editor and also the database load.

Many times we do not need to format our posts and the simple posts works great with it which is used as a Quick Reply option.

Unnecessary formatting of the post is not required and most of the stuff can be done through it.

However when some one needs to format their post they can use the Click here to post in WYSIWYG editor. So the option is always there.

BTW if you notice due to this many forums on the internet do not even allow WYSIWYG Editor like ours.

Cheers,
Vijay

mellisai thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-vijay

However when some one needs to format their post they can use the Click here to post in WYSIWYG editor. So the option is always there.

Cheers,
Vijay

thanks. i didn't know there was such a thing - so, again, my suggestion is sorted!!😉 

thamizhan