Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Kiran Bedi is my icon: Sudha Chandran

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Kiran Bedi is my icon: Sudha Chandran

Sudha Chandran, who is playing a cop ACP Ragini Suryavanshi in Kyunki, has been reading a lot of books on Kiran Bedi in an effort to get her act right.

When quizzed about it, Sudha says, "For me Kiran Bedi is a role model. I have seen her interviews on TV and just copied her style of answering and questioning. I have tried to portray the fire which was there in her when she was an ACP."

So is Ragini Suryavanshi a tough talking cop like Kiran. "She is stylish, speaks in a heavy tone but at the same time is very down to earth. I want to thank Ekta and Balaji for granting me this role. For the first time I am wearing a blazer and everything happened so suddenly. I'm really enjoying this and even the dialogues written by Rekkha Modi are very catchy."

So, how long will you be seen in Kyunki?" The creative team has told me that I will be there for 30 episodes i.e.2 months."

To whom would you like to dedicate this role? "Kiran Bedi of course. She is my icon and it's my great pleasure to enact someone like her on screen."

Any hopes of a Jhalak comeback through Wild Card? "I really don't know as I have not been informed. I don't want to comeback as I have been eliminated," she concludes.