Posted: 18 years ago

All the soaps on all the channels (be it Sony ,Zee ,Star Plus , Sahara,etc ; not necessarily in that order)  are meant to brainwash gullible viewers .They corrupt the minds of the people.

They have only one intention ; to increase their TRPs , (explained later)

So , while the viewer desparately waits for something to happen , the channel drags the soaps for years on end , sometimes with stories so silly , but the viewer still continues to watch the soap .The fact is that these serials are dragged for so long , that a story(or rather no-story) , which could be shown within 30 minutes is showed over a period of 30 weeks (if not more ) .

I have one simple question to whover watches these soaps ; What do you get by watching these soaps ?

I know some people if asked will give answers like they entertain us or help us relax , ...,but the fact is they serve no purpose .

It's hard to understand why people follow these soaps .Also ,the only gainer out of these serials are the people associated with it ; producres , directors , actors ,etc ; while the comman man watching this stands to gain nothing .

My intention is to get people to understand the reality & not get addicted to these stuff.

For those people who are not aware of what TRP's mean , here is it:
TRPs stand for Television Rating Points .It is a number which indicates the popularity of any particular show in relative terms .
So , a show 'A' with a TRP of 10 is watched by more people than another show 'B' with a TRP of 5.
It does not mean that show B is not good , as that is a personal choice.It just means more people watch show A than B.
Also , TRP is measured using a device called as people meter.
TRPs enable a show to get more advertisers & also the channel can charge higher if it's TRP is better.
The larger point that I had to make was the channels(incl. producres,actors) do not give a damn about the people who watch their shows . Their only concern is that they should get a high TRP.
Hope you understand my point now & that you will stop watching these soaps after reading this .

hahahah u will never learn will u? do u serously not have a life? u gave this pointless little speech of urs before so why do u need to give it again? And ur calling me a "SARDAR"? your such a loner
the last topic was deleted for a reason and that was because it was turning in to an arguement rather than a debate and ur doing that AGAIN... i advise you to please go MAKE SOME FRIENDS!! Edited by msidhu - 18 years ago
It would be great if we all try to give our opinions without being personal or accusive of others.
I agree with u ndtvideas...That's why quit watching many soaps to which i was addicted...But later on i got frustrated....
One day there will be revolution on small screen..and all such soaps will loose viewership...And there will be more matured programmes on TV...
o.k thats all i have to say !! 😆
i think that the person has the right to decide if he is ogin to wathc the soaps. i mean no1 has the right to criticise them 4 that.
Have we not heard the proverb that "you can take the horse near the water, but you cann ot make it drink it"!
😆 😆 😆 You just crack me up, ndtvsoaps..

Ok, so u wanted to kno what do we get by watching these soaps besides from entertainmeant and relaxment rite? I'll tell u what we get..
Have u ever even tried watching some of these soaps? Some even though not all, actually gives us some moral values, some life pointers, that we can use in our life.. Take JJKN for an example. Jessi's dad and dadi teach her many things about life, but they are not only taching her, but they are teaching us as well. You know, usually when our parents tell us the same thing her parents tell her, we don't believe it. But, to hear it from someone else, makes us believe in it. Maybe, it's our kamjori to not really believe our parents, but we ARE learning something from these soaps..
And, us people, living in USA, or somewhere abroad, personally, it helps us a lot.. We learn a lot of Hindi words from the soaps (even tho I'm not Indian) and from these soaps is how I learned Hindi, which qualifies me to speak 5 different language, and we learn the culture too. We get fed up by heaing English all the time, and by watching these soaps , we finally feel like we're bak in our home, where we belong...
Look, I'm not trying to convince u to watch these soaps, so I hope u too stop convincing to NOT watch these soaps. You are just wasting your time, since noone is gonna chnage their mind about not watching these soaps. If we had that intention, we would have never joine this site..
What do we get by watching these shows? A moment or two to forget about our everyday life stress and problems. We are humans and we all have stresses in life. Sometimes u just wish u lived in a fantasy world where you can't have some of the painful things in life. We sometimes wish we would be in the moon. We sometimes wish we are movie stars. But in reality these can't happen. So we have to find someother way to relieve our stress and forget about our everyday problems.

And this is where movies, tv, entertainment come in. Yes granted, tv serial do not depict reality. Movies do not depict reality. But our life is a reality. Do u really want to see our tv serials and movies becoming reality too just like our lives? Then where would you go to to destress? What would you do after a long day of work and you want to forget about that mean boss? Or you just studied for a hard chem exam and you want to relax for a while?

TV serials give entertainment and a way for us to forget about our relatively hard lives. A person has a right to get their own kind of entertainment. Some people watch news, some people play sports. Just like that some people love to watch tv serials for that sole purpose- to get entertainemnt, and to get away from reality for a while!

Why should something you do for fun serve a purpose? Does watching movies serve a purpose? No- it does not do any greater good to the world other than making the actors and directors rich, but it gives us entertainment. We work for a purpose-to cure people, to make people's lives better. We live for a purpose-for our parents, husband ,children. Life is for a purpose. And in life no matter what kind of an individual you are you need to get away from reality sometimes- and this where the kind of entertainment we pick comes in place and for some people it's TV shows and there is absoultely nothing wrong w/ it.

Watching TV shows for entertainment purposes does not make a person stupid or less intellgible. It helps them live life in a better way! 😊
I did not say watching soaps makes a person stupid or less intellgible . What I meant was , the people who are behind the show(prod,actors,...) have this opinion about their viewers & hence present any foolish story to their viewers . Also , I have seen shoots of many of these soaps , as it happens in my college in Mumbai on a regular basis . And , I can say without any doubt that the attitude of these people , be it the prod , actors ,.. is very bad . They behave as if they are doing something very great . They might be just small screen actors , but their attitude is no less than that of a top Bollywood star !
They are totally different from what they are being projected on-screen.
I know some people would argue that this does not matter ,as long as they do their job , but my point is they are actually hurting the sentiments of their viewers by their attitude.
I bet if anyone sees their behaviour in real life ,he/she will immediately stop watching them in their so called favorite soaps .