Santaan Article Archives

Posted: 16 years ago

Post All Articles Or Their Links
 Related To Santaan In This Thread

NO COMMENTS PLEASE

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago

Star's newest kid on the block: Santaan

STAR PLUS brings the slice of real life show in its prime-time SANTAAN…Read on to catch a glimpse of the new show...

Read TellyBuzz Article Here

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=766727

Edited by pinkykhan - 16 years ago

Diwakar Pundir

Fact File on Diwakar Pundir

Birthday: 11 November.
Hobbie: Reading.Specially Ayn Rand and Western classics.
The Love of his Life: Music. The softer variety. And life.
Hates: Smoking, drinking. Life?s little avoidables, partying, staying out late.
Favourite Actors : Harrison Ford and Mel Gibson
Favourite Actress: Jodie Foster, Kajol and Manisha Koirala.
Favourite one Liner: Destiny is what you make of it!

Ramp walking is not exactly Diwakar Pundir?s idea of a career. So this successful model is now turning to films

Handsome, yet shy, is your first impression of ex Mr. India Diwakar Pundir. Far from clean-shaven, a sexy stubble is the look he?s been sporting recently. You think it?s his style, but no, it?s a necessary requirement for his forthcoming film, something he can?t talk about. "It?s all hush hush," laughs this Rajput who attracts quite a number of admiring glances.

And so we get down to the interview, only to discover he?s not particularly comfortable talking about himself.

So tell us about your background, Diwakar?!
Diwakar: As the son of an army officer, I got to travel and live in various parts of India ? a situation I enjoyed immensely, because I loved the travel and the exciting people I got to meet. The process of going through so many places and meeting so many people taught me a lot, which is required in this profession.

School was in Shimla and college in Delhi. Flying was accomplished in Lucknow, after which I taught it in Jaipur. It was only after flying lost its excitement that I started l Graviera Mr India contest last year, and won. I was the new "Man of The Year"ooking for something else to do. So I applied for the (He says with some amusement).

What was the next step after winning the title?
Diwakar: Immediately after I won the Mr India Contest, I went off to Germany to participate in the Mr. International Contest where I stood third.

After returning from Germany, the natural course would be ramp modelling. But after two or three shows, I decided that this wasn?t for me. It just didn?t click. I don?t like doing ramp modelling.

What about advertisements?
Diwakar: I have done a lot of ads: Allen Solly, Fair and Lovely, Tata Safari, Pepsi, Picnic (the chocolate) and Citizen Watches are just a few of the ads I?ve featured in.

I?ve also done a video for Anuradha Paudwal, a serial called "Kaun", and of course, the famous number by Sonu Nigam, "Ab mujhe raat din". And then, there?s the movie...

So was it luck or destiny in your case?
Diwakar: Both! I have definitely worked hard, and because of that luck has been on my side. I firmly believe that you make your own destiny. There may be several inevitables, but ultimately, it?s you who have to make things happen. Besides, I enjoy my work. It?s more fun than work for me. I guess that too makes a very big difference.

And what about acting? Is that what you always wanted to do?
Diwakar: Let me first tell you that I have not trained formally as an actor. I have taken no training. And no, no cliched phrases like ? ?it comes to me naturally,? either. I firmly believe everyone acts in everyday life ? some more, some less. All you have to do is exaggerate those acting abilities in front of the camera. If you can do that, even you can become an actor. I feel one has to be true with their emotions.

Any plans of storming Hollywood?
Diwakar: The future is open. It could be anything that?s in store for me. Just as long as it is exciting. I would like to go to Hollywood and try my luck there, however.

Edited by simran20 - 16 years ago
Another daily for Daljit

Daljit Kaur of Kulvaddhu fame has bagged a new show on Star Plus. She'll be playing one of the leads in Shakuntalam's Santaan. Beside this, she also has a Star One's Choona Hai Aasmaan.

"I'm playing the role of Suhana, who is very much like me. Santaan is a show which portrays the relation of a parent with its child. It has a strong message for the current generation" says Daljit.

Elaborating further on her character, she says, "This role is very simple and easy for me. I play the youngest child in the family who is very pampered and little spoiled. Gaurav and Sudeep play the role of my elder brothers who are possessive about me. It's a beautiful character that every girl can relate with"

She adds further "It feels great to be a part of Santaan. Through this show, I'm able to create some awareness among the youth and can make them realise the importance of parents in their lives. The generation gap is always there between parents and children and then how does things change is the USP of the story. It's something that occurs in each and every house"

Daljit is also playing a strong character in Choona hai' "This show is basically about air force and I portray a challenging role. I can't reveal much as my entry is going to be surprise package. My character is going to bring some twist in the tale," she quips.

Source: http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k7/oct/20oct/news_daljit.php

Meet the Gen-Ex of Santaan

Link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=1169

Star Plus reflects real life in Santaan

Emphasizing its dominance in the slot of extended prime time, India's leading Hindi general entertainment channel Star Plus is all set to launch its new family drama "Santaan" to be aired from October 22, Monday through Thursday, 7.30 pm.

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=768572

Interview--Diwakar Pundir
Diwakar Pundir on why he's gone grey in Santaan by Riya V Anandwala

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=769314