moondownstars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
hi every1 !!!!!!!
this is my 1st post in this forum

generally in india whn it comes to love marraiges i have personally seen tht parents firstly dont like this ove marraige business but if they allow u their children thn a hindu parent will always mention tht whomsoeve u wanna marry u can but see to it tht ttht boy shd not be a muslim or christian i dont undersstand tht arent those muslims in india not indians or whts the problem wid the hindus staying here.

plz put in ur thghts abt this topic.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yeah! its like that in most cases.
but my mom is a hindu and da a christian. mom's family didn't have any probs thankfully. Edited by misha - 18 years ago
silverfrost thumbnail
Very true..we are all indians but as it was said in some of the forums before..its not about if we are indians its about spending the rest of your life with the guy/gal. Hinduism and Islam has many differences due to which ppl can't usually get along. Don't think different religion marragies are unapproved only in India..but even in America I know lots of ppl who can't even date ppl of other religions. When you are in love you think that nothing can stop you and you can be happy no matter what..but its only when you actully have to live together and adjust to each other's life styles do problems start. Also, it can have a bad impact on the child because lots of atheists have parents that have intermarried and could not put either culture into them. Even if parents get along..trust me children may have lots of confusion and problems due to this.
ME_T thumbnail
i know lots of ppll who have married from different religions.
ManishaRox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think parent's don't agree because then the child will have to compromise his or her religion sometimes even convert it's difficult to ajust into a new religion however. they don't see the fact that if their children feel happy with someone of a different religion then maybe that person can keep their children happier. The point of a relationship is love,trust,care and respect without these a relationship wouldn't last and if their children feel that they love someone of a different religion can only respect them as their life partner, parent's should not force them. Everyone has a right to decide about their life. If you do forcefully get married then the two partner's don't always see the good side of the relationship 70% and sometimes it leads to divorce, I am not saying that the relationships always end but sometimes without understanding each other the relationship's can't last! It's a bit unfair on a child if he can't marry whom he wants.