Nach Baliye 4

Article--shweta keswani about NB3

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
Why did you accept Nach Baliye? The audience has this wrong notion about me.. they think I'm a vamp. On Nach Baliye, they'll see how different the real Swetta Keswani is. What's your take on Rakhi Sawant? She knows how to attract attention. Maybe we should pick up pointers from her. Seriously speaking, Alexx and I are way too dignified to resort to such cheap pub- licity stunts. But isn't the audience influ- enced by them? I'd like to believe that the audience votes on the basis of our performances. But if that's not the case, it's quite sad. What puts you off about Nach Baliye? Contestants who try to win sympathy by screaming that they are not well or have suffered some injury. We too have faced similar problems, but have you ever seen us talking about them? What's the feedback to your jodi? Very positive. Our cell phones are full of congratu- latory messages. There are also online communities that are all praise for us. Won't Alexx's nationality harm your chances of winning? No, India is a very hos- pitable country . The public has seen how much effort he's putting into learning the jhatka matkas. If Sonia Gandhi can be accepted, then why not my baliye? Amongst the three judges, whom do you fear the most? Vaibhavi Merchant, because she can pinpoint the tiniest mistake in any performance. Do you have differences of opinion during rehearsals? Of course, but we never lose our cool. We (Alexx, the cho- reographer and I) prefer sit- ting down and talking things out. If things don't work out, Alexx goes off for a walk by himself. Are you happy with Nach Baliye's format? Yeah, but it would be really nice if they added some flamingo and salsa numbers too. Nach Baliye or Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa? Nach... beats Jhalak... any day. The chemistry that a real couple exudes can't be matched by two strangers. You aren't doing too much work on television these days.. That's because the content sucks. I've done my bit of saas-bahu serials, so no more of that for me. You've disappeared from Ba Bahoo aur Baby as well.. why? The production house wanted more time than I could give. So, what kind of shows would you like to do? I'd love to do an Ally McBeal or Sex and the City. Gharelu bahus have controlled TV for too long. It's time things changed. What's your ultimate dream? To be a movie star. One of my films is up for release early next year.. let's see.

www.bodhtree.com

source--http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Default.aspx?selpg= 1145

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prettyasjen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Shweta is honest and straight forward... i wish her all the best!

Thanks for the article
pollydolly thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
shweta is a cool person! 😃
yipee thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
she is cool and honest..thanks for sharing 👏
gem5000 thumbnail
thanks for the article
she is right about this publicity stunts the other try pulling, as for her other tv work, i agree, there should be a big change in the type of dramas being aired.

The saas-bahu concept is being streched abit too much for my liking now...
svesum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Her Candid comments are good, esp abt Publicity stunts and Saas Bahu Sagas...Thanks for sharing