SINGER VS SINGER/PERFORMER

hirni thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I dont know how many people will agree that now a days stage performance is very important in singer's career. small defect in voice is now been conquered by high tech music intruments..so singer with little with technical difficulties are doing very well as playback singers.( this is not the era of nurzahna,lata,sahgal...) but the singer with stage presence/glamour are doing very very well..due to globolisation concerts( for which stage is presence is imp but can be over come by using extras) are happening all over the world( indian population is now everywhere in the world) and these singer are making lot of money out of these tour...sonu nigam,abhijeet, raghav,daler mehnadi,sukhvinder ,himesh reshmiya are the good examples where as shows of udit narayan,kumar sanu  others are that sucessful..so that point of view i think raja is going to steal the show with is stage presence..i would also like to add the example of sa re ga ma pa mega mega final winner bela tripathi( judged by music Guru's not directors) is no where but girl like sunidhi chauhan, sanjivani,shreya ghoshal are dong much better then her
there cds are in markets where bela cds came and went unnoticed...
Edited by hirni - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

emancipation thumbnail
ofcourse They Must Perform Along with Siging But SGMP Means Lookin For a Singer Who Can Perform too.Not a Performer Who Can Sing aswell. 😊 Edited by emancipation - 16 years ago
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
SRGMP always maintained and tried to follow too to get just a singer. The show was meant to get a playback singer. But with changing times performance got added to it.

The singers you have mentioned about as successful I partly agree to not all. Udit still falls under successful ones even though his shows are not so hit ones. It is actually the song you sing in the movies and how popular it gets which matters. As soon as that becomes a hit you are now connected to the masses. Now when you go for the concerts automatically you get the high public response.

Yes Raja has that stage presence. He is the perfect example of becomming a rock star. But before that he needs to get few hit songs. With Bela and others as you have compared this is what happened. Bela never had any hits so went into oblivion. Shreya, Kunal or Sunidhi had those so instantly became famous.

Raja's biggest advantage is his mentors. He needs to launch himself under their brand name. I am sure then he will have a long way to go.

logitech thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Well the professional judges have ears like that of a bat using sonic waves. They can hear even footsteps on the moon, so no mistake can escape them. So the performance too must be reasonably good.
hirni thumbnail
raja proved it again by showing so much enery in song rang de basanti
-shehzaadi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i don't think performance matters at all to become a singer. if a singer can't perform, he or she can still be successful. when singing in movies, you're not seen, and even for music videos of album songs you can hire models/actors to be in the video and maybe just stand there and sing if you want to.

playback singing is way bigger than doing stage concerts, and i don't even think that dancing is necessary on stage either. professional singers do concerts for music lovers who would like to hear their favourite voices live in front of them in their presence. i very much enjoy kumar sanu concerts as much as sonu nigam ones. i guess if you're not a true music lover then you need the people to move around for you, but i personally attend concerts to give a treat to my ears, not my eyes.
cool_girl123 thumbnail
Sa re ga ma pa.

Those seem like musical notes to me..

not performance notes.

Hmm..... 🤔
-shehzaadi- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
oh and by the way...kumar sanu and udit narayan are extremely successful singers. just check their records of filmfare awards. i pretty much agree with thakur saab here, singers who get hits are successful. udit ji and kumar sanu don't only have hits to their name, they have sung classics.Edited by shehzaadi91 - 16 years ago
neily thumbnail
good singing is very important.

any one can be a good performar but anyone can not be a good singer Edited by neily - 16 years ago