Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
I Always Believed India Would Win the T20 World Cup: SRK

Expressing elation over India's historic win in the first Twenty20 World Cup Cricket Championship in South Africa, Bollywood's 'King Khan' Shahrukh tonight said he always had a strong belief that the team would emerge triumphant.

''I and my son strongly believed all through the final between India and Pakistan that we would win. At no time did we feel that India would lose. Fortunately for us, our young cricketing heroes proved us right,''Shahrukh said in his reaction over India lifting the T20 championship.

Speaking to a television channel, Shahrukh, who was in Johannesburg along with his son to watch the exciting final encounter between India and Pakistan, said it was his strong belief in the ability of the Indian youngsters that led him to suddenly decide early this morning to go to South Africa to lend support to the team.

''I was very young when the Indian team won the Cricket World Cup in 1983. But now I wanted my son to watch closely our young cricketing heroes battle in the field. Fortunately for us we were not disappointed,''Shahrukh said.

Referring to his recent film 'Chak De India' featuring him as a coach of the women's hockey team that trains them to emerge victorious in the World Cup, Shahrukh said,'' it is from people like Kapil Dev and Madan Lal (members of the 1983 world cup winning team) and Mohinder Singh Dhoni (Captain of the T20 world cup winning Indian team) that we draw inspirations for films like 'Chak De India' and not the other way round. In fact, it is these sportsmen who are the real heroes of our country. As actors, we only try to draw inspiration from them in our acting.'' Expressing his thanks to people like BCCI president Sharad Pawar, Industrialist Vijay malya and Congressman Rajiv Shukla for arranging his visit to South Africa at such a short notice, Shahrukh said,''I am extremely happy to be present at such a historic moment in India's cricketing history.'' ''I am also happy that this win by the Indian cricket team as well as the brilliant show by the Pakistani cricket team has given the much needed phillip to sports in the subcontinent and brought cricket back into the centrestage after the unfortunate loss at the 2007 cricket World Cup,''Shahrukh said.

Refusing to compare the World Cup win in 1983 and the T20 win, Shahrukh said,''I would not like to make any comparisons. A win is a win. In that sense, the present win is as much cherished as the 83 win.'' Bollywood actor Suneil Shetty also expressed elation at the Indian team's win.

''When Misbah-ul Haq hit that last shot, I had my heart in my mouth. I thought we had lost it. Its only when they showed Srishant catching the ball that I realized India had won,''Suneil Shetty told a TV channel.

Suneil said it was a really exciting tournament that they had witnessed in South Africa this last forthnight.

''I believe that T 20 cricket is here to stay and will give strong competition to one day cricket,'' he said.

Meanwhile, Delhi Pradesh BJP chief Harshvardhan also congratulated the Indian cricket team on its historic win.

''I am happy that we are World champions. We feel on top of the world on the cricket team's triumph,''Dr Harshvardhan said in his congratulatory message.

srklicious thumbnail
King Khan Revs Up the Atmosphere
grin

The noise was deafening in a packed stadium and even though the Indians outnumbered the Pakistanis by some distance, the shouting match was almost even. The battle cry was similar: every Jeetega bhai Jeetega, India Jeetega (roughly translated to "Brother, India will win) was followed by Jeetega bhai Jeetega, Pakistan Jeetega.

But the man who almost stole the applause from the cricketers was Shah Rukh Khan, the Indian film superstar equally adored in Pakistan. Shah Rukh, a self-confessed cricket fan, recently starred as a hockey coach in the hit film Chak De India. He was last seen on a cricket ground in England during the Indian tour, and was now seen standing next to Lalit Modi, the BCCI vice-president, deliriously cheering every Pakistani wicket. When his face was flashed on the giant screen, the crowd went even more delirious.

Sambit Bal is the editor of Cricinfo and Cricinfo Magazine

srklicious thumbnail
Shah Rukh's Chak De India inspired Dhoni and guys
Posted by Radiosargam

Former Pakistan captain, Rashid Latif believes India's victory in the Twenty20 World Cup final against Pakistan is solely due to the inspirational film, 'Chak De India'.

Latif said it was no coincidence that Shahrukh Khan, the lead of the hit film based loosely on the exploits of the Indian womens hockey team, was present at the Wanderers to cheer the Indian team.

"This film I think had an inspirational effect on Indian sports. Their hockey team won the Asia Cup and now they have won the Twenty20 World Cup without their star players," Latif said.

He said Shah Rukh's presence at the stadium must have also lifted the Indian players to fight out of their skins to defend a small total.

In 'Chak De India', Shah Rukh played a hockey coach who turns a group of losers into a World Cup winning team.

"Such sport-oriented films inspire sportsmen to perform to an optimum level," Latif added.

Latif, who is now Director sports of the Karachi Port Qasim Authority, said he had used the film to give a pep talk to his hockey team which, despite being without any star player, went onto win a major domestic title recently.

"I know such films work to inspire players."

Latif also had lot of praise for batsman, Misbah-ul-Haq insisting he deserved to win the Man of the Series award instead of Shahid Afridi.

"He played outstanding cricket throughout the World Cup. He just made one error of judgement today that was to try to play the paddle shot against Joginder Sharma who does not have much pace. You try the paddle shot against bowlers who have some pace. But still he fought hard and deserves lot of credit."

Latif rued Younis Khan, Shoaib Malik and Shahid Afridi could not anchor the innings and said that was the turning point in the match.

"If one of them had stayed long enough, Pakistan would have won. The Indian total was not enough for the Wanderers pitch. But like I said, the Indians had got their inspiration from somewhere else."

Former Pakistan captain, Javed Miandad said the result was fair as India was the better team.

"It is never easy to accept a defeat to India and that too in a final. But I think the Indians played more sensibly and R P Singh and Irfan Pathan bowled brilliantly today on a good batting track. They mixed up their deliveries very well."

Miandad also advised the Pakistanis to not read too much into the Twenty20 World Cup performances and start planning differently for the Test series against South Africa and India.

"Twenty20 cricket is entertainment and a festival. It would be a mistake to take it seriously. The final is over and what is done is done. We just have to move on and get our act right now." he said.

srklicious thumbnail
Shah Rukh and Aryan watch as India become World Champions
Posted by Tony

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan watched on as Team India sensationally won the inaugural T20 Cricket World Championship.

The actor was present at the Johannesburg ground in South Africa, with his young son Aryan, watching M S Dhoni and his boys defeat arch enemy Pakistan. Wearing an Om Shanti Om t-shirt and black sunglasses, Shah Rukh Khan set the packed stadium alight, when his face was shown to the crowd on the big screen.

India only made 157 runs, but this was enough as the Pakistani batsmen crumbled chasing a score that they were expected to get. Star batsmen Yuvraj Singh and Shahid Afridi both failed to make any substantial scores. Fast bowler Irfan Pathan was India's star player, as his three wickets dented Pakistan's task. A late fight back from Pakistani batsman Misbah-ul-Haq was all in vain as India won by 5 runs with 3 balls to spare.

srklicious thumbnail
Gauri Khan is doing a walk-in role in 'Om Shanti Om'

Gauri Khan wife of Shah Rukh Khan is known as a style diva. Men are reported to find her hot. Even SRK admits, "Style is inherent. And Gauri has that." She is doing a walk-in role in Farah Khan's 'Om Shanti Om'. Farah had tried to convince her make a guest appearance in 'Main Hoon Naa', but refused. This time might be SRK convinced her, "She has no patience, that's why we don't try to get her in front of the camera. However, for this shot, she just had to step out of car and walk the red carpet waving to the crowd like a star. She is very natural before the camera and is poised and stylish even otherwise. Next time, I'll try and get her to do an entire song," reveals Farah.

[
www.bollywoodpremiere.com]
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Mariam!! For all the awesome articles!!! 😛 😳 😳

I even had a srk dream last night...it was cute! lol.....it was karva chauth! 😛
srklicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: indiandoll89

Thanks Mariam!! For all the awesome articles!!! 😛 😳 😳

I even had a srk dream last night...it was cute! lol.....it was karva chauth! 😛

hooooo my god soo shahrukh was ur hasband and u kept fast for him in ur dreams rite 😳 .
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
thnx for all the articles mariam 😛 😛
srklicious thumbnail
ur welcome fary. btw i just love ur sagar and vidya's siggy its very nice. 😳
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: love srk

hooooo my god soo shahrukh was ur hasband and u kept fast for him in ur dreams rite 😳 .

Basically....it was very sweet....kinda like in DDLJ!😳