would you convert into a christian/muslim

Posted: 18 years ago
Hey guys do you agree or would you convert into a christian/muslim. For example do you agree/disagree with the actress ashaka (Kumud in Kkusum) coverting to islam. Would you do it? The reason I have not included hinduism is that there is no conversion into hinduism (as far as I know). One can only be born as a Hindu as per the holy scriptures😊.   
it is a very touchy topic. im not sure about any1 else. but this is what i think. if i was given a choice to convert, i will not. i am proud to be who i am. and if god wanted me to be muslim, or hindu, then he would have made me. but it was his decsion to make a sikh and be born into a sikh family. so i would like to stick to that decision. If im in love with a guy who is not sikh and wants me to convert into his religion then my answer would be no. these are just my thoughts. and what i believe in. sorry if i said somthing wrong
I wouldn't like to convert from Hinduism to anything else . Staying in the U.S i have met some religous fanatics who tried to show my how Christainity will save me and help me . It just drives me crazy . I am not a religous hindu , but i certainly like being one with all my zillion hindu gods and goddesses !!   πŸ˜†
i think it was her choice. i am a muslim my self.

if tht actress, decided to convert to islam. then it's up to her, and u gott accept that.

it's up to the person.
Personally I would not convert. I can adapt to a family's ways but why change who I am ... unless I very strongly believe in another religion over my own.

It is a big step that she is taking and I am sure has considered both sides of the coin. Good luck to her in adapting.

**PD**
I agree with simi on this one. If god wanted you to be a certain religion, he would have made you that religion. I'm happy being a hindu, I wouldn't want to convert.

If I like a guy that's a different religion and he wants be to convert, I wouldn't do it. It's my choice and not his. We have a right to choose our own religion, just because we marry someone who's a different religion, doesn't mean that I have to convert.

But there are some people who are born in one religion and convert to another. That is totally their choice and I think that we should respect their decision.
I totally agree with Simi πŸ˜ƒ I would never convert myself into any other religion cause I luv being a Sikh and that's exactly wht god wanted me to be 😊 I would never leave my religion even if somebody payed me million dollars 😊
I wouldn't convert because there are definintley disadvantages you can't settle into another religion it's hard to ajust. I wouldn't convert because I am extremely happy with my relgion and am happy to be who I am. I don't need to convert to another religion when god has given me one. Everyone has their own perspective about their religion and they have the right to decide what religion they want to be!
Err well first some realities!!!

There have been conversions, where a person from another religion has converted to hinduism for fear of thier life, same goes for hindu's converting to other religion. so again, conversion to hinduism is possible and happens, but its not on a large scale basis like hindu's to muslim or christians (yet!).

All said and done, i dont belive anyone should convert to any religion as long as he belives that he can reach god with his own religion, if he belives and is satisfied with his own religion then he needs not convert. What is religion?? its a path to reach to god, there is no short cut to reach to god if you change or convert to any religion, it is your decision and yours choice of which path you want to take.

Jammy.
All depends on idividuals. How much they know about their own religion and what their beliefs too. For me I love for whom I am and want to learn more about my own religion and guide my childrens too πŸ˜›