Will cop Prashant Tamang be the next Indi

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Friday September 14, 02:00 AM

Kolkata: Mass  hysteria is sweeping the hills of Darjeeling, not on account of any violent separatist demand, but with the passion to see the son of their soil become India's idol.

Prashant Tamang, a constable with the Kolkata Police, has already ignited fire in the hearts of millions of hill residents with his voice and they are now desperate to see him win the reality TV show, Indian Idol.

And not just in the hills, Tamang-frenzy is sweeping across the 27,000 Kolkata Police personnel in the plains as well.

"We are very happy, we are very excited. And now we are waiting with baited breath for him to become the Indian Idol," says Joint Commissioner of Police, Kolkata, Zulfiquar Hasan.

Tamang is pitted against Amit Paul of Shillong in the final round of the show and is only a step away from becoming India's next singing sensation.

Supporters of their favourite crooner are ready to go to any extent to see their hero win - from announcements for votes in public gatherings to booking PCOs for the job.

The mania has acquired such heights, that even Chief Minister of Sikkim has come out publicly in support of Tamang.

With the finals scheduled for September 23 it remains to be seen if this man in uniform becomes Bollywood's next singing sensation.

Edited by murwareed - 16 years ago
we'll just have to wait and watch

but as I said

may the best man win 👍🏼 👍🏼 👍🏼
i pray n hope for prashant's success in the finals .
i want him to b the next indian idol!!
watch this video.

in.news.yahoo.com/070913/211/6kqdm.html