Celebrity Fan Clubs

PLEASE CLOSE! - Page 4

srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Om Shanti Om vs Saawariya
Battle Royal Commences In Indias Capital.

It is almost certain now ( barring a miracle) that Shah Rukh Khan's 'Om Shanti Om' and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Saawariya' will come together on 'Diwali'.

And the confidence-of the dual 'Diwali' releases comes from the fact that the cinema bookings for both the big-budgeted extravaganzas have begun in Delhi in right earnest.

There is not much clamour for the multiplexes of the capital city of India because all the multiplexes have multiple screens and are equipped to release both the films on the festive occasion. But the scramble is for single screen cinemas because there are hardly any areas in Delhi with more than one single-screen cinema.

With Shah Rukh Khan not having conceded Bhansali's request to postpone his 'Om Shanti Om' it will now be a clash of two big-budget movies on Diwali. 'Om Shanti Om' has reportedly cost Rs.35 crores to make. The budget of 'Saawariya' is also said to be in the region of Rs. 40-crores.

Abid-PlanetBollywood

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
wow am so excited about raju hirani's movie
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
'Farah shouldn't get personal'

Sanjay Leela Bhansali is upset with the Om Shanti Om director for making 'barbed comments'

Subhash K Jha
[email protected]

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Saawariya is coming to a theatre near you on the same day as Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om, causing what many distributors see as a bottleneck at the box office.

When asked about the supposed competition, Sanjay says, "I'm here to make a film and believe filmmaking to be an art form. Cinema is not a battlefield. All of us work very hard on our films, and my film is as dear to me as other people's films are to them."

Repeat offenders

Pausing for breath, Sanjay says, "Let me say at the outset that we announced our decision to release Saawariya on November 9 a year ago, so we aren't intruding on anyone else's release date. I'm sure Om Shanti Om is a terrific film. In fact, Shah Rukh Khan is the biggest star in the country and we are very small compared to him. I wish his film all the best."

On another note, Sanjay is extremely upset over what he thinks are personal comments made by Farah Khan on chat shows and media interviews. In fact, he's of the opinion that 'acerbic' items like 'Lily, don't be silly' (in yesterday's HiTLIST) shouldn't be published.

He says, "I'm proud to have my mother's name (Leela) as part of mine. No civilised person would want his or her parent ridiculed. Even if 'reliable sources' decide to make fun of my mother to get mileage, they'll still have her blessings. My mom has shown immense love for Farah (Khan) and her family, although over the years they've repeatedly made barbed comments about her in public."

Getting personal

Referring to a particular episode of Koffee With Karan, Bhansali says, "Farah said that if I were to make Om Shanti Om, it would be called Ma Shanti Ma. Why bring my mother into this, especially since she has so much affection for Farah? No matter what the provocation, I'd never speak like this about anyone's parents. If Farah is feeling competitive towards my film, she should restrict her comments to my work and not get personal. We go back a long way, so we shouldn't allow one film to sour relations."

Clearly upset, Sanjay says that Shah Rukh and he have come to a moral decision to keep this dignified and not to speak about each other's film in print. "I intend to stick to that decision even if other people on his behalf are eagerly breaking that moral code. 'Sources' close to the film are making catty comments about me and even my mother to get attention," he says.

Taking a deep breath, he adds, "I'm not going to be provoked into talking about another person's film or its cast. My mother and I wish Shah Rukh and his film all the best from the bottom of our hearts."

http://epapers2.mid-day.com/midday/scripts/epaper/epapermain .aspx?queryed=9&eddate=9/6/2007
preetysadia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey everyone congratres for SRK fanclub

anyways Marium dii

atleast you shouldhave given us a warning before posting these picssssssssssssss 😆

I am just *fainting*

anyways I am just dying to watch OSO 😳
preetysadia thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: fizzwizz

wow am so excited about raju hirani's movie

Me 2 Farry lets see what he does this time 😳

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
This content was originally posted by: luv_srk_rani

anyways Marium dii

atleast you shouldhave given us a warning before posting these picssssssssssssss 😆

I am just *fainting*

am dying to watch oso too
GIU*SRK* thumbnail
Oh my god!! srk look so hot!! very sexy! thanks girls!
srklicious thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: luv_srk_rani

anyways Marium dii

I am just *fainting*

heyy sia sorry forgot about giving ur guys warning . 😳
srklicious thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Hindi Girl

Hii can i join this club😊?

ofcourse ur can 😉 ur welcome to this lovely fc of king khan 😳
srklicious thumbnail