Debate Mansion

Who takes care of old parents?

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Parents are at the age where they cann't take care of themselves, time to step up for kids.

Remember : Drinking water in girls house after marraige was considered as a sin, but things have changed.

Things have have changed,really? so does it matter if parents who seem help in old stay with daughter or son?

Does matter, cool? how about you wife's folks stay with yaa or your mom stays at ur sister's. all cool??

Question raised by Sourav1 - "I would like to bring in a much needed perspective by posing this question, "Would you expect your children to take care of you when you are old?""

Edited by raj5000 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think people dont have time to care their parents....thats why Oldage homes are increasing....i think our parents need our support,care and love at their oldage....but we cant blame a particuler person or incidents..all are strugling to live...or running in busy life but love them give attention,love n care thats very importent ,its can happen everyone cos first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half (we expect) by our children.

No matter how old a mother n father is, i love them..and Age does not protect you from love...

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese-Bille bruke
😊
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Yes Childrens are the one to take up responsibility..no matter what..

Living with Son is not at all a problem... Son should be proud..coz what he is now is becoz of his parents...
he should not forget how much they have done to you.
No matter what your family is rich or poor. coz moslty they feel what they did we were millionare and we were smart enough to reach this position..but dont forget every mother either rich or poor has to go through 9 months(approx.)to give you birth..

so for that son can never repay even he/she takes care for 100 years also..
sourav1 thumbnail
I personally feel that, as far as possible, no adult should be financially dependent on another. It a practical solution to cover all contingencies πŸ˜† and minimize hurt feelings. However, I realize, it is not possible always, and a compromise is due from both parties. Sometimes the compromise might mean one party doing more than the other - like terminally ill parents, or for that matter, children. Whereas it would be rather difficult for a parent to forsake one's children, the kids sometimes are not quite attached to give adequate attention. Bad, but in today's hectic and demanding life, I am hesitant to put the blame squarely on this party unless it is a flagrant display of apathy. One more thing - it sure helps to have siblings!!!
Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hmmmm, another post strictly for 'MEN ONLY'...πŸ˜›

RakshaπŸ˜‰
-Believe- thumbnail

Originally posted by: raksha.l

Hmmmm, another post strictly for 'MEN ONLY'...πŸ˜›

RakshaπŸ˜‰

Ya ya.....Women dont have these things naaπŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

Aanandaa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

Ya ya.....Women dont have these things naaπŸ˜‰πŸ˜›

Well, I can't talk for everybody, but I DO have parents and how much ever they may hate it, they tend to get old too...... πŸ˜›
blah231 thumbnail
this post reminds me of Bahgban..
anyways i dont think theres anything wrong with a daugther helping here parents in there old age.infact i always tell my parents that later in life they have to live with me no matter how much they want to say with my brothers, i dont get the principle of a girl becoming parai after marriage, i would never leave my parents alone in there old age no matter how un girly or un cultured it is of me. we are today wat we are becouse of our parents, you know how they say " they helped us in our first steps we have to help them in there last steps"
there is no greater honor in the world then to serve you parents and your family
rockstallion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

I think people dont have time to care their parents....thats why Oldage homes are increasing....i think our parents need our support,care and love at their oldage....but we cant blame a particuler person or incidents..all are strugling to live...or running in busy life but love them give attention,love n care thats very importent ,its can happen everyone cos first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half (we expect) by our children.

No matter how old a mother n father is, i love them..and Age does not protect you from love...  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese-Bille bruke
😊

I cant believe,  believe wrote that  πŸ˜‰  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ oh sorry  😊, coming to point....

agree to everything what you wrote, but did not get the statement "half our life is ruined by our parents" πŸ˜•

btw πŸ‘ πŸ‘ appreciate the highlightened thought

Edited by rockstallion - 16 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Originally posted by: rockstallion

I cant believe,  believe wrote that  πŸ˜‰  πŸ‘ πŸ‘ oh sorry  😊, coming to point....

agree to everything what you wrote, but did not get the statement "half our life is ruined by our parents" πŸ˜•

btw πŸ‘ πŸ‘ appreciate the highlightened thought

If posible visit Oldage homes.......then we feel the differce.....lots of loveable people there.... they live n strugle for their kids........when kids grow up they dont have time to look n care them...............its a type of crualtyπŸ˜•