• Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
Anmol Malik comes into her own
   By: Subhash K Jha
   August 14, 2007

Will debut as a playback singer in Satish Kaushik's Tere Sang

Papa's pride and joy: Anmol Malik
Annu Malik's daughter Anmol, who sang for her father in J P Dutta's Umrao Jaan, is all set to  make her debut as a playback singer.

The youngster has sung all the songs for debutante actress Sheena in Satish Kaushik's Tere Sang. Says Satish, "For  the first time since Bobby, when Lata Mangeshkar sang all the songs for Dimple Kapadia, another playback singer is singing all the songs for a debutante.

I needed a fresh voice and Anmol and Sheena are almost the same age. Her voice complements Sheena."

Adds proud papa Annu Malik, "Initially, Anmol sang only one song but when Satish heard it he was bowled over. I'm so proud of my daugher, especially when people say there is no arrogance in her voice. She has learnt singing from me and I hope she does well for herself."

thannx 4 sharing...aww anmol is such a preety name! 😳
How can she be a debut if she sung in Umrao Jaan? ANyway...good luck to her because if she has sung in Umrao Jaan....she's amazing! Wow she learnt from Anu ji himself!
glad 2 find out tht she is not arrogant like her dad
anu malik trained her?? nice...hes a good music director (sum expections lol)....hope she sounds nice...i didnt hear her song from umrao jaan...

all the best to anmol! 👏
thnxx

wow cant believe she sang in umrao jaan...n she learnt from her dad! wow... 😳 😳
Originally posted by Rajat_sh

Nice to have Papa in the buziness, so you get to start at the top.

👏 👏 well said