I-F Telly Buzz & Other Articles on SKBF

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago
All articles related to the serial to be posted in this thread.

No Comments Please.

IF Development Team.
The press meet of SAB Ka Bheja Fry2
The press meet of SAB Ka Bheja Fry
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 2:16:47 PM

SAB Ka Bheja Fry - Entertainment at its Best!8
Catch a Glimpse of the New Sitcom on Sab TV - SAB Ka Bheja Fry!!
Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:26:02 PM
SAB Ka Bheja Fry!

SAB TV is coming up with a new comedy show.

SAB brings innovation in the way comedy is presented on television with SAB Ka Bheja Fry . The 22-minute programme will have three sitcoms of four minutes each from Mon to Thu at 10 pm.

These will be punctuated by hilarious gags from one of several fresh characters. The sitcoms are SAB Ka Boss (the story of an office loser), Oudhvasta (the third epic of India which was never told), and Ustad Janab (the story of two self-obsessed, poker-faced and dim-witted policemen).

The gags will be presented by amusing characters like Rakhi Sawant — the world's biggest loser when it comes to making girlfriends; Muft ka Chandan — the biggest miser; Feroze Faltu — a don in his dreams; Tension Tambi — who always has a reason to worry for no reason at all; and, Laila Majnu — a gorgeous babe with no takers.

As per findings of a research conducted by SAB which covers Pan India, 60 per cent of television audience is below the age of 35; also, today's youth has a very short attention span and hence the novel concept of packaged entertainment.

Says comedian and filmmaker Satish Kaushik, "I have seen the hoardings of Tension Tambi , I found him to be a very fresh, funny and yet relatable character. I am happy that this show will offer characters like these. It is definitely something fresh and different."

In total agreement is the much-acclaimed writer and director Raj Kumar Hirani who adds. I have seen the promos, there seem to be some interesting and fresh characters. The show looks different from the regular mimicry shows."

According to Anooj Kapoor, Business Head, SAB, the inclusion of SAB Ka Bheja Fry completes the bouquet of fresh programming that they want to cater to the youth.

"If you stand near a bunch of youngsters, you will realise that the predominant flavour of their conversation is laughter. So, along with shows like Left Right Left, 4 and Anurag Basu's Love Story, which show a different gamut of emotions like love, friendship and patriotism, we decided to include comedy," he says. "Another deviation from other comedy shows on other channels is that we are not resorting to any mimicry, spoof or cheap toilet humour. Strong comedy is created by strong comedy characters and characters that the audience can relate to and keep wanting to come back to," adds Anooj.

Next on the anvil is SAB website, which will be an online youth hangout, designed keeping the aspirations, sentiments and needs of Indian youth in mind. Rajeev Khandelwal, who's acting in Left Right Left , says of SAB's programming, "SAB has been a leader in every aspect. They have not only reached out to the youth, an untapped and ignored category, but are doing it in a manner that connects with them through its innovative programming."

Bhool Bhulaiyya! :

Priya Ahuja of SAB Ka Bheja Fry fame wants to change one thing about herself i.e. her absent mindedness. And it's high time that she changed for good. Priya says, "I'm a bhoolakkad (absent minded). You wouldn't believe it, but I've lost nearly 14 mobile phones in this year alone. Last Thursday, I bought a Nokia N 95 phone and lost it two days later."

She adds further "I lose it at the sets, in autos, and taxis. At one moment, I'll be having something in my hand and then keep it somewhere but often I forget to take it back. I'm trying real hard to get rid of this absent mindedness but every now and then I keep repeating the same."

Let's hope that Priya doesn't forget her dialogues the way she loses her cell phones.

Edited by Lubnavaishali - 16 years ago