Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

srklicious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: *kuch na kaho*

heyy congrats everyone! part 17! thats fab! thanx alot mariam sis for the awesoem articles! and pics 😳

ur welcome nabu sis 😳
srklicious thumbnail
woow defiently chak de phatte
shahrukh and juhi chawla in duplicate
Fashion_2005 thumbnail

Originally posted by: love srk

hoo yaa sabi di same here i was infront of my tv from 1 hour 😆 and that stupit tony billier came i was very angry 😡 i really wanted to watch it

😆same here marrium. i was like who wants to see boring blair😕

srklicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fashion_2005

😆same here marrium. i was like who wants to see boring blair😕

yeaa i agree with u sabi di 😆 Edited by love srk - 16 years ago
srklicious thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan follows Salman Khan in price hike

After Partner was declared the biggest hit of 2007 – grossing Rs 41 crores in the first two weeks - Salman Khan, hiked his price from Rs 5.5 crores to a whopping Rs 12 crores. This has incited Shah Rukh Khan to increase his market price to Rs 15 crores.

Aamir is the only other Bollywood actor charging Rs 15 crores and this includes a part of the distribution rights, either domestic or abroad.

A
Bollywood insider tells us, "The King Khan has been charging Rs. 7 crores per film in the recent times. He has not signed a new film yet for outside producers for some time. He has currently on hand, his home production, Om Shanti Om, Ravi Chopra-produced Bhootnath, and his yet untitled home production, a fantasy adventure film to be directed Shirish Kunder ( Jaan-E-Mann). It is confirmed that he will be a part of Don's sequel which he shall be signing soon. It is a known fact that SRK prefers working within his own circle, the Chopras and Karan Johar and he doesn't charge them his market price. But South whiz kid Shankar's (Sivaji) sci-fi film offer has excited him and he has quoted his newly hiked price, Rs 15 crores. That is going to be his market price for outside producers henceforth."

Adds the insider, "Profits of a hit Bollywood film have started reaching unimaginable proportions if one looks back at last few hits. Films like Krrish, Dhoom 2 or even a Namastey London have crossed the Rs.100 crores mark. The budgets are getting bigger with the entry of corporate production houses. Plus, if Rajnikant down south can demand Rs.16 crores for Sivaji and get it then why should our reigning Bollywood superstar stay behind."

A Bollywood trade analyst has offered us the latest break up of top stars' prices.

Super A + (Rs. 12-15 crores)

Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan

Super A (Rs. 5 crores)

Akshay Kumar, Hrithik Roshan

A (Rs. 2 crores)

Saif Ali Khan, Sunny Deol, Abhishek Bachchan, Ajay Devgan

B + (Rs 1.5 crores)

Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor,
John Abraham, Akshaye Khanna, Vivek Oberoi.

B (Rs 1 crore)

Emraan Hashmi, Bobby Deol, Fardeen Khan.

srklicious thumbnail

Sushmita-SRK:Dulha Mil Gaya

Sushmita Sen says she is very unlike the diva she portrays on screen - she is still a child deep inside trying hard to pretend she is grown up while adopted daughter Renee is more matured, and this helps them strike a beautiful chord.

"I'm essentially quite a child pretending to be a grown up in front of the world. I think she (Renee) is a lot older than me. She understands things beautifully," she said on the sidelines of a news conference hosted by Procter & Gamble in New Delhi Saturday.

"You should meet me in my house and see how I behave and then you will ask yourselves, is this the person we refer to as the diva, the actress? We (she and Renee) are different from each other and it is this that helps us strike a great balance."

The former Miss Universe has taught her daughter to be brave.

She said: "It is not easy being my daughter. She goes to school and then she gets to hear that she is not really my daughter, but she is very brave. When I adopted her she knew what being adopted means, so she knows that she is adopted and is handling it well with replies like she is born from the heart while everyone is born from the stomach."

The 31-year-old svelte actress, who has acted in around 30 films, is currently occupied with "Dulha Mil Gaya" with Shah Rukh Khan and Ram Gopal Varma's "Aag".

"Dulha Mil Gaya" is Sushmita's second film with Shah Rukh and she says it will show the world her real self.

"It is a complete entertainer from frame one to the end. We have really worked hard for it. I can assure you that you will laugh your lungs out," she said. "But the best part is the character I play in the film is essentially Sushmita."

However, the actress is more excited about her own production "Jhansi Ki Rani" and said the project is very close to her heart.

"It is a life story of a woman who made all impossibilities come alive," she said. "I feel that I know her and a film on her life is so relevant today as centuries later we are now facing issues on religion that are creating cultural barriers whereas Rani's greatest allies were Muslim pathans."

The research for the film's content is over and now they are working on the characterisation, she said.

"A terrain in China has been chosen for the entire cast to be trained. The production of the film is scheduled to start by the end of next year and will see its release in 2009.

"I feel with time we have forgotten Rani Jhansi and what she stood for. The film is not about glorifying a religion or something. It is about glorifying humanity and celebrating that. It is sad that history has not recorded most of her life.

"History has somewhere forgotten her. One will get gooseflesh after knowing what all she did and remember she died when she was just 28."

Often regarded as the style diva, Sushmita also said she became the producer of the film to have control over the execution of its content.

"I have spent a lot of time complaining in the industry that this should have been like this and this is not right. So I'm producing this film because I don't want to take any chance with it," she said. "Moreover, I feel that by being the producer, I will have control over the film and how it is made."

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=16298

srklicious thumbnail
What it takes to be the 'King of Bollywood'

Film journalist cum author, Anupama Chopra's book King Of Bollywood takes a look at the evolution of the Indian film industry through the dramatic rise of Shah Rukh Khan's career. Anupama says that the book aims to give its reader an introduction into the industry and, for her, that was only possible through whom she considers the biggest superstar and the ambassador of Bollywood.

"I definitely think he is the face of Bollywood… he is the emblem of so many things in the industry. I thought through his story and his body of work I could tell a lot more stories and that's why I selected him. I was very fascinated about the dramatic rise of SRK in Bollywood and his connection with the new world of today, his connection with this new evolved face of Bollywood. So I wanted to explore all of that. I wanted to do a book that was a portrait of the industry through the life and times of SRK."

Anupama says that the four years she spent in the company of SRK while writing the book gave her an insight into the man that very few even in Khan's closest circle may have not got to see. Chopra says that no one would know the fact that Shah Rukh's dad, Taj Khan, wanted to try his luck in Bollywood. "I didn't know that his father had also come to Bollywood to become an actor. He was a very good looking, very handsome man. And he spent about a year in Bombay trying to make a career in Bollywood but never managed to make it. And it's a very strange sad story… And then for his son to make the same journey 40 years later…"

King of Bollywood also looks back at what can be called the King Khan's debut film which not many know about. "I learnt that Shah Rukh's first
movie was a small hinglish film called In Which Annie Gives It those Ones by Arundhati Roy in which SRK plays a very tiny role which is very funny," says Anupama, "The film is not available on DVD or anywhere so I had to go all the way to the archives in Pune to get access to it. It was just fascinating to see him that young and playing this itsy role!"

Anupama says this was the first time that she also got to hear of the lows of Shah Rukh as an actor. "He also spoke very openly about his lows and highs with Phir Bhi Dil
Hai Hindustani. You know the kind of lows he went through as a person and an actor at that point… How the extent of that failure affected him as an actor...for me all of those were very interesting things."

She hopes this book helps people to get a better understanding of the man and the industry. "He is extremely courteous and polite. I have never seen him be rude to anyone, let alone a fan. The only thing that bothers him is if he is disturbed when he is eating. He wants to eat peacefully… I think that's the only time when I have seen him get a little bit irritated. I also asked him about how he feels when he sees thousands of fans screaming out to him. And he said 'I never understand why they love me so much. I want to make sure they go away with something. That they go away with a good time. So for me it's always an attempt to make them have a good time… a memorable time' … and I think that's what he truly wants and feels."

Having travelled all over the world to lecture at various institutes, Chopra says that it was natural for her to have SRK as the focus of the book considering the reaction he gets from his international audience. "Somebody like SRK is very easy to love. Here you have this man who is global in his persona, who exemplifies in his Rahul and Raj character, the best of Indian culture which is what the NRIs want to see. It's all about loving your parents, about joint families, about being rich but still maintaining values. So I think his brand of
cinema is a wonderful, comfortable, lovely, fluffy, warm kind of cinema. It's very reassuring and hip cinema. These are kids who are living in US and UK who can't relate to some dodgy looking production but they understand his kind of cinema where they all are wearing DKNY jackets and driving cars. He even makes infidelity look good!"

Chopra says King Khan has a very interesting take on why he hasn't set his sights on
Hollywood. SRK told her 'Let me be very honest. I don't have a career in Hollywood because no one has offered me a role!'

"I guess he thinks 'I don't have what it takes to be a global star from Hollywood but I have what it takes to be a global star from Bollywood and I'm very proud of it.' He is very realistic and honest about it and that's what you will find in this book - an honest account of the life and times of superstar of the country!" explains Anupama.

source: www.indya.com
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
'16 actresses and no love angle'

After 'don'ning many avatars, Shah Rukh Khan will be seen as a hockey coach in the upcoming film, Chak De! India. And not just any coach, but that of a team of a gaggle of girls!

Girish Rao tracked down the actor for a lowdown on the film and why he's scared of it.

Chake De India doesn't look like a typical Shah Rukh Khan film -- no songs, dance or romance...

(Smiles) Yes, it's a non-Shah Rukh khan film with 16 actresses and no love angle. But sports, as a genre in films, is also not popular.

The concept for Yash Raj is a new thing. Director Shimit Amin's last film was Ab Tak 56, which is nowhere near to what Yash Raj or I did. It's a mix of unusual things.

There were so many reasons not to do the film but I think there were the same number of reasons for doing it.

I'm scared for Chak De'

So, do you think you are in a position where you can experiment?

My wife tells me I should keep experimenting. She thinks if I fail it wouldn't affect my status or me.

But inside I am scared... I am scared of Chak De. Over the years, my audience has seen me doing the usual song and dance stuff. Suddenly, I am doing a film where I am surrounded by 16 girls and I don't even have a single song. I can't do this kind of film as I am not big actor.

Do you really mean that?

Ya, I mean I am a big star but not a big actor to keep experimenting. As you said earlier, it's a non-SRK film. I'm aware of that and it scares me. As a student, I have prepared for the exam but some last moment jitters are still there.

'I'm terrible at hockey'

After so many years, you gave taken hockey stick in your hand. What was the experience this time around?

It was very difficult and different... I couldn't play. As they say, you need to keep practicing if you want to play any sport well.

I was terribly bad at hockey though I was good at penalty corners and strokes, when I played for the film. It's a tiring game. I thought playing against girls will be easy but let me tell you, they were fast and more efficient than me.

I tore my hamstring three days before shooting got over and I felt bad because I couldn't play the game I was best at.

Is it true you did this film because of the director?

Shimit is a good friend and yes, I did this film just for him and not because it is Aditya Chopra's or Yash Raj's films.

When Adi first came to me with the idea, I refused it because he wanted to start it in three months, and at that time I was shooting for Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna and Don. I told him I could do this film only after a year. He wasn't ready to wait and I was not in a position to accept the film.

But it took them some six to seven months to find the girls and once again, Adi came to me. This time, I had time so I accepted it.

'Girls are fans of John Abraham'

The team of girls is young and many of them must be fans of yours?

They were too young. Some of them might be fans of John Abraham. The rawness, newness and nervousness of these girls taught me a lot.

They called me 'Sir' on the sets and chatted with me about acting and sometimes, hockey. I was like a semi coach in real life for acting too.

You seem to be on a friend-making spree in the film industry. Do you think rivalry within Bollywood is a thing of the past?

Competition is there but now it is completely positive and healthy. Before, stars used to think and say Uski film nahi chalni chahiye, taki meri film accha kare. But now, it's like, Uski acchi chale toh meri aur bhi acchi chale.

It's not that we are Langotiya yaars but we do share our notes with each other. If I get off early, I call Salman and we meet at my place or his.

Hrithik told me the story of Krrish 2 and he knows the subject of my Om Shanti Om. We do talk about directors and recommend cinematographers or even scripts to each other.

Where there is creativity there is bound to be competition. Aamir calls me up after watching my film (mimics Aamir) and says, 'Shah Rukh, I want to talk to you. You shouldn't have done this film.' I think it's much more matured nowadays.

'No cold war with Bachchans'

What's your take on the alleged cold war with Amitabh Bachchan?

Abhishek was with me till 4 am last night. We don't have anything between us. But the media is not ready to buy that story. Personally, this kind of stuff has helped me a lot. In jagdon ki wajah se mein kai logon ke karib ho gaya hun. Kahin woh is khabar ko sahi na maan le isi liye mein unse close hota gaya.

Finally, a lot of them are my good friends.

What is happening at the home production front?

Om Shanti Om is releasing during Diwali. After that, we will produce two or three films every year. Right now, my company is in the hand-to-mouth state. We need to earn more.

There were reports about me preparing to buy a studio in Mumbai. That's untrue. I just got a 8,000-9,000 square feet place on lease at Andheri. Real estate prices in Mumbai are sky high and it's not possible for me to buy such a big office.

We have 60-70 visual experts and we need to increase this number to 150. We have done special effects for films like Main Hoon Na, Don, Honymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom and Om Shanti Om.

What next?

I'm on vacation for four months. After that, I will start Raju Hirani's film followed by Shankar's. I'm also doing one film with Karan Johar and another one for Yash Raj.

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2007/aug/06sld1.htm
srklicious thumbnail
woow thakns sabi di for this lovely interview 👏 . shahrukh dont be scared we r all with u and we will pray for u and for chak de to be super hit and for u to win best actor award inshalla 👏 . wish u all the best. cant wait 3 more days to go [:D/] [:D/] 😳
Fashion_2005 thumbnail

Originally posted by: love srk

woow thakns sabi di for this lovely interview 👏 . shahrukh dont be scared we r all with u and we will pray for u and for chak de to be super hit and for u to win best actor award inshalla 👏 . wish u all the best. cant wait 3 more days to go [:D/] [:D/] 😳

you're welcome marrium😳