Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
aww sabi di thats my fav scene from bazzigar.so deffenelty chak de phatee
next shahrukh in anjaam
srklicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fashion_2005

It's a funny story. I was really excited to watch the making of CDI on Sony channel. I even finished all the work and then i got to know making isn't being aired but View Asia 😆 I was so angry 😆

hoo yaa sabi di same here i was infront of my tv from 1 hour 😆 and that stupit tony billier came i was very angry 😡 i really wanted to watch it
srklicious thumbnail
Shah Rukh's inspiration for CHAKDE! INDIA

www.glamsham.com

The first CHAKDE! INDIA promo (with JHOOM BARABAR JHOOM), met with mixed reactions. Some loved it, some found it unimpressive. Those who loved it were happy about the fact that Shah Rukh Khan, 'the actor', was finally here. And with a performance befitting his stature. Coming to those who did not appreciate the first promo, they were, perhaps, expecting another Raj-Rahul act from SRK, or were looking for glamorous faces (like Preity and Rani!), amidst realistic hockey players!

Cutting a long
story short, the subsequent promos got uniform acclaim and when Shah Rukh Khan was queried about his inspiration for the true-to-life hockey coach, 'Kabir Khan', he was forthright and honest as usual. He disclosed that his school day sports teacher, Brother Eric D'Souza (presently in Shillong) was his inspiration for the role. The superstar further elaborated that Brother D'Souza taught him not just hockey, but football and cricket as well.

Brother D'Souza, if you are reading this, here is wishing you a long and healthy life and many more Shah Rukhs!

srklicious thumbnail
SRK used to write limericks!
Author Anupama Chopra shares anecdotes about King Khan.

She has just written a book titled King of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan and the Seductive World of Indian Cinema . Her husband, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, had produced the Munnabhai series. Author Anupama Chopra shares anecdotes about King Khan and the Chopras date with Dutt.

Was SRK interested in directing serials?

Shah Rukh had written a television serial titled Ekanth that he wished to direct in the late 80s. Doordarshan had rejected the proposal.

It was about three friends who had come down to Mumbai from Pune to become movie stars. While two of them succeeded, the third, who was also the most talented one, met with failure. This person ended up killing one of the other two friends.

How did you know that SRK had told Gauri's aunt, Neeru: I will become a Hindu and change my name to Jitendra Kumar Tully. But how will I get uncircumcised?

It came from him! He always had a great off-colour sense of humour. Its not easy to pull off such jokes unless you have a lot of self-belief.

After facing rejection in his first film, SRK had told his director and his author-companion, Arundhati Roy, that he would one day go on to win an Oscar for playing a gay role. Later on, he had declined to attend a function in Arundhatis honour for her Booker Prize. Is SRK vindictive?

No. He couldn't get over the hurt of rejection. His role in In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones didn't have enough screen time to warrant a name. To add salt to the wound, others in the cast had got good roles.

Whats this thing about SRK's aptitude for writing poetry?

Yes, he used to write impromptu limericks. He started writing when he was seven or eight. But, he stopped writing after his father, Meer, passed away.

Very little is known about Shah Rukh's sister

Its a sensitive subject. He told me about it as he was recalling his father's death when he was only 15. Meer had been detected with oral cancer.

Shah Rukh described his father's death to me and this is how I put it in my book: When Meer died, Fatima (Shah Rukh's mother) did not break the news to Shah Rukh immediately. She just said Meer wanted to meet them.

Meer lay alone with his mouth slightly parted and his eyes half-shut. His body was icy cold. Shah Rukh furiously rubbed his feet, trying to infuse some warmth. The sight of blood trickling out of his father's ear would stay with him his whole life.

Fatima and Shah Rukh returned home early in the morning. The driver had left by then and Shah Rukh got behind the wheels of their Fait. When Fatima asked him when he had learned to drive, he replied.Just now.

When Meer died, Shah Rukh went to fetch Shahnaz but didn't break the news on their way back home. In my book, I mention: When she saw Meer's body, swatched in white, lying inert in the center of their tiny living room, surrounding by wailing women, Shahnaz collapsed like a tree felled by an axe.

Her fall shattered glasses of water that were placed on the floor. For days, Shahnaz did not shed a tear. Instead she retreated into a depression from which she would never fully emerge.

Whats the most boring topic for SRK?

He is tired of answering questions on his sexuality.

PRIYANKA DASGUPTA ,TNN

06 August, 2007 by virtualmagik
http://www.vluvshahrukh.com/news/1713/
srklicious thumbnail
The SRK brand can't make a film good or bad: Shah Rukh
Mr.Khan in conversation with Princy Jain

Cut to Yashraj studio. On ground level, he's shooting for Farah Khan's Om Shanti Om and has already made trips to the lounge on the first floor. He smiles that deep smile of his, settles down with a cuppa, puts on his spectacles.. and yeah, so here's Shah Rukh Khan in a sporty conversation with Princy Jain

Sixteen new girls as your co-stars in Chak de India.. this must be a first.

After working for so many years, one becomes a little mechanical. The girls had never acted before. They would say their lines of dialogue in a completely unexpected manner.

It was strange for a while but then they sounded so very right. Often, I would say my lines, and asked them to react. It was all very unlikely and new.

Some of them must be your fans.. right?

Before the shoot, we had several reading sessions which made things casual between us. The girls must have been about five or six when they saw my films. They would seek my advice. During fun moments, they would kiss and hug me. We became co-actors.

Did you learn to play hockey? Or is that acting?

The game's not new for me, I used to play hockey in school. But when I played for the film, I sucked,I was really awful. I have no stamina left.. the technique of hockey has changed. Astro Turf itself is very tiring.

It's often said, "SRK decides his role and films.

That's incorrect. I am not one of those actors who goes to a filmmaker, gets myself cast and then become a ghost director.It's shameful to accept but this, I thought I would be able to beat these girls but they kicked my butt. While playing with them, I realised that it would be better if I use my status as a superstar and not practise at all.. (laughs) To be honest, I did Chak de because I wanted to play hockey. Since I lead a very protected life, it was very refreshing to be on the ground.. to feel the air brushing my and sweat trickling down my body. It was like getting a few days of freedom which I know of, but have not lived for many years.

Earlier, if I could run for 10 km, now I can't go on for even three or four km. But it's still so very important to have some sports in your life. I play soccer every Sunday now.

For years, you have been a conventional lover boy with crazy hair and moist eyes. Of late you have been experimenting with your looks and characters. Why?

I am just an actor. It's often said, "SRK decides his role and films." That's incorrect. I am not one of those actors who goes to a filmmaker, gets myself cast and then become a ghost director. I am an employee of my director and producers.

So if Amol Palekar asked me to grow a moustache, I did that. In Don, Farhan (Akhtar) wanted a stylish look, so I followed his instructions.

Here too, (director) Shimit Amin and Adi (producer Aditya Chopra) said, "You have never had beard." So I said, "Let's do it." But these are minor points. A look makes no difference. SRK will always remain the actor he is.

How did it go with the beard? You have always been clean-shaven.

Oh, a beard's very scratchy. When you wake up in the morning and take a bath, you still don't feel clean. I'm not used to a beard because I shave every day . You wash your face and water sticks to your beard. It's very stressful. Also, I have grey in my beard and I have to keep dyeing it. It sticks on your skin, so it's not a very good pleasant experience. I hope I don't have to grow a beard for another couple of years at least.

Have you read your biography by Anupama Chopra.. are you satisfied with it?

I haven't read it. Anu did offer me a peep into the manuscript but I refused. I guess reading about my life would be very boring. Also I told her that if I do read it, I will want to change it. So I'm fine with the way it is.

But certain chapters talk about your links with the underworld. Are you fine with that?

It would be unfair to hamper anyone's creativity I have read Anu's other books, I have full faith in her. The book is about me.. and Bollywood through my eyes.

It's not about the underworld. I have received feedback from all corners of the world, saying it makes for an interesting read. I guess that's more important than anything else.

Can the SRK brand value make a film succeed?

I don't know. Chak De India doesn't have anything that works conventionally in the Indian film industry It doesn't have a heroine, there's no romantic angle, no songs. It does have 16 new girls, which is kind of unique.

The SRK brand can't make a film good or bad. I have not created any brand for myself. Other brands have made SRK the brand he is. Every film I do takes away a part of my life.It does have Shah Rukh which is okay but even his films have failed. So even that can go wrong. A good film is a good film. The SRK brand can't make a film good or bad. I have not created any brand for myself. Other brands have made SRK the brand he is. Every film I do takes away a part of my life. The brand SRK might not be that significant but that part of my life is. For that, I would want the film to have some moments of good cinema.

So as in sport, cinema is all about winning..isn't it?

No, it's not all about winning.. or losing. It's more about team spirit for the nation. Patriotism is not about praying for India to win and Pakistan to lose. That's a wrong perception.. and it needs to be changed.

Source:HindustanTimes

04 August, 2007 by virtualmagik
http://www.vluvshahrukh.com/news/1710/
srklicious thumbnail
Saawariya promo with Chak De India 
  By IndiaFM News Bureau, August 6, 2007 - 13:27 IST
   Saawariya is one film that has been in news since the time it went under production. The film is a big venture as it is directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and stars Salman Khan and Rani Mukherjee. But the biggest reason for the high anticipation levels for Saawariya is because the film will launch two star kids, Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor. As we all know by now that Ranbir is Rishi and Neetu Kapoor's son while Sonam is Anil Kapoor's daughter. The film buffs are surely excited to see the kids of these successful actors perform onscreen.

The hot news is that the theatrical of Saawariya will be played in cinema halls with the Chak De India. YRF's Chak De India starring Shah Rukh Khan will hit the screens this week. So when you go to watch the Indian girl's hockey team in action in Chak De India, you will most definitely be treated with the promo of Saawariya.
http://indiafm.com/news/2007/08/06/9865/index.html
srklicious thumbnail

"Chak De India has no romantic angle despite having the most romantic hero of Bollywood. But we never missed it" - Shimit Amin

"Shahrukh is one of the most professional actors. Even if you have to put him in a bucket full of ice for six hours he would do it," said Shimit Amin, director of SRK's next Chak De India. The soft spoken behind-the-scenes-man with a heavy American accent is totally immersed in his craft and finds the "unfortunate publicity" that his film has received as hard to believe. He believes there's one publication that has been publishing "malicious reports" of his alleged 'differences' with SRK and lots more. In this freewheeling interview with IndiaFM the Ab Tak Chappan director bares his heart out.

Your first film Ab Tak Chappan (RGV Company) was branded as hard core realistic film while Yashraj Films are known mostly for their candy floss brand of escapist cinema. How did you move from one school of filmmaking to another with your second film Chak De India?
I reacted to the script. I felt the project is worth it and I was onboard. It is not the typical project. I didn't have any problems doing it.

It's being said that Chak De is based on Mir Ranjan Negi, the coach of India women's hockey team that won the gold at Manchester Commonwealth Games.
It is coincidental. The script had already been written. There are similarities as all sports people have their own types of obstacles.

You must be tired of this question, but let's ask it anyways, why hockey as a subject for your film in a country that worships cricket. To add to it you are talking abut women's hockey…
Hockey is the national game of the country. There was a time when we had won 8 gold medals in Olympics. Now hockey has been relegated to some other sport. It could happen to cricket. Hockey has a certain history; there is something emotional about this sport. It is a desi sport while cricket has a colonial hangover.

I still remember I was traveling in AC III tier of Paschim Express from Delhi to Mumbai a few years ago and the same Indian Hockey Women's team that had won gold at Manchester was traveling along with us. I recognized Mamta Kharab, the star of Manchester maybe because of her short hair but I don't think if anyone else did….
It is difficult to play a sport that no one watches. People don't care but these players have a certain passion for the sport. They don't get respect even though they play as hard if not harder as compared with other sports. There is no funding, no one takes interest.

There have been reports in the media stating that Women's Hockey Federation has a problem with Chak De India as apparently they feel that the film is trying to project as if it is only after Shahrukh Khan's character takes over as the coach that the fate of Indian Women's Hockey starts improving….
The film has got unfortunate publicity. There is one source, one newspaper that is giving these reports.

What's the name of the newspaper?
I won't take the name….We were in the post production when all these malicious reports started coming in. Women's Hockey Federation has been completely supportive.

What about reports of your alleged differences with Shahrukh Khan?
He is a professional actor. He has a busy schedule. Things had to be worked around him. He has this attachment for hockey as he has played it himself. Once again it's this one newspaper that is spreading these stories.

Well, if one has to quote these reports then apparently SRK was upset with the many retakes you used to take….
One of the things is that Shahrukh is one of the most professional actors. Even if you have to put him in a bucket full of ice for six hours he would do it just for the heck of doing something exciting. These reports are silly.

What about stories that stated the crashing of hard disk carrying the data of Chak De India?
Anyone who has worked on Avid would know that it's not very hard to redigitise. It was one of those articles that was written without fact checking.

Alright, tell us something about the process of making a film like Chak De India…I believe a lot of time was spent in setting up the team…
It was a tedious process. We had to make sure that every character experiences everything that a player goes through. It was an interesting experience for all of us. The dedication for the game just doesn't happen overnight. A hockey match is 70 minutes. We had to shoot 8 hours a day. You have to be super athlete to last it. They had to be conditioned properly. It is easy to shoot cricket. Hockey is too fast.

There's no romantic angle in a film involving one of the best romantic heroes that the Indian film industry has ever produced…
There is no romantic angle in the film. Shahrukh's character is a hockey team coach and he is in love with his country. We never missed the romantic angle. It has all emotions and the masala.

Chak De India is releasing on August 10th a few days before August 15th. The timing is quite right to whip up patriotic feelings….
We are happy. In a weird way, the film is about patriotism but not in a jingoistic way. It has a patriotic quality to it, healthy patriotism if I may say so.

What kind of music do you have in the film?
We went with the script. It has different soundscapes, no lipsync songs. The songs are meant to boost the morale. There is no romantic angle, no qawwali, there was no room for it.

Finally, why do you think should people go to watch Chak De India?
It is a sports film. It portrays national sport that has never been done before. It is a great way to showcase a sport that has never got the right platform. It is a story of a coach. Anybody can identify with the dream of winning anything, this whole idea of playing for the country.

http://indiafm.com/features/2007/08/06/2918/index.html

*kuch na kaho* thumbnail
heyy congrats everyone! part 17! thats fab! thanx alot mariam sis for the awesoem articles! and pics 😳
*kuch na kaho* thumbnail
heyy wer is everyone! btw 4 more day fro Chak de India! 😳 can't wait!
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the articles Sabs and Mariam!!

Chak de phatte

Next: SRK and kajol in k3g!