PLEASE CLOSE! (New part open...) - Page 3

Posted: 16 years ago
ahhh

chak de phatte...so hot!

Next: SRK...in OSO

I know Sabs...lately the Gandhi making has come soo many times! 😳
I saw the filmfare magazine cover and srk looked HOT 😳 so i am assuming srk will give good performance because farah khan second movie and i loved MHN, i watched so many times.

So i will say Chak De Phatte

Next: Srk with Kajol in Baazigar(the scene where srk tells kajol he lost the race for her/Her father and the dialouge which became very famour) 😍
"Chak De is a dream come true": Shahrukh Khan

By IndiaFM News Bureau, August 6, 2007 - 11:58 IST

"I don't think Shimit and Adi are the kind of people who'd make an off beat film," says Shahrukh Khan discarding rumours that his next film Chak De India is another attempt by him at off beat cinema. A film based on the trials and tribulations of Indian women's hockey team, SRK plays the amiable coach that weaves a bunch of girls from all parts of the country into a combative unit of strength and drive. In this interview King Khan expresses his fondness for director Shimit Amin (in the process he dismisses all rumours of the alleged differences between the two), the experience of working with raw young talent and why he feels Chak De India should become the anthem of Indian Sport. Time to dig in guys….

What made you decide to do this film?

There were a lot of reasons, first is off course the director. I have known him for years and he is a very simple, hardworking and talented. He has worked with me in the film Asoka. He's a very sweet, unassuming kind of a guy and to choose a film which is on sports and which is normally neglected say perhaps apart from Lagaan, Hip Hip Hurray and Iqbal. Now we haven't really made sports film and its something that I thought when I was younger I should be doing but I didn't get a chance. So when I am old and grey and over the hill I am glad someone like Shimit thought that I could sort of fill in to a sports film and field hockey has been a personal favourite sport of mine and I have been wanting my kids to learn it. I do feel I am no one to really comment from the outside that the state of Indian Hockey is not good but I have always felt that if there is anything I can do via the medium that I work in about the things that I think are special like field hockey. My father used to play, my friends used to play and I love it too so when all these things came together and off course Yash Raj producing it, they are all friends and family and I couldn't have got a better chance to make a dream come true about doing what I like doing most which is acting and doing a subject which is close to my heart.

Can you tell us something about the character you play?

The character's name is Kabir Khan. He's a coach; an ex-Indian hockey player who is living with some demons, has got some problems in life, has not been successful, wants to overcome that but without being cynical or disturbed. He decides in his mind and heart that he going to do something positive about it so it's a film about achievement in the face off failure and it's a film that looks at failure in a positive way that if you haven't done well fairly or unfairly the idea is not to give up or become cynical .The idea is to take on some kind of a challenge and try to overcome that obstacle which had stopped you earlier. I would say the character is quite aggressive when he wants to be. If you really ask me though I have played it I really don't know what the character is. I have played from my heart. It's a mix of Jaideep's writing, it's a mix of Shimit's outlook on the whole film, it's a bit of Adi's belief in the film and it's a bit of my mannerisms and style. It's all rolled into one. I would like it to be thinking, feeling may be of an elderly brotherly kind of a character who you feel confident in, who himself is shattered from inside, so it's very complex its not just like a simple explanation. I haven't been able to understand it myself yet.

What was it like working with a whole lot of newcomers?

Fantastic, earlier I thought that working with newcomers would be a bit of a hassle because they would not know their lines, you know you become a little patronizing you become a little kind at times, a little agitated and irritated at times because things are not going the way you think they are going but I think the whole production and the whole team had worked very hard with them and not to take any credit away from these girls. I think they are very hardworking and wonderful. They put their heart and soul into the film. They have practiced and learnt hockey, they have learnt the lines, they know the scenes they knew everything and at the end of it all after having worked for 18 years as an actor I got a lot to learn, because there is a bit of rawness when newcomers come and face the camera working for so many years you tend to become a little mechanized .You see a scene with a young girl who has never acted before, she says her few lines and they don't seem like you would do them this way but when you hear it out it sounds very right so it's a great learning process to work with newcomers. I had done that a bit in Swades but which was with still honed theater actors not film actors but here there were most of the girls had ever faced any kind of acting job so this was really nice and it was a great learning process for me.

Among the girls in the team many of them must have been your fans what was it like working with them?

The girls are very sweet and they were working really hard and we had a lot of readings before we started the film and couple of meetings so that we got easy with each other. Apart from some of them liking me, its a little embarrassing because some of them were 5/6 years old when they saw my films. It's a little embarrassing to be working with girls where you suddenly realize god you are old, you have been working a lot. But it was also important for me to be comfortable with them and not treat them like kids because the whole purpose of the character Kabeer is that he doesn't treat them like kids or girls. He treats them like grown up, tough people so I think that little bit of being fans and stalwart compared to the others got over very fast in the reading and meeting stage and then we were all co-actors and co-actresses just working together and having a great time and they were really nice, very well mannered very well brought up and really nice kids.

Is Chak De India another effort by you to do off beat film like Swades and Paheli?

I don't think these are off beat films sometimes I like the stories because they are different and I don't think Shimit and Adi are the kind of people who would make an off beat film. Its very on beat I think but the subject is that you can't make it every year, it's a different subject so I don't know what an off beat film is. I don't like boring films myself so I don't try to do those. I think this is a film with a different kind of a soul and a different kind of a story line so that's how it's different and I don't think it's off beat

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the words Chak De India?

Chak De strangely to me is a line from Dilwale. I remember we used to say Chak De Phate in Dilwale so I don't know but I get reminded of that but I hope Chak De India becomes like a sporting thing whenever Sachin is playing or whenever Dhanraj Pillai is going with the ball somebody screams Chak De India which means score a goal or hit a sixer or get Sania Mirza to win the Wimbledon….

http://indiafm.com/features/2007/08/06/2917/index.html
In support of Sanju

Days after his sentencing was announced, the national media solemnly announced that even though Sanjay Dutt is well loved in the industry, B-Town was extremely quite in his defense. However, here's something to prove them wrong.

An online petition addressed to the President of India (yes, the one who talks to spirits) is urging the government to 'Free Sanju'. Interestingly, Shah Rukh Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Sunny and Bobby Deol, Jackie Shroff and others have supposedly signed the petition.

The petition states: 'Sanjay Dutt does not deserve six years of imprisonment. We are in support of Sanjay Dutt, hero of our indian film Industry.

He has already been through 13 years of trauma and 16 months of solitary confinement. Sanjay does not deserve another four odd years of imprisonment… Let's save Munnabhai.' Check it out at: http://www.petitiononline.com/Sanju786/

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/august/161916.htm
Bollywood reconciles as Sanjay Dutt settles to prison routine

05 Aug 2007 (Sawf News) - A planned show of solidarity for Sanjay Dutt by of Bollywood stars Monday, masterminded by ShahRukh Khan and Suniel Shetty, has been called off at the request of his sister Priya Dutt, as Sanjay settles to a routine in Pune's Yerawada jail.

Sanjay is hugely popular amidst the Bollywood fraternity and there exists a groundswell of opinion that the punishment meted out to him was exemplary but not fair.

"Calls and messages were sent to all the actors from the industry to gather at a particular hotel," a source told the Mumbai Mirror.

However, Priya Dutt requested the organizers to let Sanjay be.

"Priya Dutt called up requesting the actors to stop whatever activity they were planning in support of Sanjay. She felt it would lead to complications as far as Sanjay's case was concerned," the source added.

Confirming that the event was planned but later called off, Rajkumar Towari, secretary to to Riteish Deshmukh, Fardeen Khan and Zayed Khan's said:

"Yes the event was to happen but now I've got a message saying that the event is put on hold indefinitely."

Meanwhile Sanjay has settled to a routine in Pune's Yerawada jail where he is being kept in a separate cell from other inmates for safety reasons. However, Sanjay shares the toilet and bathroom with other prisoners.
Ashok Patil, deputy IG (Prisons), told TOI that prisoners are themselves responsible for the cleanliness of the toilets.

Like other prisoners, Sanjay gets to choose who can visit him. Currently, his list has the names of his sisters Priya and Namrata, their husbands Owen Roncon and Kumar Gaurav respectively, and his squeeze Manyata.
Sanjay is not permitted home cooked meals as yet. He eats with the other prisoners, food that has been cooked by prisoners.

Sanjay could be allowed home-cooked food if the court grants permission.

Morning tea is served at 6.30 AM; breakfast at 8.30 AM; lunch at 11.30 AM and dinner at 5 PM. The food is also cooked by the convicts themselves.

As to how Sanjay will spend his time Patil says: "Although all convicts are expected to work, the authorities will take a call on this because of security reasons. He can play Munna Bhai and teach Gandhigiri to others in the jail. There is a library where he can read and also work. We are also organizing entertainment programs for inmates by Sanjay Dutt, which I am sure will be a big hit."

http://news.sawf.org/Bollywood/40847.aspx
Bollywood plans campaign for Dutt, Nikam unhappy

by Ketki Angre
August 05, 2007 (Mumbai)

Ever since the TADA court awarded a six-year sentence to Sanjay Dutt in connection with the 1993 Mumbai blasts, Bollywood has been rallying behind the star.

Many people have openly expresses shock over the judgment. There are reports that film stars are planning an event in support of Dutt.

In fact, a particular online petition has the signatures of over 1500 supporters including Bollywood biggies like directors Farhan Akhtar and Rajkumar Hirani, who directed Dutt in the iconic Munnabhai MBBS.

There are also reports that Shahrukh Khan and Sunil Shetty want to start a nation-wide campaign in his support.

However, Ujjwal Nikam, who is the special public prosecutor in the case, has warned the film industry that any campaign in favour of Dutt and against the verdict will be subverting the judiciary and may have consequences.

''I believe everyone has a right to express their opinion but what they are doing will interfere with the judicial process. Every accused has a right of appeal and can take legal recourse but making statements like this I think interferes with the judicial process,'' said Ujjwal Nikam, Special Public Prosecutor.

But now because of fears of a backlash, Dutt's family is said to have urged the film community to restrain themselves until his bail application is heard in the Supreme Court.

Thus, for the moment, the save Sanjay campaign will have to wait.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN2007 0021565&ch=8/5/2007%208:42:00%20PM
Chak De India premiere in London and Los Angeles

06 Aug, 2007 09:46 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

Chak De India , Yash Raj Films' latest production is hitting the marquees in style – with gala world premieres in London & Los Angeles. What's more, both the premieres are centrepieces of mega festivals that celebrate India and Indian culture in the UK & USA respectively.

The London premiere will take place on the 9th of August in London as the centrepiece event of India Now , a three-month season celebrating London's strengthening relationship with India and exploring India's culture and its contribution to London life. India Now was inaugurated on the 17th of July and encompasses events and festivities across practically every part of the city of London. The world premiere of Chak De India will take place on the 9th of August at Somerset House, London's most outstanding 18th century building, situated on the banks of the river Thames. This magnificent setting will form a fitting backdrop as the magic of Chak De India is unveiled to a viewing audience for the first time ever. And if that were not enough, in attendance will be superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who plays the coach who tries to take a motley group of girls to the pinnacle of world hockey.

Commented Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London, 'We have many events throughout the three month duration of India Now, however the world premiere of Chak de India will undoubtedly one of the biggest and most exciting. It is a great honour for London to host this launch event for a film which, like so many Bollywood blockbusters, will touch the hearts and minds of millions across the world. "

The Los Angeles premiere, to be held on the 10th of August, is part of a shorter but no less prestigious event of a nature similar to India Now . Called 'India Splendor' , the festival runs from 10th to 15th August and is a mega showcase of India's arts, business, technology, food, dance, spirituality on the occasion of India's 60th anniversary of independence. Chak De India will be the opening night film of India Splendor . Present on the occasion will be the director Shimit Amin and the screenwriter Jaideep Sahni.

The stage is set. The world is ready to welcome 'Chak De India' as part of India's 60th Independence celebration.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2258296.cms
congrates srkian for part 17 we rocked 👏   
thanks sabi di for all articals😉 . i really fell sad for sanju and hope he get out of jail soon 😭 😭 😭
i love CDI music .... espcailly kuch karye and sattar mintus, and also the mulla le le meere jaan and i think the music is awsome 👏   👏