Kayamath

The Meaning Of Kayamath

Yuvraz-Krishna thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Does anyone know the meaning of Kayamath or Kayamath Se Pehle Kayamath Hui?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

knumnum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Kayamath means eternity, Hamara pyar kayamath tak hai means our luv is till eternity....

Kayamath se pehle Kayamath hui might mean, before eternity itself our luv ended 😕 ... Iam sorry i know tat iam not making any sense 😕

Krishi
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
No sweetz it doen't mean eternity. Kayamath means "D-day" meaning, Dooms day, ie the day the world ends, meaning when there is nothing left and the whole world ...yeh kayanaath is destroyed. Its an idea borrowed from several religions that believe that one day this world will come to an end (due to all the sins of the world)..and everyone will have to face judgment from God.

So Kayamath se Kayamath tak means from one d-day to another (as it is also believed that the world began from a Kayamath - meaning when there was nothing).

So Kayamath se pehle Kayamath means something so devastating as d-day has happened even before the d-day actually came.

So all-in-all Kayamath really is refering to something so huge and spectacular that it brings destruction (but not always negetively). In the case of the title song i don't know if it has a negetive connotation or a positive one...it could be both in relation to where and when it is said. It could mean the destruction of NP relationship...which was their world and it got destroyed so...kayamath ho gayi...or it could be a beginning of something new like MP relation which is also nothing short of a kayamath.
Have you ever heard the expression "kayamath dha rahe ho" (literally means you are bringing destruction with you) usually said to people that are looking just too good...that expression is an equivalent to "Bijli gira rahi ho" (usually said to ladies).

sorry for the whole lecture.😆I donno if you can understand what i am saying. I hope i helped and didn't confuse you more.

JC
Edited by jinc118 - 16 years ago
manny2rock thumbnail
Thx for the info jinc.....tum tho baadi gehrie mein chali gaye.g8..thx for the lecture....honestly datz the 1st 1 i really enjoyed...
knumnum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
JC,

Thanx yaar for the meaning... I didnt know it before 😃

Krishi