!!!!!** Happy Grab Some Nuts Day**!!!!!! - Page 2

Posted: 16 years ago

Welcome Friends

Happy grab some nuts day

Word  Nuts has lots of meaning. But we are talking about the nuts we eat. Some people shy away from nuts thinking nuts are too fattening.

Why should we eat nuts?  

Some  interesting Answers

Vitamin A
Vitamin A is not stored in the body. Vitamin A helps benefit your vision, tissues, skin, teeth, hair, nails and bones in many ways.
apricots
Vitamin B-1 (Thiamin)
brazil nut
brazil nut
Thiamin is a water soluble vitamin,  not stored in the body. It is highly beneficial for the nervous system and one's mental disposition. It helps maintain healthy nerves and improve memory and mental clarity. It  is also necessary to help convert carbohydrates in food to energy. sunflower seeds
sesame seeds
peanuts
almonds
wheat germ
brazil nuts
cashews
hazelnuts
macadamia nuts
pecans
pine nuts
pistachios
walnuts
flaxseed
Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin)
cashew
cashew
People have an increased need for Riboflavin during stressful situations and it is the most common vitamin deficiency. It works with other substances to metabolize carbohydrates, proteins, and fats for energy. It helps  thyroid hormone production, helps in the production of immune cells to fight infection, and aids in transporting oxygen to cells in the body. almonds
cashews
hazelnuts
Vitamin B-6
plum
plum
 Vitamins, B-6 performs over 100 valuable functions for the body. According to a government survey, only 1/3 of adults and 1/2 of women get enough B-6 in their diet. B-6 helps convert amino acids into serotonin. It helps red blood cells, makes proteins, and  brain chemicals. B-6  plays a vital role in disease prevention and cure. bananas
plums
sunflower seeds
wheat germ
hazelnuts
flaxseed
cashews
hazelnuts
peanuts
pistachios
walnuts
black walnuts

Vitamin E
hazelnut
hazelnut
Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin that is stored in the liver. It is a potent antioxidant that help protects cell membranes from free radicals. Itsworks better combined with selenium. It  protects against cancer and cardiovascular disease. Vitamin E helps  immune function and slows the aging process. hazelnuts
sunflower seeds
almonds
peanuts
apricots
soybeans
wheat germ
brazil nuts
Calcium
flaxseed
flaxseed
Calcium is one of the most abundant minerals in the human body. It plays important roles in signaling biochemical processes in cells, controlling muscle contractions, and building bones. Our skeletal system stores 99% of the body's Calcium while the remaining 1% floats in the blood stream. Calcium  maintains skeletal strength and provides structure to bones and teeth. It also plays a crucial role in the transmission of nerve impulses, muscle fiber contractions, and coagulation of blood. It is also helps heal wounds and maintain healthy cell membranes. almonds
figs
sesame seeds
flaxseed
Copper
peaches
peaches
Copper is the third most abundant trace mineral in the body. Copper has important role as a cofactor for enzymes involved in hemoglobin and collagen formation and iit s involved in incorporating iron into the structure of hemoglobin. Copper works in partnership with iron to make red blood cells and is the major component of the outer coating of nerve fibers and collagen.
plums
sunflower seeds
Magnesium
pine nuts
pine nuts
The human body contains about 1 ounce of magnesium comprised mostly in the bones. It is one of the most important anti-aging minerals and aids in the absorption of Calcium and Vitamin C in the body. It helps convert blood sugar into energy and helps to regulate nerve and muscle functions. peanuts
almonds
sunflower seeds
cashews
wheat germ
walnuts
brazil nuts
hazelnuts
macadamia nuts
pecans
pine nuts
pistachios
walnuts
black walnuts
dates
plums
pumpkin seeds
sesame seeds
flaxseed
Potassium
banana
banana
Potassium is the third most abundant mineral in the body and is located inside muscle cells. Potassium is considered an electrolyte . It assists in muscle contractions and helps maintain the appropriate levels of fluid along with the proper electrolyte balance in cells. It is very important in maintaining a normal heartbeat and heart rhythm. tomatoes
bananas
raisins
figs
plums
sunflower seeds
pistachios
apricots
peaches
pumpkin seeds
wheat germ
flaxseed
Phosphorus
sunflower seeds
sunflower seeds
The second most abundant mineral in the body. Approximately 85% of all phosphorus is found in the bones. The remaining 15% is found in the blood and fluid in and around cells. The main use for phosphorous in the body is to aid in the strengthening of bones and teeth. However, phosphorus is used by almost every cell in the body. It is involved in almost all physiological chemical reactions in the body. peanuts
pine nuts
sunflower seeds
Selenium
wheat germ
wheat germ
Selenium is a mineral and important nutrient that helps to fight diseases like heart disease and cancer. Selenium works best when paired with Vitamin E. Selenium is an antioxidant that helps slow down aging by oxidation. Approximately half of the body's selenium in males is found in the testes and the ducts surrounding the prostate gland. Selenium helps detoxify toxic metals in the body such as mercury and arsenic. brazil nuts
sesame seeds
cashews
black walnuts
sunflower seeds
wheat germ
flaxseed
Zinc
walnut
walnut
Zinc is probably the most versatile mineral in the body. It helps maintain a strong immune system to fight colds and flu, helps to heal wounds, fuels DNA production, and helps create the proper function of the male reproduction system. sesame seeds
wheat germ
peanuts
pecans
cashews
sunflower seeds
peanuts
pine nuts
walnuts
black walnuts
pumpkin seeds
wheat germ
flaxseed
Iron
macadamia nuts
macadamia nuts
Iron is one of the most essential minerals needed. It is present in every cell in the human body and is needed for the production of hemoglobin. Deficiencies in iron are common in women. Iron is very important to many immune system functions. soy beans
apricots
plums
raisins
pumpkin seeds
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
cashews
hazelnuts
macadamia nuts
pine nuts
pistachios
walnuts
black walnuts
peaches
sesame seeds
wheat germ
flaxseed
Omega-3
soy beans
soy beans
Omega-3 is the name given to a group of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Omega-3 is comprised of 3 fatty acids ALA, EPA, and DHA. Scientists have concluded that the best source of these fatty acids is from food. Omega-3 fatty acids play an integral role in cardiovascular health and those who have cardiovascular disease. Omega-3 has also been shown to help lower triglycerides, slightly lower blood pressure, and decrease the growth of plaque in the heart arteries. walnuts
soy beans
black walnuts
Vitamin K
fig
fig
Vitamin K is found in plants and is produced in the body in the intestines. Vitamin K is used in the body to help control blood clotting and aids the protein found in the liver that controls the clotting. Vitamin K also plays a role in bone formation and repair. In the intestines, it helps assist in converting glucose to glycogen. cashews
figs
peaches
pears
pumpkin seeds
Manganese
pistachio
pistachio
Manganese is an antioxidant nutrient that is important in the breakdown of amino acids and the production of energy. Manganese is essential for the metabolism of Vitamin B-1 and E. It is also a catalyst in the breakdown of fats and cholesterol. almonds
brazil nuts
hazelnuts
macadamia nuts
peanuts
pecans
pine nuts
pistachios
walnuts
black walnuts
figs
pears
pineapple
bananas
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
sesame seeds
wheat germ
flaxseed

This article proves How essental Nuts ae for our body as it helps with functiosn of our body.

Now Some Nut Jokes

There was a huge nut tree by the cemetery fence. One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and sat down by the tree, out of sight, and began dividing the nuts. "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me," said one boy. The bucket was so full, several rolled out towards the fence.

Cycling down the road by the cemetery was a third boy. As he passed, he thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery. He slowed down to investigate. Sure enough, he heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you." He knew what it was. "Oh, my God!" he shuddered, "It's Satan and St. Peter dividing the souls at the cemetery!"

He cycled down the road and found an old man with a cane, hobbling along. "Come quick!" he said, "You won't believe what I heard. Satan and St. Peter are down at the cemetery dividing the souls." The old man said, "Shoo, you brat! Can't you see I'm finding it hard to walk as it is!"

After several pleas, the man hobbled to the cemetery and heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one..." The old man whispered, "Boy, you've been tellin' the truth! Let's see if we can see the Devil himself." Shivering with fear, they edged toward the fence, still unable to see anything, but they heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me. And one last one for you. That's all. Let's go get those nuts by the fence, and we'll be done."

They say the old guy made it to town 10 minutes before the boy!

A well dressed car salesman went into a bar to quench his thirst after a long day. He sat down, ordered and began to drink his beer. Almost immediately he heard a strange high-pitched voice say, "Nice tie!" Looking around, he could not discover the source of the voice. Next he heard, "Your taste in clothes is impeccable!" The salesman's eyes darted about the bar, searching. Nothing! And shortly thereafter, "You are obviously a very intelligent man!" Again he could not figure out who was talking or where the voice was coming from. The salesman could not understand what was going on, so he called the bartender over and said, "I keep hearing voices! Where the hell are they coming from?"

The bartender smiled, "Oh, don't let the voices bother you, sir... It's just those complimentary peanuts."

Now Some Questions

Do you enjoy munching on nuts?

Do you like peanut butter jelly sandwich or Reese's peanut butter candy bars?

Are you allergic to peanuts?

Do you miss the peanuts now they no longer give in most flights?

Why do you think every one should eat nuts?

Edited by ramas - 16 years ago
Originally posted by ramas

Do you enjoy munching on nuts? nope

Do you like peanut butter jelly sandwich or Reese's peanut butter candy bars? pbj sandwich

Are you allergic to peanuts? nope

Do you miss the peanuts now they no longer give in most flights? lol i never got peanuts on a flight😆

Why do you think every one should eat nuts? idk i dont like nuts at all😕 they're gross....hmmm cuz they're good for u and give u vitamins? haha idk😆

Happy Nut Day everyone!!!

LOLLLLL grab some nuts sounds soo funnyyyyy 😆
this is a cute day =) happy grab some nuts day everyone
my fave nuts r cashwesss 😛
Very good post di.. though i missed the information part.. hehehe 😳 😳 its too lengthy, will read that later..
For a second i thut it was the other nut...as in nutcase... 😆

Lovely post raksha di... 👏 👏 👏

Happy grab some nuts day to all... 😃 😃
Lovely post Raksha Di 👏

I love Nuts 😃

Happy Grab some nuts day everyone 😆
I love nuts...especially chocolate covered nuts. Happy nuts day to all. I will surely eat nuts today to celebrate.
Happy Grab Some Nuts Day!! 😃
Do you enjoy munching on nuts?

Not really, Im allergic to most of them! 😳

Do you like peanut butter jelly sandwich or Reese's peanut butter candy bars?

Allergic to peanut butter 😳

Are you allergic to peanuts?

Yes

Do you miss the peanuts now they no longer give in most flights?

lolz, well never tasted them, so I guess not

Why do you think every one should eat nuts?

Most nuts have alot of vitamins that helps the body function better.

Happy Nuts day, everyone! 😃 😃
hehe 🤣 can't stop laughing right now 🤣
Happy Grab some nuts day everyone !!
=D great post di, the day itself sounds choo funny 🤣