Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
'I share a cool chemistry with SRK'

Chaitanya Padukone
Monday, July 23, 2007 23:59 IST

That's how Vidya Malawade describes her equation with the superstar, who plays her hockey coach in 'Chak De India'

Popularly known as the 'maska-chaska' girl, former air hostess and model Vidya Malawade is still waiting for her big Bollywood break. Incidentally, Vidya had featured in Mahesh Bhatt's film 'Inteha' opposite Ashmit Patel a few years ago. She had also hosted the show 'Mirchi Top 20' (Zoom), which literally took her places.

And then out of the blue she got the offer from Yash Raj Films to essay the role of the girl's hockey team captain in 'Chak De India'. Though Vidya was reluctant to reveal too many details regarding her role in this Shimit Amin directorial, she shared a few insights.

"I have been a badminton player. I had never played hockey in my life. So when they auditioned me for the role of the captain I was clueless," says Vidya adding, "But I am a kathak dancer and also know western dances like salsa, rumba and tap-dance. That gave them the confidence that I had swift and agile body movements—a must for hockey players." Vidya continues, "They had tested dozens of girls. But they felt that only I was destined to play it. Coincidentally, my character is also called Vidya!"

The aspirant had to go through grueling hockey training for almost six months in Melbourne and Sydney. "At the end of it I became the favourite of the Australian coaches. So much so, that they offered me a job in their hockey team. Most of the other girls comprising the team in the film are all A-level hockey players from different parts of the country," reveals Vidya.

Interestingly, Vidya wasn't awed whilst shooting with co-star Shah Rukh Khan. "That's because I had earlier shot for a car commercial with him. Even otherwise Shah Rukh is an unassuming person, who also guides his co-actors to project their best. He plays my coach Kabeer Khan. I share a cool chemistry with him," insists Vidya who now has three new films in hand including Sanjay Gadhvi's 'Kidnap' and Atul Sabharwal's 'Junction'.

Vidya is disheartened about the fact that her long-completed movie 'Agar' (earlier titled 'Take Two') with Shiney Ahuja hasn't still released. Vidya reveals, "It's a double role of a girl who leads two lives. Shot mostly in Sri Lanka, it's directed by Amit Saxena (of 'Jism' fame). I hope its releases soon," she signs off.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1111398
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Best in the business come together for CHAK DE INDIA

Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network

On the face value, USP of CHAK DE INDIA may appear to be just Shahrukh Khan. Still, if one digs deep down, there is much larger effort that has gone in making this film truly different from what Yash Raj Films has made in the past.

First and foremost the director at the helm is Shimit Amin who could easily be counted as the unlikeliest of all when it comes to associating a film maker with YRF. Otherwise how could one imagine the man behind a gritty AB TAK CHAPPAN to be making a film for the production house which thrives on feel good entertainers?

Well, this is not all as the major part of the film's crew also comprises of technicians who are easily the best in the business.

Jaideep Sahni, the man behind projects as diverse as 'Company', 'Bunty Aur Babli' and 'Khosla Ka Ghosla' pens the screenplay of 'Chak De India'. Amitabh Shukla, who has used his scissors to perfection in films like 'Namastey London', 'Krrish', 'Kabul Express' and 'Bluffmaster' has been roped in as an editor. Sudeep Chatterjee, who has captured the frames of 'Iqbal' and 'Dor' with as much lan as 'Jaan-E-Mann' is the film's cinematographer whereas art director Sukant Panigrahy has left the fantasy world of 'Jhoom Barabar Jhoom' behind to get more realistic with the real drama of 'Chak De India'.

Usual suspects like Ganesh Acharya and Salim-Sulaiman hardly need an introduction as they come together for choreography and music of the film. Last but not the least, with brains of producer Aditya Chopra behind the project, it makes it a 10 out of 10 for 'Chak De India' when it comes to setting the base right for the film.

'Jhoom Barabar Jhoom' may have bombed at the box office but that hasn't stopped Yash Raj Films from being busy. Neck deep into the promotion of 'Chak De India', the country's numero uno film making house has made sure that they deliver nothing but the best for this ambitious Shahrukh Khan starrer.

The film releases on August 10, 2007.

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/07/jul/24_best_in_the_ business_come_together_for_chak_de_india.asp
Reema_J thumbnail
Awesome articles... especially the one above!

I had no clue Vidya was in Chak de... I have seen Inteha and liked her, she's pretty! 😃

As for the game... I'm goin' to say CHAK DE! (I haven't seen Guddu, that's the only reason)! 😳

Next: SRK smokin' at award functions?!
Edited by Reema_J - 16 years ago
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
SRK replaces the girls in Chak De India TV promos

It sure looks like Yash Raj Films is planning to stick to the tried and tested measures for their upcoming film Chak De India starring Shah Rukh Khan and a team full of women hockey players. Brand new billboards of Chak De displayed all over the city and the promos that have hit our television screens are laying more emphasis on King Khan rather than the girls around whom the story revolves.

Initially the Chak De promos had not gone down well and many theatres were withdrawing the ten minute promo as it was being booed and jeered by theatre audiences. Theatre managers felt the emphasis shown on the girls that form the women's hockey team did not go down well with the crowds.

The promos in the theatres showed each individual girl saying Chak De India! in her own regional accent and was pulled off in three days time. And it looks like in order to avoid a repeat, Yash Raj have decided to alter their TV promos. The current promos on television lay greater emphasis on Shah Rukh rather than the girls even though the story is all about a women's hockey team.

With three movies failing to make an impact on the balance sheet, it sure looks like Yash Chopra and gang want to stick to the original formula – bring in the star and the fans will follow!

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/July/News_ 20070711_118
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Chak de

Next: Srk refuse to attend iifa and spending time with family.

Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Chak De screening in LA

India celebrates anniversary in L.A.

Bollywood spices Hollywood with mega-event

By ELIZABETH GUIDER

India is finally getting its day in the L.A. sun courtesy of a mega-showcase of that country's arts, business, technology and spirituality.

There's even a chance to chow down on Indian delicacies and a closing-night dance extravaganza.

Marketed as "India Splendor," the event runs Aug. 10-15 and will focus on Indian cinema. It has lined up a plethora of prominent Indian nationals -- film producers, directors and performers as well as politicos and spiritual gurus -- to participate.

Coinciding with the 60th anniversary of the nation's independence, "India Splendor" is spearheaded by MGlobal Trust in association with ICM and the UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television.

"Our vision has been to bring all the facets of Indian culture, including our booming film industry, to the U.S. in jointly celebrating this momentous mark in history," said Bhupendra Kumar Modi, chairman of Indian conglom MCorp Global.

Idea behind the event is to make Indian culture more accessible to U.S. audiences.

"Indian cinema is an important force, and we are pleased to help lead an exchange of ideas and artistic expression between filmmakers from Mumbai to Los Angeles," added ICM chairman-chief exec Jeffrey Berg.

Veteran India-born Hollywood producer Ashok Amritraj is the event's cultural ambassador. Opening-night film is "Chak de India" (Come on India), which centers on Indian sports-themed pics and is the first Hindi feature to debut day-and-date in India and America. Movie stars Shah Rukh Khan and is directed by Shimit Amin, who will participate after the screening in a Q&A with the film's writer, Jaideep Sahni. There's also a tribute to late Indian film legend Raj Kapoor and a 25th anni screening of "Gandhi."

The fest will unspool at four venues: the Samuel Goldwyn Theater (AMPAS); the Hammer Museum's Billy Wilder Theater; and the James Bridges Theater and Royce Hall, both at UCLA.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117969099.html?categoryid= 13&cs=1
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Chak De creates Bollywood record!

July 26, 2007

Chak de can!

For a long time my tractor driver Kulwant thought that YRF was a tire manufacturer. When I told him it's apne sarson ke khet ka Yash Raj Films, Kulwant's heart swelled like the Jhelum.

Now it will overflow when he comes to know that YRF's next release Chak De! India has created a Bollywood record even before its release. The film has scored its first goal -- it was shot using, ma kasam, a little over 1,500 cans of raw stock!

It outscored Boney Kapoor's Pukar which, thanks to its constant shooting and re-shooting, had consumed about 1,350 cans. If you are wondering what's the big deal, spare a thought for the poor editor; an average Bollywood movie consumes about between 300 and 400 cans.

Last heard, Shah Rukh Khan was exasperatedly asking 'Yeh, Chak De itna footage kyun khaya?' to which director Shimit Amin muttered, 'It's a sports film unlike anything ever seen in India before!'

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/jul/26bpi.htm
Fashion_2005 thumbnail

Who is the sexiest male icon of bollywood with a body like that of a Greek god; also has brains and decency.

HRITHIK ROSHAN 54% (35 votes)
SALMAN KHAN 18% (12 votes)
SHAH RUKH KHAN 23% (15 votes)
AMITABH BACHCHAN 5% (3 votes)

http://magnamags.com/magna_stardust/

Edited by Fashion_2005 - 16 years ago
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
i was going through the channels and on aaj tak i heard that somebody is threating srk from underwrld or something like that am not sure & was'nt able as i don't know how to read hindi but can anybody tell me what's it all about as i am really worried about it thnx
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: Fashion_2005

Who is the sexiest male icon of bollywood with a body like that of a Greek god; also has brains and decency.

HRITHIK ROSHAN 54% (35 votes)
SALMAN KHAN 18% (12 votes)
SHAH RUKH KHAN 23% (15 votes)
AMITABH BACHCHAN 5% (3 votes)

http://magnamags.com/magna_stardust/

very well deserved😛😛