MODS: PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD! - Page 3

Posted: 16 years ago
congo on part 16 every one @ reema will definately try to participate know some of them thnx for having suxh a nice contest
SRK Wont Croon For Asha

Following Sunjay Dutt, Brett Lee and Urmila Matondkar crooning on Asha Bhosle 's ablum, Asha and Friends, it seems he now has her sights set on none other than Shah Rukh Khan.

However, while she is all set to go for a second installment of the album, it seems SRK isn't as he has reportedly refused to take part. Seems SRK begged out of the collaboration citing his films and endorsement commitments.

Asha has roped in Mithun Chakraborty instead.
SRK in wildlife conservation campaign

By Businessofcinema.com Team
16 July 2007, 10:39 AM

MUMBAI: Shah Rukh Khan will soon be seen in Sanskara's wildlife conservation awareness campaign in collaboration with Asian Conservation Awareness Programme (ACAP).

With the support of the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF), the campaign will run on television networks like Doordarshan, National Geographic, Discovery/Animal Planet, CNN IBN, NDTV, India TV, among others. The Airports Authority of India (AAI), Ministry of Civil Aviation, and Parliamentarians in India have also supported the campaign that will start with the broadcast of Shah Rukh Khan's message across all international and domestic airports.

Sanskara Development Trust, along with ACAP / WildAid, will launch a national educational awareness campaign on wildlife conservation. The campaign is a multi–media education and awareness campaign that aims to protect the future of the world's endangered wildlife by drastically reducing consumer demand for endangered species parts and products.

Khan highlights the challenges faced by forest guards in protecting India's wildlife in his message, "He is our nation's unsung hero - the Indian Forest Guard. He is a real life hero because he does this to save the jungle, and the animals that live there. Day in and day out, he is matching wits and battling powerful enemies - wildlife poachers and timber smugglers, and he is willing to lay down his life for this."

"We hope that the momentum of this powerful and unique campaign will help compliment India's ongoing efforts to save its remaining wildlife and its threatened habitats," added ACAP / WildAid senior consultant and Sanskara Development Trust managing trustee Aneetaa Malhotra.

"With continuous and sustained support from Indian celebrities and by working in collaboration with the Indian Government, associations such as the AAI, media, businesses, conservationists and the public, ACAP in collaboration with Sanskara is building long term support for India's as well as the world's wildlife and natural heritage," said WildAid founding director and ACAP director Steve Trent.

Sanskara Development Trust is a non profit organization, which aims to build support for the preservation of wildlife and its natural habitat through innovative programs and projects, working collectively with Governments, NGO's, Corporates and local communities.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/?file=story&id=4383
Chak de phatte πŸ˜›

Next: Srk wearing tag watch
Chak de phatteπŸ‘

shahrukh wearing glasses 😳
SRK to buy10% pie in Bag Glamour

Aminah Sheikh / Mumbai July 27, 2007

Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan and wife Gauri Khan will buy 10 per cent stake in BAG Glamour, the new entity promoted by Anuradha Prasad. BAG Glamour, which will soon launch channels in the entertainment and lifestyle space, is part of the the parent company BAG Films & Media Ltd. Sources confirmed the development adding that the actor and his spouse will hold the stake in their personal capacity. The other investors in BAG Glamour will be India Bulls' promoter Sameer Gehlaut, who will buy 15 per cent, Kolkata-based private investor High Growth will have 15 per cent, and the remaining 60 per cent will be held by the parent company and promoters such as Anuradha Prasad, Rajiv Shukla among others.

When contacted, Chairman and Managing Director, BAG Films & Media, Anuradha Prasad declined to comment. Khan has been dabbling in the entertainment space though this is the first time that he will invest in a TV channel and production house. Earlier, Khan had floated film production house Dreamz Unlimited with actor Juhi Chawla. He also launched Red Chillies Entertainment, a film production house in 2004. BAG Films & Media, apart from producing television shows, also operates in the radio space, under the brand name Radio Dhamaal, via a separate entity BAG Infotainment. The company has announced plans to diversify into television broadcasting and will launch channels in the non-news and news segment. While the non-news channels will operate under BAG Glamour, the news channels will come under BAG Newsline. The channels are expected to go on air by 2008.

http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage.php?autono =292466&leftnm=8&subLeft=0&chk Flg=
Chak de

Next: Srk in shirwani 😳
chak de patte

shahrukh in don
The last Indian superstar

Our Bollywood film critic talks hockey and greatness with Indian hero Shah Rukh Khan

Anil Sinanan

I arrive for my 5pm appointment with Shah Rukh Khan at the plush Yash Raj Studios in Bombay, only to be told: "I am afraid Mr Khan is running a little late."

This is no surprise: Khan is a busy man. The star of more than 50 films and with a fan base that's numbered in the billions (Bollywood has a global audience of 3.6 billion; Hollywood has 2.5 billion) it is the consistent success of his films that was directly responsible for putting Bollywood as we know it on the global cinematic map.

Born in 1965 in New Delhi, Khan entered Bollywood via theatre and television in the 1980s. Initially, his success was based on his antihero turns in Baazigar and Darr, both released in 1993. In 1995 he resurrected the good romantic hero in the blockbuster Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) – or DDLJ, as it is known – which widened his fan base and took Indian cinema to an international audience.

This was the first film to include a positive "untainted by the evils of the West" nonresident Indian (NRI) character. It spoke to the NRIs of the world, who returned to the cinema in droves. His subsequent NRI hits such as Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001) entrenched Khan's hold on the domestic and overseas box office.

So it is that all of five-and-a-half hours after the appointed time that I finally meet "King" Khan. He is dressed in jeans and a crisp white shirt, and wearing large sunglasses, because of an eye infection. Even without being able to see his eyes I think he looks tired.

Luckily, he lives up to his bubbly reputation and chats away about his next release, Chak de India (Go for it, India!), which next month becomes the first Indian film to be given a London open air premiere. In the film he plays a hockey coach who trains a girls' team. Traditonally, hockey is India's national sport – Indians invented the game – but in recent times its popularity has slipped behind those of cricket and football. Does he hope that his film will revive interest in the game?

"I think the reason Indian hockey went down was due to the change in the format of the game, from one that was skill-based to one based on physical strength," Khan explains. "If, in this country of one billion people, six girls and two boys decide to take up hockey after seeing the film I think I will have succeeded in passing on a message of the importance of hockey as an art form."

But Khan is taking a professional risk. With the exception of the Oscar-nominated Lagaan (2001), which dealt with cricket, there are hardly any successful sporting Indian films. Was he aware that the film may fail? "If people such as me who are at the top of our work do not take chances and make different kinds of cinema, no one else will," the actor reasons.

And Khan's mission may well succeed – Bollywood stars are treated like gods. Why is this so? "In this country entertainment is the last achievement for the common man," he says. "People regard me as taking away their everyday sadness for three hours, when they can sit in a dark, air-conditioned hall and see me fulfil their dreams. Shah Rukh Khan gives hope to people."

He is right: he is often dismissed by critics as a ham actor with five basic expressions, but Indian audiences do not really care about acting ability. It is star quality that matters and Khan's energetic, endearing and cheeky screen presence is the key to his appeal.

So what's next for King Khan? Has he thought of going back to his theatre origins, perhaps in London's West End? "I do not think my accent is right for the West End," he smiles. "And I don't have the time."

As I take my leave – at midnight – I ask him about Bollywood's future. "The entertainment industry is changing rapidly, with the growth of satellite channels and multiplexes. Soon there will not be any superstars. I would like to believe that I am the last superstar of India."

Chak de India will be shown on Aug 9 as part of the Somerset House Summer Screenings, London WC2 (0870 4000603). somersethouse.org.uk/film

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertai nment/film/bollywood/article2139370.ece
chak de phatte πŸ˜ƒ

Next: Srk in Deewana