9thAug, Angad rocks, he rocks, he rocks!

Posted: 18 years ago
Warning: don't miss the first set of the show -- incredible eye-candy for all the poor starving souls on this IF! :-) KS' mom is EVIL mom! She is mean enough to pull at her daughter's concerns for her family to push for a marriage between GnarlyGnome and KS! EVIL mom! The other evil mom is also pushing at her children's buttons. AK has iron burnt into his heart, but poor Karthik  keeps getting hit again and again. why has this show suddenly taken a turn to emphasise mothers as evil?  On to the show.

The first set is conversation between Prithvi and KS' mom. While Prithvi recognises that KS is still far away from starting a rational new life, evil KS mom keeps persuading him that he must push to become Mr. KS. Poor Prithvi is so very unconvinced, but there is a part of him that hopelessly wants to be with KS. For the first time in the show ever, I felt sad for Prithvi. His eyes show this helpless optimism that someone - anyone! - wants him&KS to be together. Evil KS mom tells him to talk to KS, and that she would prime KS to be ready to accept Prithvi. (Evil, evil, evil!)

At the window in her room, KS is staring out at a new moon shadowed by clouds in the sky. It casts a light on parts of her face, her eyes shining in the dark. At the window in his room, AK is staring out at the same moon. The camera flashes between the two quietly longing faces; the look on both faces are almost alike - it's as if neither knows the longing is there. They're both flashing back to the memories of "AK&KS forever". The camera stays and stays on these two lovely faces and you want it to never go away.

Do I _have_ to say more to convince you that you HAVE to watch the first ten minutes of the show?  :-)

Evil KS mom comes into her room for a chat before she leaves.   As they are chatting, she casually introduces the idea of KS and Prithvi getting together. KS trashes the idea. She is far too empty of any normal feeling to give Prithvi any love back and she likes him too much to do that to him. (my hero! she said what I expected her to all along!) 

That's when KS mom starts revealing her dark side. She throws questions in rapid succession at KS: what will people say?  KS has a very cool rejoinder: as long as you know the truth and I know the truth, what does it matter what people say?! Evil KS mom comes back with: KS is famous, now they will all gossip about KS&Prithvi. KS is getting agitated: she will NOT do this to Prithvi or herself - after all that she has gone through, it makes no sense to live her life by other people's opinions! EVIL KS mom then throws the last barb: think of your father and I, we WANT you to do this. And then like the evil, craven, manipulative person she is, she coyly retreats behind: you think about it, and then you do whatever _you_ want! Yeah right, evil mom! After all that mental badgering, does the kid have a choice??!  Evil KS mom retreats to her room, where sunlight is never allowed to enter, to pack her bags to return home.

In a beautiful mirror of what is happening to KS, evil AK mom comes to AK's room! Naina walks to AK at the window and starts on the spiel of all-is-not-lost, we-can-still-recover-our-life, you-just-get-cracking-on-for getting-what-happened, you-just-start-working-on-rebuilding -your-career, you'll-be-back-on-top-again. AK listens to her, unmoved, until she says that last line, and then (oh, this was SOO beautifully done!) he laughs in her face! "Everything is finished, mom. _I'm_ finished!" And he walks away from her. She looks shattered, he looks happy!

(MIKhan, you rock!)

Naina is back at one of her favourite pasttimes, beating up on poor Karthik. Tall, dark, lean-and-mean-in-a-suit Karthik, who deserves a break. She tells him of how AK laughed in her face at their downfall. That he will be of no help. That Karthik is equally useless. That KS is to be blamed. That KS must be destroyed. That no-one but her can do anything about destroying KS. Does she ever acknowledge that nothing that anyone has done so far has had a diddly-squat impact on reducing KS' rise to fame and wealth??!  

(It always feels like the actress came to shoot that morning, wasn't given any new lines, and just repeats the set of lines that she was first given when she landed to play the part of Naina. I seriously think that KYPH writers are forgetting to give her the right script/lines - she keeps sounding so badly out of sync with reality!)

KS is unable to sleep. She keeps thinking of what her mother said, juxtaposed with her memories of how much Prithvi has helped her and stood by her. She tosses and turns. As she does, she catches sight of a dark figure at her window! It's in a leather jacket! It's got dark jeans! It's hooded! What is it??! She calls out - no, not to Prithvi or her mom for help, but to the figure!! "Who is that?" And then guess what?  As the figure vanishes, our lady follows it outside the house!  ALONE! (I guess the KYPH writers have gotten so exhausted from great writing that they HAD to give their brains a break for a short while. Or they are as convinced as I am that KS is a superhero..)

As she wander outside ALONE, the figure grabs her from behind. It is tall, it is broad, it has a knife in it's hand that it flashes in her face. She grabs an opportunity to tear the hands away and shout out for ... "PRITHVI!"  She continues struggling. From behind them, the GnarlyGnome comes up and is aghast at what he sees. He's _so_ aghast that he continues watching for a while (the KYPH writer's brains are still on holiday here..) Finally, he comes to his senses (KYPH writers' brains return from holiday) and he rushes towards the struggling twosome.

The figure senses Prithvi and dashes away from KS. But he's a slowpoke. Prithvi catches up with him; they struggle, both trying to get a hold of each other. The shadowy figure gets a temporary advantage and lands a vicious  blow onto Prithvi's forehead. In a disappointing no-show, my superhero KS only watches horrified from a distance and doesn't come to rescue _Prithvi_. I guess she only comes to the rescue of _certain_persons_.

The figure dashes away, and Prithvi is okay but for a long cut on his forehead. KS is dazed and confused, asking him if he is alright. And Prithvi loses all his courtliness and gentlemanliness, as he gazes at KS in what could've been real fear if he had been played by MIKhan. :-) He grabs KS' face between both his hands and swears that he wouldn't survive if he lost her, that he would never allow anything to happen to her ever, and clasping her to his now-manly heaving chest, asks "Will you marry me?"  KS is frozen in incomprehension.

(Actually, the scene was well-done. The guy who plays Prithvi did a half decent job, and I guess we can justify KS being so frozen given everything that has just happened to her.)

Another person who stands frozen behind the pair is .... AK!  He's still and shocked to see what's happening in front of his eyes. The three stand looking at each other in a frozen tableau until Prithvi stirs himself and asks him what he's doing here?! KS snaps out of being frozen and she is vibrating with life again. "Yes, what is it that you are here to say now?" It turns out our boy has come to thank KS.  :-)  Prithvi tries giving him the cold shoulder, and begins to take KS away, when AK pleads to KS that she could at least hear what he has to say! KS stops. She walks slowly and with finality to AK until she stands right in front of and close to him, and tells him that she doesn't want his thanks. She didn't do it to save him, she did it to save her self-respect, her soul, her values, her commitment to the truth. His life, his career has nothing to do with it. She is committed to destroying him always. He is looking at her, down and close into her eyes, seeing the finality, the futility of discussion or argument. He doesn't even try. He says "okay, good luck, and I'll leave now", turns around and walks away.

(MIKhan, you ROCK.)

Back at home, KS is bandaiding the cut on Prithvi's forehead. She asks haltingly what he'd meant by his outburst out in the garden. Gnarly Gnome Prithvi shakes his said and tells her that it was a mistake; he had said things in the heat of the moment and he knows it was unfair. KS is unflatteringly relieved -- she has her vengence business to get done before she can think of going forward. Prithvi is understanding: he will do all he can to help her get rid of her past memories so that she can start a beautiful new life. The last shot is of KS' face, which is bleak. She does not have much hope that she will ever be able to put AK away..

End of show.

Preview for next week: Naina is screaming her head off - "How can you have so thoughtlessly sold all your shares?! Do you know what you have done? Do you have a CLUE about who you sold it to? Who are these PK Enterprises? How could you have done this?" And the camera pans to ... AK! (Looking dashing and debonair in a black t-shirt, BTW, for those who are interested in the finer aspects of life.) Naina's tirade continues - she is obviously panicking very badly. AK continues to ignore her; he's taking down his musical instruments, one by one: a guitar, a sax -- is he getting ready to leave for somewhere?  When she yells that they don't even know who the buyers are, he turns with a look of fake surprise towards Naina. "Oh, we do know who the buyers are, very well actually." Sarcastic Naina, "Oh yes?  Who?" Blase AK, "It's Kripa!" (Ta tadaa!)

(OKAY! Still loving the show, folks. MIKhan rocks. Moms' in this serial seriously suck. :-( I wonder why the KYPH writers have such an anti-mom bias...

Of course, the big question is: who was the figure in black??!  At first, when I saw AK standing behind Prithvi and KS, when I thought he looked sweaty and hot -- as if he'd been running! -- I thought in horror that perhaps he was the one at the window. But (a) it made no sense and (b) AK had a perfectly good reason to be there. Then something clicked!  It could've been Josh! Same frame, good height, same type of clothes :-)

Josh could've known that AK was coming to see KS to thank her. He might have staged the whole I'm-a-villain-and-here-to-kidnap/kill-KS-come-rescue- her! to show up AK in a good light. The only problem was that instead of AK, Prithvi landed up instead. It could've been Josh just trying to help his friend...)

Edited by elizabeth - 18 years ago
well thanks alot for the updae dear 😊
Thanx soo much for the update!
thanks for the update !
😊
thanks alot for the update th was alot of troouble i suppose
thanks alot
love
Aafreen.
thanx lot for lovely update...

~sweta~
great update! thanks! and i definately will not miss the first 10 mins.. 😉
thanks for the update ...it was very well written!
Liz, you rock dudette!

Even I hate the attitudes of moms in KYPH amd I was really irritated by Kripa's mom.Let Kripa be...if her mom wants a son-in-law, she just has to wait for misunderstandings to get resolved and she'll have Rockstar Angad as her son-in-law 😳 and cute babies as her grandchilderen. 😛