Debate Mansion

Ghar Aaya Dushman Bhi Mehmaan

JhoomBJhoom thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
You must have heard that Ghar aaya dushman bhi mehmaan hota hai.  Can it be possible in today's world.  Sometime I am not sure about our mehmaan either- may be they are worst than dushman.  Someone said it right- known dushman is better than unknown dushman (in the form of friend).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Lol that is true -  aaj kaal to kuch mehmaan bhi dushman ban jaate hai.

Thw world today is way too competitive and in this layug era, is is good not to trust anyone readily. If anyone comes to your place, of course treat them well. Chaay pani pucho, baithne ko bola aur fir kya kaam hai pucho. There is no need to treat all guests as Gods if you have no clue what the person is about.

raunaq thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rutumodi915

Lol that is true - aaj kaal to kuch mehmaan bhi dushman ban jaate hai.

Thw world today is way too competitive and in this layug era, is is good not to trust anyone readily. If anyone comes to your place, of course treat them well. Chaay pani pucho, baithne ko bola aur fir kya kaam hai pucho. There is no need to treat all guests as Gods if you have no clue what the person is about.

do people do that? 😕 😕 😕
season915 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: raunaq

do people do that? 😕 😕 😕

Lol not literally.

But there is a Sanskrit saying: "Atithi devo bhava" which means, " Treat your guests like God/Godess". Back in the day, guests were placed on a very pedestal and I am quite sure that even today in villages, guests are very well respected!

Edited by rutumodi915 - 16 years ago
JhoomBJhoom thumbnail
Villagers are getting smarter and I do not think so they put their guests on pedestals any more.
season915 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: JhoomBJhoom

Villagers are getting smarter and I do not think so they put their guests on pedestals any more.

Oh yeah definitely they are gettign smarter. But, they do still respect anyone that comes their way and treat them well, unike the urban population. That is what I meant. I do not think that there is anything wrong in respecting people.

No offence to anyone who lives in villages. In fact, I totally adore how simple (exceptions are alwys there) they are and how kind they are!

Edited by rutumodi915 - 16 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
We do treat our  guests with respect but what do u do when guests sometimes forget to respect the host .

We had one very bad experience during my son's engagement with one of the guests. Who wants dushman when we have mehmaan like him 🤬

That was end of that old dude who was not fit to be in any social gatherings 😳 Believe me we had no control over him being there 😳
Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
season915 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Dabulls23

We do treat our  guests with respect but what do u do when guests sometimes forget to respect the host .

We had one very bad experience during my son's engagement with one of the guests. Who wants dushman when we have mehmaan like him 🤬

That was end of that old dude who was not fit to be in any social gatherings 😳 Believe me we had no control over him being there 😳

I agree with you on the underlined part...

😆 ðŸ˜† @ the emoticons and the old dude

raunaq thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dabulls23

We do treatour guests with respect butwhat do u do when guests sometimes forget to respect the host . We had one very bad experience during my son's engagement with one of the guests. Who wants dushman when we have mehmaan like him 🤬 That was end of that old dude who was not fit to be in any social gatherings 😳 Believe me we had no control over him being there 😳

😆 😆 😆 too funny, aaj sub ko subah subah kya hogaya hai 😆
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
first of all, why is the dushman at your place in the first place. if its to fight and to further the dushmani then i will show him the door the second he walks in.

if he comes for help, i will be polite like asking them to drink something and sit for a bit but i will not help!