Users

Frequent Posters

simplyskud thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: chatbuster

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

i agree with you on all points here. and i mean all.πŸ˜‰

as for ID questioning Asha's decision, short of the fact that any tom dick and harry can spout off whatever they want, he really does not have much credibility imo. i mean, how on earth would he know what it takes to sing well? he cant even make it as an MD and he's questioning her on singing.πŸ˜† someone should tell him that asha is like a good fraction of what good indian music is all about. if she wont know, then would he? does he really think that good singing is about being able to keep on with kisna kisna all the time?πŸ˜†

Exactly my point. ID often shoots off his mouth - it's not the first time that he has gone beyond reasoning and said something like that .... just after the music of Kisna got released, ID went ahead and proclaimed himself better than AR Rehman ... here's the interview link ....

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/mar/08minter1.htm

The fact remains that of all the mentors out there on the show he is the one who has the least work .... even though he had his moments of fame, they are few and far between now ... With so much media attention being grabbed by all the other music directors, he does resort to acerbic dialogues and face-to-face confrontations on the show to gather his pie of fame .... slandering ofcourse won't be that difficult either ...

πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

What makes one a legend?

for starters, someone who is like a good fraction of what all of hindi film music is all about. take asha and lata out, and we get close to zilch. hope that answers the question😊

Anyone who is of olden era? Should people get respect only when they get old? Any young blood is always wrong?

course not. but when has ID been right? πŸ˜›

The point here is not what Manohari Singh said but how he said it. He might be a respected legend but he has no right to call a Music composer of ID's stature liar or such names or for that matter being a legend doesn't give him  right to call anyone any names.

what stature does ID have? i mean a couple of quality songs and not much in terms of quantity. that makes up stature? sure sure, in his mind he has the stature to question a singer like asha on singing. after all, doesnt he do kisna kisna really well? πŸ˜†

Why can't ID  question Asha Bhonsale's decision? If he used bad words then that is not right but ridiculing someone just because he questioned someone of Asha ji's stature is not done.

not ridiculing. just discussingπŸ˜‰

Asha Bhonsale has said and done so many unlegend like things in her time and even now. No one should command respect just because one is old. Bad language at any age is not right.

true😊 hopefully we are all commenting on their professional lives/ accomplishments. and in that respect, we have ID on one end of the spectrum, and asha on the other. lots of hot air betweenπŸ˜†

simplyskud thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maya_M

It is true for every era. If we dissect each single musician or singer then we will find so many such truths. Then as the years pass they become legends and command respect and then have the audacity to say that in their time everyone respected other unlike today's youngsters. Ofcourse fans will defend those legends.

I don't deny that there have been instances and occurrences in the past where music industry has have their pitfalls but in the present day rat race with so much viable media attention .... people often have resorted to cheap tactics, stunts and publicities. No one can deny that ... every other day on every other news channel, we see a whole lot of slandering going on and on ... especially in the film and music industry. Things have only gotten worse, more murkier and more worse ... that's the bottomline.

😊 πŸ˜Š

kabhi_21 thumbnail
ID ka DOTW tha tab koi bola nahi.... abhi sab bol rahe hain πŸ˜†
joypaul thumbnail
Are baaba, why is everyone out here to cirticise ID?? From what i remember, he said that his father had actually played the saxophone for that song, but he never got the credit for it. Angered by this, ID promised himself that he would get back by becoming famous one day and make his father proud.

Naturally, his fathers name will not be mentioned anywhere for that song, since as ID mentioned he never got credit for the song. Who know's what is the actual truth? The world is ful of lies, why blame only Id for it, just because he speaks straight? I find this absurd.

As far as I am concerned, we are discussing him because he ia mentor of SRGMP, he is the tue mentor in every sense, since he works hard with his students and also fights for them when necessary. Gharanas are made for a purpose and it is very mentor's duty to support people of their gharana unlike Himesh, who was the cause for the ouster of his students in favour of mauli.

Originally posted by: kabhi_21

ID ka DOTW tha tab koi bola nahi.... abhi sab bol rahe hain πŸ˜†

Abhi Kabhi, Baat pate ki hai πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Prenz~13 thumbnail
i dont know wat 2 believe....but i guess dis is a normal practice in d industry...riteful credit not given 4 songs..or sumtimes jus saying sum1s name 4 a song dey never recorded...
both ID and Manoharilal ji are respected in d industry....ab sach kya hai, we dont no do we?
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: joypaul

Are baaba, why is everyone out here to cirticise ID??

criticize naheen. analyze bolo, analyzeπŸ˜†

From what i remember, he said that his father had actually played the saxophone for that song, but he never got the credit for it. Angered by this, ID promised himself that he would get back by becoming famous one day and make his father proud.

this is what he says, doesnt he?😊

Naturally, his fathers name will not be mentioned anywhere for that song, since as ID mentioned he never got credit for the song. Who know's what is the actual truth? The world is ful of lies, why blame only Id for it, just because he speaks straight? I find this absurd.

dont know about straight, but he sure speaks without tact😊

As far as I am concerned, we are discussing him because he ia mentor of SRGMP, he is the tue mentor in every sense, since he works hard with his students and also fights for them when necessary. Gharanas are made for a purpose and it is very mentor's duty to support people of their gharana unlike Himesh, who was the cause for the ouster of his students in favour of mauli.

sure. like the vada pau comment for his own gharana member. for the lousy things he occasionally told his own "student" twinkle. for supporting mauli while his own contestants were getting eliminated. sure sure, good mentorπŸ˜†

Originally posted by: simplyskud

I don't deny that there have been instances and occurrences in the past where music industry has have their pitfalls but in the present day rat race with so much viable media attention .... people often have resorted to cheap tactics, stunts and publicities. No one can deny that ... every other day on every other news channel, we see a whole lot of slandering going on and on ... especially in the film and music industry. Things have only gotten worse, more murkier and more worse ... that's the bottomline.

😊 πŸ˜Š

Blame it on media for exposing them. The truth is mindset is still the same which was existent in the 40s and 50s and so on. Jealousy, competition, backstabbing all were and still are part and parcel of Music industry.