Act of Ismail-must read..!! - Page 4

Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by amarendu

Yes, quite true that this sort of things happen. But a Manohari Singh is not made through fluke. The respect that he earns is because of his talent. So many music directors have trusted upon him from time to time....he does not need to claim things at this age to prove anything....he is a legend in his own right....note that in all his interviews that have been posted in this thread, he gives due to other fellow musicians where it is due.

Anything is possible from a person who has the audacity to demean greats like Asha-ji and Khayyam-saab.

What makes one a legend? Anyone who is of olden era? Should people get respect only when they get old? Any young blood is always wrong?

The point here is not what Manohari Singh said but how he said it. He might be a respected legend but he has no right to call a Music composer of ID's stature liar or such names or for that matter being a legend doesn't give him  right to call anyone any names.

Why can't ID  question Asha Bhonsale's decision? If he used bad words then that is not right but ridiculing someone just because he questioned someone of Asha ji's stature is not done. Asha Bhonsale has said and done so many unlegend like things in her time and even now. No one should command respect just because one is old. Bad language at any age is not right.

Originally posted by Maya_M

That could be true because I read an interview of ID where he mentioned how his father was cheated many times and never got his due. May be this could be that case. It has happened to KL Sehgal too.

Good point Punjini ji. Maybe that's also why ID was saying he would take his father's revenge by becoming an MD.

Originally posted by Jaadoogar

I remember you defended what Abhijeet said against Bappida, and now you are saying ID demean greats becuase he questioned their deicsion in respectful manner... It seems like for you abusing is better than objecting a decision in respectful manner.... What can I say further...

Mods: Is this considered personal?

To reply to you, I have always believed in calling a spade a spade. Yes, I did defend Abhijeet because what he was telling was basically of great substance (though I have maintained that he should have measured his words). I also believe that respect does NOT come with age (so Bappida being a senior does not automatically qualify him to be respected just because of his seniority in the showbiz industry). It has to be earned. And please don't equate the respect that Ashaji and Khayyam saab should command to that of Bappida. They have worked hard for earning this respect through original work! 

In this instance, it is no different. I am not at any instance suggesting that being a senior Manohari-da should automatically command respect, or that ID should not have questioned the decisions. It was the manner. You are taking about respect? Did you not see how ID showed his mood, and walked off from the sets? That's a proper manner? VS was discussing with Khayyam saab, and ID chose to walf off! By demeaning, I meant that behavior on the sets (we were fortunate to see a part of it, most of the more offensive part might have been edited).

In this case, when there are so many proofs to the contrary of what ID claimed, the bluff should rightly be called.

Edited by amarendu - 16 years ago
Originally posted by shadyhtown

Good point Punjini ji. Maybe that's also why ID was saying he would take his father's revenge by becoming an MD.

ID also said he would not rest in peace till he made nihira a star. ID ka kya, woh toh kuch bhee bol dega. πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by chatbuster

ID also said he would not rest in peace till he made nihira a star. ID ka kya, woh toh kuch bhee bol dega. πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

The one chance he got after that - for an album - he had her sing for that. Jab rest karega tab baat karenge.. abhi tak to nahi kiya - kiya kya? πŸ˜›

ID chose to walk off! That's worse than using abusive language.

πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Edited by shadyhtown - 16 years ago

Mods: Is this considered personal?

To reply to you, I have always believed in calling a spade a spade. Yes, I did defend Abhijeet because what he was telling was basically of great substance (though I have maintained that he should have measured his words). I also believe that respect does NOT come with age (so Bappida being a senior does not automatically qualify him to be respected just because of his seniority in the showbiz industry). It has to be earned. And please don't equate the respect that Ashaji and Khayyam saab should command to that of Bappida. They have worked hard for earning this respect through original work! 

In this instance, it is no different. I am not at any instance suggesting that being a senior Manohari-da should automatically command respect, or that ID should not have questioned the decisions. It was the manner. You are taking about respect? Did you not see how ID showed his mood, and walked off from the sets? That's a proper manner? VS was discussing with Khayyam saab, and ID chose to walf off! That's worse than using abusive language. By demeaning, I meant that behavior on the sets (we were fortunate to see a part of it, most of the more offensive part might have been edited).

In this case, when there are so many proofs to the contrary of what ID claimed, the bluff should rightly be called.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

i agree with you on all points here. and i mean all.πŸ˜‰

as for ID questioning Asha's decision, short of the fact that any tom dick and harry can spout off whatever they want, he really does not have much credibility imo. i mean, how on earth would he know what it takes to sing well? he cant even make it as an MD and he's questioning her on singing.πŸ˜† someone should tell him that asha is like a good fraction of what good indian music is all about. if she wont know, then would he? does he really think that good singing is about being able to keep on with kisna kisna all the time?πŸ˜†

πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

πŸ˜†
Originally posted by punjini

πŸ˜†

Sorry, I have corrected this is my original post. I was probably thinking of something and wrote something elseπŸ˜‰

The one chance he got after that - for an album - he had her sing for that. Jab rest karega tab baat karenge.. abhi tak to nahi kiya - kiya kya? πŸ˜›

haha, so he's not getting enough rest these days? πŸ˜†he's actually working and not resting in peace except for when he's on sgmp, isnt he?πŸ˜† πŸ˜›

i suppose making an odd album or two is hard work for him, no?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Edited by chatbuster - 16 years ago