Interview of Kavita Barjatya

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

"I am just executing Sooraj-ji's dream"

With her petite frame and soft looks, Kavita Barjatya could well fit into any of the Rajshri Productions' emotion

packed family flicks. But this young Barjatya, just out of college, is made of different stuff. After a gruelling training period with brother Sooraj, she is just getting ready to head the newly formed television division under the Rajshri banner.

You have a film background. How did television happen to the Barjatyas and to you in particular?
We have done television earlier, way back in 1984. Now that Rajshris decided to foray full time into television, we also needed who would be dedicated fulltime to it. Also, we wanted someone from the family who would have constant access to Sooraj-ji to plan the course of action of the TV division.
I spent time training under Sooraj-ji, on pre-production, post-production and strategising and now I think I am equipped to handle the division. Actually, it is Sooraj-ji's dream that I am executing!

How did 'Woh Rehne Wali Mahalon Ki' take shape?
We started off a year ago, took the project to Sahara where it was approved immediately. I started with a few production people, a creative head, writers...we are growing as the project grows. We have been in production since February this year. Currently, we hire studios but might acquire our own as we go along.

So, what will be your unique stamp on your work?
My stamp will be the Rajshri stamp. He is overseeing the creative and the scripts are checked by him, a process that we will continue. I will handle the day to day operations.

Have you finalised any new projects for television?
We have been approached by other channels but so far, we haven't finalised anything.

source: telly chakkar