Rules & Announcements

Skype support added to India Forums

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

hello friends,

I have a good news to share if you are a bit bored with text based chats and want to really talk to your friend who is staying any part of the world at ZERO cost then Skype is the solution.

We have added Skype support to our member profiles! If you have a Skype account members to India Forums can call you on Skype through your profile or simply by clicking on your Skype Me button will be seen to Members only.

Skype is a free Pc-to-Pc telephone service available through skype.com. Skype (pronounced to rhyme with ripe) is a proprietary peer-to-peer internet telephony (VoIP) network, founded by Niklas Zennstrm and Janus Friis, the creators of Kazaa. The network is provided by all combined users of the free desktop software application.

Skype users can speak to other Skype users for free, call traditional telephone numbers for a fee (SkypeOut), receive calls from traditional phones for a fee (SkypeIn), and receive voicemail messages for a fee.

The basic computer-to-computer service allows users to speak, to send text messages or to send files to one another from their computers via the Internet at no cost (Yes it's FREE!)

Ok, how do I start using this?

It is very simple. All you need to do is go to Settings --> click on Edit Profile --> and put in your Skype id there. You will see the skype icon in your post as u see in this post of mine.

We are sure that you will like this feature and will enjoy it.

Edited by vijay - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

heart*beat thumbnail
wow cool! thanks for this!πŸ˜ƒ
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Oh WOW . Thats great , now I can get to hear the voices of all my friends all around the world. I have already tested it by calling from my phone to a skype subscriber and I love it.  Remember the times you have all been getting annoyed when you are not able to chat with someone and we mods delete the messages if you did happen to post on the sections here is the answer to that problem. So no more typing or waiting for replies.

Guys c'mon are you Skyping. I just added mine and you can too and the best part its so simple.

QT143 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
wow! this is kewl! thanx for info lakz!
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
That is so awesome!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜ƒ
sukh thumbnail
so much thax,,,,,,,,,,,,,πŸ‘
sukh thumbnail

i did it but it.

but when i click onthat. it gives me a messege that 9net meeting) could not place  a call....

plz help me..... πŸ˜•

Chatoyant. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Kool , Thanx a lot !!
sweetrani_neha thumbnail
Well I added it! πŸ˜›.. let's see if it works for me as my computer is very incompatible wit new thingsπŸ˜† Thanks laks and vijay for this great feature!
*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks Vijay for introducing this cool feature. Good idea, as usual.πŸ‘