ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Deepa Mehta and Amitabh to lock in on project?

June 8, 2007 - 11:19 IST

They are about to honour her at IIFA as the brightest Indian director abroad. And Deepa is touched and amused. "All my career I've fought the label of the NRI director. And now when I'm being honoured by my own movie industry I've finally come to terms with the NRI label," says Deepa from Yorkshire.

She's attending the IIFA for the first time. "The most interesting part of IIFA is that I get to meet filmmakers from India. I just attended a symposium on Satyajit Ray along with Rituparno Ghosh and others. It was just so satisfying."

More satisfying still was Deepa's meeting with Mr Bachchan. . "Our meeting was long due. And we needed to sort some things out. There's no way I'm going to exclude him from Exclusion. It's my dream project."

The two have discussed the nitty-gritty of the project. "In principle Mr Bachchan loves the idea. I'd have finished the script if it wasn't for my father's death. Because of this I'm not up to writing right now and have accepted to direct an outside script (Warner Brothers' Luna) first. But Exclusion with Mr Bachchan is definitely on next."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sujaal2005 thumbnail
is big B aiming Oscars Edited by sujaal2005 - 16 years ago
lucky_lakshmi thumbnail
wow...I cant wait for Exclusion....Deeppa is a fa director and Big B a fab actor..this combo will rock...lolz...Mira Nair and Deepa Mehta on tug-over Big B war! 😆