In the name of entertainment?

Posted: 16 years ago

Bollywood makes movies based on facts of life or rosy life, but finally its entertainment. What I wanna focus is

1. Should all movie have happy ending?

2. Is it entertaining to see movies like ek dujey key liye where ending unfortuntely is not happy?

Hope you understand and provide + and - arguements.

Thanks!

Originally posted by raj5000

Bollywood makes movies based on facts of life or rosy life, but finally its entertainment. What I wanna focus is

1. Should all movie have happy ending?

2. Is it entertaining to see movies like ek dujey key liye where ending unfortuntely is not happy?

Hope you understand and provide + and - arguements.

Thanks!

another good topic Anshu ,

No entertainment doesn't means happy ending or sad ending .. End depends on  over all plot .. my all time fav movie is sahab bibi ghulam end was not happy but was perfect for the story

to watch a good movie is entertainment either sad or happy 😊

Edited by Morning_Dew - 16 years ago
as long as the ending suits the story its fine. happy or unhappy doesnt matter. however, the ending of art movies depict reality and those type of endings are sometimes hard to accept but they are praiseworthy. depends on the story how the ending should be, some movies have unusual ending and its closer to reality. rosy type endings all the time can be monotonous, therefore, all types of ending should be incorporated in cinema πŸ˜› . Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
Originally posted by Morning_Dew

another good topic Anshu ,

No entertainment doesn't means happy ending or sad ending .. End depends on  over all plot .. my all time fav movie is sahab bibi ghulam end was not happy but was perfect for the story

to watch a good movie is entertainment either sad or happy 😊

very well said dewey.  I watched hazaron khwahishey aisi last weekend and loved it....ending was very sad indeed😊...and my shiney was in it😳

raunaq.....like your views as well😊

Edited by Gauri_3 - 16 years ago
The ending of the movie should ideally match the script of the movie...  and be as close to reality as possible...

Rosy endings makes us feel happy... ultimately we watch movies for entertainment.... so if the movie makes us feel sad or depressed, the entertainment factor is lost... and the average cine goer watches movies to forget the woes and the world for some time in the make believe world...  if all we wanted was to see reality, life shows us its real face every single day.... 

At the same time... too much syrup and sweet isnt good for the palate, some spicy endings are fun too...

As Karan Johar might say.. thodi khushi thodi ghum πŸ˜† 
Originally posted by s.priya

As Karan Johar might say.. thodi khushi thodi ghum πŸ˜†

and kabhi alvida na kehna πŸ˜† Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago
Thanks Dewey, Raunu, Priya!!

understood ur point but in the name of entertainment coming out out of movie theater sad... πŸ˜• If I know before this movie will make me unhappy should I see it?
^^^^^entertainment? happy person going inside and coming out sad, yeh bhi entertainment hai, unhappy person going in and coming out happy, yeh bhi entertainment hai πŸ˜ƒ Edited by raunaq - 16 years ago

Originally posted by raunaq

^^^^^entertainment? happy person going inside and coming out sad, yeh bhi entertainment hai, unhappy person going in and coming out happy, yeh bhi entertainment hai πŸ˜ƒ

lolsss... what is entertainment then? something that makes your spirits and urself happy OR sad? 😊

Originally posted by raj5000

lolsss... what is entertainment then? something that makes your spirits and urself happy OR sad? 😊

people go to operas, theatres in the name of entertainment. they know how the ending will be sometimes but still they prefer to go. entertainment does not necessarily means happy ending all the time imo. its how you relate with it. entertainment is merely a name for different flavours of shows πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†