Circus..entertainment or animal cruelty

Swar_Raj thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

atleast once we all have goen to see ciircus and enjoyed the bike riding by monkeys, horse walking backward, tiger jumping through fire ring, lion and Giraffe shows, hippo going through the circle, elephant rides.

I always enjoyed the circus and try to take my kids there too. In India, circus are going extinct. APollo claimed that gov does not give them right as Industry and also bans them, from keeping animals now as they term it it as animal cruelty. That made me think if circus should really have animals in there.

Animlas are animals, they do not naturally ride bicycles, stand on their heads, balance on balls, or jump through rings of fire. To force them to perform these confusing and physically uncomfortable tricks, trainers use whips, tight collars, muzzles, electric prods, bullhooks, and other painful tools of the trade

so should they go through this torture to entertain us. Would you go to a circus with no animals in thwere

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~globetrotter~ thumbnail
Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

atleast once we all have goen to see ciircus and enjoyed the bike riding by monkeys, horse walking backward, tiger jumping through fire ring, lion and Giraffe shows, hippo going through the circle, elephant rides.

I always enjoyed the circus and try to take my kids there too. In India, circus are going extinct. APollo claimed that gov does not give them right as Industry and also bans them, from keeping animals now as they term it it as animal cruelty. That made me think if circus should really have animals in there.

Animlas are animals, they do not naturally ride bicycles, stand on their heads, balance on balls, or jump through rings of fire. To force them to perform these confusing and physically uncomfortable tricks, trainers use whips, tight collars, muzzles, electric prods, bullhooks, and other painful tools of the trade

so should they go through this torture to entertain us. Would you go to a circus with no animals in thwere

I think it all depends on what species of animals are used and how the animals are treated while under the care of the trainer. I have two dogs of my own, and I do know for a fact that certain animals enjoy the whole training process, and learning tricks provides them with the mental stimulation they need to stay out of trouble under domesticated conditions. My german shepherd, for example, absolutely loves to learn new tricks, and I've been able to teach him all sorts of tricks - from bringing me the remote to rolling over and pretending he is dead. Whether circuses ought to be banned also has a lot to do with the training techniques used by the trainers (not all trainers use positive reinforcement), how the animals are taken care of by the trainers (not all animals are treated well), and the animal species used and how it was acquired (I am against the use of wild animals being captured and taken from the wild solely for the purpose of entertainment).
season915 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It totally depends on how they are treated. If animals are taught to do tricks, what's the cruel part in that? Humans also have to learn various things during their lifetime for various reasons. That is not necessarily cruelty.

Using animals for research purposes is really wrong, according to me. But for circus purposes, I really don't see harsh acts of cruelty being perpetrated on animals.

And, the question whether anyone will go to the circus without animals or not. I wouldn't. Humans are seen acting stupidly all the time at various places, why give money to see that in circus? Animals could be more entertaining, for a change! πŸ˜‰

chatbuster thumbnail

most people have to endure one form of punishment or the other when they are working. gotta do all that to be well fed. maybe animals should understand that πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: chatbuster

most people have to endure one form of punishment or the other when they are working. gotta do all that to be well fed. maybe animals should understand that πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† so trueπŸ˜† 

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† so trueπŸ˜† 

Gauri and CB, the difference is, humans choose who to dance for πŸ˜‰ (professional and personal life) , whereas circus animals are forced to .. πŸ˜› Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
ChameliKaYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Gauri and CB, the difference is, humans choose who to dance for πŸ˜‰ (professional and personal life) , whereas circus animals are forced to .. πŸ˜›

Hu"men" are akin to the animals... and Hu"women" are akin to the trainers...The difference is that the animals in this case love to dance....  and trainers have to work hard (keep looking goodπŸ˜†) to keep the animals  dancing πŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Gauri and CB, the difference is, humans choose who to dance for πŸ˜‰ (professional and personal life) , whereas circus animals are forced to .. πŸ˜›

arre yaar, not if you were one of those humans.πŸ˜› humara pet bana kar kya haal kiya jaata hai yeh humare dil se poochoπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: ChameliKaYaar

Hu"men" are akin to the animals... and Hu"women" are akin to the trainers...The difference is that the animals in this case love to dance....  and trainers have to work hard (keep looking goodπŸ˜†) to keep the animals  dancing πŸ˜†

LOL.. arre, tumse to behtar ummeedein thee!
Tum bhi Hu-women kee dhun par naachnewalonmein se nikle!!   🀒.. Where are all the He Men of the world!

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatbuster

arre yaar, not if you were one of those humans.πŸ˜› humara pet bana kar kya haal kiya jaata hai yeh humare dil se poochoπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Haha!!  You studly guys here don't even feed yourself well probably.  Your stomach must be complaining more than your dil πŸ˜‰.  I did not understand the sentence in bold at all.  I am having a cute-brain moment here instead of wit-brain 😳.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago