DOTW -What inspired you to start writing?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Hello dear friends of Tales Corner!!!

Here we are again, with another discussion.. and this is... how did you begin writing tales... be it fan fictions or stories...? Was it because of a story you reaD? If so, which one, and by whom?

Another question is... Where do u normally get ideas for stories? While travelling? While doing something? Would really love to know how the great writers here do it!!!

Loads of love,
The Rocking N's of tales corner!
Nutz, Niyu, Naina n NnN(sam)
TC Dev team.
well im not a great writer but i will tell u anyway! i started writing after reading all the other stories ppl had written here ..... and i was bored so i thought y not start writing a story after all i read about two books a day so i thought y not?
i get my ideas from books but they only pop up wen i decide to write the next part of my stry well thats all....
well, i used to write my story in my diary... & when tales corner was introduced on IF, i thought about sharing it with everyoen, so i started writing it here... & my ideas, i dunno where they pop up from, but probably coz i think soooo much, they just cum into my mind
enid blyton!! she was d first to inspire me..then jkr..then meg cabot..

prob is i DONT get ideas..if i ever get any theyre *inspired* by other books and serials and movies..lol..😛..but i modify em completely so at d end u could call em my own original ideas 😛

Hehe!!!

I was inspired mostly by Naina Manam, Tanaaz and Ysh's writing... After seeing that, i felt that , "you know what, I'm not THAT bad, why don't i try too?" And i really started at the Storyteller challenge... It was by-far the most successful thing I've seen! I hope we can have it again!!!

For story ideas, funny, but i get inspired by songs. when listening to music, ideas come to my head... Also when i'm travelling, i get loads of ideas!

Originally posted by coolniyu

enid blyton!! she was d first to inspire me..then jkr..then meg cabot..

Agree with niyu! same thingie.. when i was 7 i started writing... at that time i used to have rip off's of other stories

but i started getting sorta original in the 3rd

but after JKR, i went to trying to write some magic magic story... but eventually i have to thank meg cabot and of course tales corner for my originality...

actually it was my 4th standard english teacher who was particular dat i think about writing seriously (i had gotten 94% in my 4th and 97% in my fifth english ASSET exam and topped the essay contest in scul in the 5th and 6th)

so it was she who gave me the push sort off to take my writing seriously and after hert it was y 7th engliush teacher... and OF COURSE all my friends who have read all the crap i have written and encouraged me 😳 luvya all even tho ur not here 🤗

oh nd i canNOT 4get sam hu was my FIRST encourager here 😳🤗🤗 luvya bug 😉

❤️Ysh❤️

Originally posted by Naughty_n_nice

I was inspired mostly by Naina Manam, Tanaaz and Ysh's writing... After seeing that, i felt that , "you know what, I'm not THAT bad, why don't i try too?"

awwwww... u inspired me and i inspired u 🤗 v rock 😳

And i really started at the Storyteller challenge... It was by-far the most successful thing I've seen! I hope we can have it again!!!

now dats sumthing i havent heard of :-? .. nd for that reason itself i want it back 😳

For story ideas, funny, but i get inspired by songs. when listening to music, ideas come to my head... Also when i'm travelling, i get loads of ideas!

agree and agree FULLY... travelling is one of my BEST times to get an idea... songs and music come close after...

Week over. Why such terrible participation from the members??? So many people come to update, yet no one to stop and give their comments????

No more DOTWs for a while now, sorry. 😊

-Topic closed.