•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi everyone! It's time for the first Discussion of the Week here at Tales Corner ๐Ÿ˜‰

Without further ado I'll post this week's topic...๐Ÿ˜ณ...

Should Writers write what they want to write-or what their readers want to read?

Of course, writers should write what they want to! It's their birth-write ๐Ÿ˜ณ [yikes bad joke sry ๐Ÿ˜†]

On the other hand, what's the point in writing something no one wants to and will not read?

Should there be a balance or should it be only one of the two above options?

Fire away your opinions!! We're all waiting ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers,

Tales Corner Development Team

Artwork By tumhari_khushi,Title by coolniyu

great DOTW...
and i know exactly what my views on this are ๐Ÿ˜†

WEll basically i feel that you have to write what you want to write for that is what is closest to your heart... and unless you write something you have the feel for you never write it well... so to write well you have to get the feel of it and to get the feel of it you have to like what you write...

One person once told me that you have to write for yourself and if other people like it it is an added bonus... and i agree with it partly because writing should come from the heart... and thats when its good. A writing fron the mind will be all words with no feel in them... however perfect the grammar is... But the same peice of article from the heart, it is obvious that it is from the heart because that will make you feel...

But also i am the kind of person who likes my work to be admired... i want people to read my work and i want critical reviews and i want people to read what i enjoyed most writing... because when i write i write from the heart and i love what i write... and loving what i write i want to proudly display it to people... and when i display it i would like people to like my peice and for them to tell me that they love it as much as i do... i get my happiness from that...

But finally i believe that writing what i feel like will be putting my heart and soul into the work and that peice will be great by itself and it will be admired naturally for the piece will speak for itself...

Well to sum it all up i write primarily for myself... but in the long run to make it as a successful writer i want to write what people want to read... and therefore i make myself the people and write what i would like to read... so eventually i write for me...

Am i making any sense here ๐Ÿ˜†?

-โค๏ธYshโค๏ธ-
lol well said ysh it made loads of sense ๐Ÿ˜ณ

well as for me even i say that it should mostly be what the author wants to write..writing to please others is worthless..
but then no ones gonna survive if they stick by only what they wanna write ๐Ÿ˜† thats silliness ๐Ÿ˜› a certain amount of consideration fr wht others want to read is also necessary..
but ultimately were gonna write what we want to..n write it in such a way that readers love it ๐Ÿ˜‰
Well...am a free bird....I write whatever I want to!
It's like...am not so much of a great writer or anything and I write whatever I imagine...my imagination power's very great though.

So before writing anything...I imagine the scene and all and try to understand the emotions going through the characters...and then I write it. I write better on inspiration...since I write from my heart

And as for the readers...well I agree with ysh that I want comments on my writing....good or bad (but I prefer good anyday..who wouldn't?? ๐Ÿ˜†) and so I do keep in mind what the readers may or may not like while writing and refrain from including the things they dun like

So its basically 90% for me....n my wild imagination n 10% for the readers.

But waise bhi I hardly get any requests...from ppl so its ok..I write for myself๐Ÿ˜‰
Originally posted by ~Sirius*Ysh~

great DOTW...
and i know exactly what my views on this are ๐Ÿ˜†

WEll basically i feel that you have to write what you want to write for that is what is closest to your heart... and unless you write something you have the feel for you never write it well... so to write well you have to get the feel of it and to get the feel of it you have to like what you write...

So totally agree with you on this yshh!!!!! I can write well only on inspiration I feel!

One person once told me that you have to write for yourself and if other people like it it is an added bonus... and i agree with it partly because writing should come from the heart... and thats when its good. A writing fron the mind will be all words with no feel in them... however perfect the grammar is... But the same peice of article from the heart, it is obvious that it is from the heart because that will make you feel...

But also i am the kind of person who likes my work to be admired... i want people to read my work and i want critical reviews and i want people to read what i enjoyed most writing... because when i write i write from the heart and i love what i write... and loving what i write i want to proudly display it to people... and when i display it i would like people to like my peice and for them to tell me that they love it as much as i do... i get my happiness from that...

Yup agree! No reviews....no encouragement for continuing at all!๐Ÿ˜ณ I like it..no love it when ppl like my work and post detailed comments on that...n so I try to give long detailed comments from my side to ppl whose fic's I like!

But finally i believe that writing what i feel like will be putting my heart and soul into the work and that peice will be great by itself and it will be admired naturally for the piece will speak for itself...

I feel the same...the things I write on inspiration are much more appreciated than the ones I write on requests

Well to sum it all up i write primarily for myself... but in the long run to make it as a successful writer i want to write what people want to read... and therefore i make myself the people and write what i would like to read... so eventually i write for me...

Am i making any sense here ๐Ÿ˜†?

Well...ur making sense to all the writers...I dunno abt other ppl๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

-โค๏ธYshโค๏ธ-

xMarauderx

I like to write what I want to write but I also want people to like it, read it, and leave thier opinions on it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But since they're not doing much of that ๐Ÿ˜ญ , I guess it's only for myself.
If you write for yourself, then you would never share your work; it is more like journal writing.

But, if you write for a living, then you are subconsciously writing for an audience. If you want readers, you must fulfil their needs and see what sells and what doesn't.
well said Tanaaz... ur right i gues... but then i agree with harshu nd niyu ๐Ÿ˜›...

but not with putturani... come on! a couple of reviews from people mean that people like your work! and this means that u r catering to an audience and in that case u dont write for urself... and even if u do there is nothing to feel sad about it if u r proud of it and judging by ur story i should ask u to be proud of it ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜ณ
hey tanaaz ur completely right! if i write something with the intention of showing sum1 else i invariably end up thinkin of wht others will think ๐Ÿ˜ญ
n ur right ysh! rani i luv ur stry u shudnt b discouraged ๐Ÿ˜ณ

topic locked ๐Ÿ˜‰