Mango Tango - Page 5

Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Maya, I love mango ka panna too.. been ages since I had any..

Cutie pie, You can make it very easily. I prepare and keep it in the refrigerator. It gets over in two days.😃

QT - Was a Joke...dwai

Maya - Absolutely, love Panaa, plus it has is savior from hot winds/climates.

Panaa from any type of aam family but for pakka aaam no match for Alphonsos 😊 😆

LOL you two & this is exactly why I was fascinated by the two of you building tower over kachcha aam with salt and chilli 😆.. 
- > one been there done that and one is a man 🤣

I knew VT Vicky was man 😳 🤣
No wonder he said NO 😡 😡 😡 😆

Originally posted by raj5000

QT - Was a Joke...dwai

Maya - Absolutely, love Panaa, plus it has is savior from hot winds/climates.

Panaa from any type of aam family but for pakka aaam no match for Alphonsos 😊 😆

okay Raj.. 😃 @ joke.. & yes raunaq is my lovely sister too.. 😆
cewll maya- i will get recipe from you, lol at lasted for 2 days
We should have alphanso poll here :)

okay Raj.. 😃 @ joke.. & yes raunaq is my lovely sister too.. 😆 - ...See now you got it..😆😆 raunaq is our good dear friend, am scared of what question she might ask. 😆
cewll maya- i will get recipe from you, lol at lasted for 2 days
We should have alphanso poll here :)

Yup poll 👏  1 Alphonso.

cewll maya- i will get recipe from you,

Easy recipe- Cook Mangoes in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes. Take peels off the Mangoes and squeeze to take the pulp out. Throw the seed away. Now make a puree with this pulp, sugar, 2 mint leaves and roasted cumin seeds. Refrigerate it.

Before serving fill the glass with crushed ice, pour panna and add kala namak.

Originally posted by manjujain

<H2>Mango</H2>
<DIV =sub-link align=justify>[IMG]height=100 alt="peanut, coconut, hybrid coconut" src="http://www.agriculture-industry-india.com/agricultural- commodities/gifs/mango.jpg" width=150 align=right><B =spice>IntroductionMangos were brought to England and Europe after the English occupied India in 1800's. Today, India is the world's largest mango producer, growing nearly 1000 varieties of mango and contributing over 50 per cent of the world's total mango production of approximately 23 million metric tons. Hence the Mango, Mangifera indica L., is the most economically important fruit.<B =spice>Production areaThe Indian states with abundant growth of various varieties of mangoes are Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.<B =spice>Growth promotional activitiesMango is grown in an area of 1.23 million ha with an annual production of 10.99 million tonnes, which accounts for 57.18 per cent of the total world production. Since liberalization several policy measures have been taken with regard to regulation & control, fiscal policy, export & import, taxation, exchange & interest rate control, export promotion and incentives to high priority industries. This sector is regulated by the Fruit Products Order, 1955 (FPO), issued under the Essential Commodities Act. All processing units are required to obtain a license under this order. Periodic inspection of units is also carried out and consignments of fruit & vegetable products intended for export are subject to pre-shipment inspection under the FPO. However, recognized Export Houses and Star Trading Houses are exempt from this inspection.<B =spice>TypesThe cultivated mango is probably a natural hybrid between M. indica and M. sylvatica occurring in southeastern Asia to India. The varieties grown in India are Alphonso, Bangalora, Banganpalli, Bombai, Bombay Green, Dashehari, Fajli, Fernnadin, Himsagar, Kesar, Kishen Bhog, Langra, Mankurad, Mulgoa, Neelum, Chausa, Suvarnarekha, Vanraj, Zardalu Hybrid Varieties produced in India are Amarapali, Mallika, Arka Aruna, Arka Puneet, Arka Anmol, Arka Neelkiran, Ratna, Sindhu, Au Rumani, Manjeera. Other hybrid varieties released are Alfazali, Sundar Langra, Sabri, Jawahar, Neelphonso, Neeleshan, Neeleshwari and PKM2.

thank you manju for the information about mango, now i know that there are varieties of mango, next time i will always make sure what variety it is 😛

out of all these, sundar langra sounds good 😆 😆 😆

okay Raj.. 😃 @ joke.. & yes raunaq is my lovely sister too.. 😆cewll maya- i will get recipe from you, lol at lasted for 2 daysWe should have alphanso poll here :)

🤗 so are you my cutest sister 😳
Originally posted by raj5000

ummmm ok 🤔 kya horaha hai yehan? nevermind looks like i missed the joke 😕
Originally posted by Maya_M

Easy recipe- Cook Mangoes in a pressure cooker for 5 minutes. Take peels off the Mangoes and squeeze to take the pulp out. Throw the seed away. Now make a puree with this pulp, sugar, 2 mint leaves and roasted cumin seeds. Refrigerate it.

Before serving fill the glass with crushed ice, pour panna and add kala namak.

great recipe, i will try someday, never heard of panna but now will try it 😳 let me put it down along with poha in the list 😆 😆 😆 , is this like some kind of kulfi?