Mango Tango - Page 3

Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by raj5000

Lagda variety of mango, yes it smells good but the hits you will get a sweet and juice one out of 10 randomly picked is definately lesser then Alphonso πŸ˜‰

Late May/Early July - go to Banaras or even its surrounding areas and then tell me how many hits you got!

What you have claimed about Langda, I can say about Alphonso - both in India and here. Several times it has been a case of "Surat acchi - taste zero". Right now there is only Alphonso in the market - I have eaten almost 4 kilos of them (over a period of time). Just 3 mangoes out of those 4 kilos were worth their reputation. Baaki sab Haldiram ke rasgullon ke saath khaye πŸ˜›

(This year it will probably be 5 kilos of extra weight, and a lighter wallet - the mangoes are way too pricey). πŸ˜†

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

😎 @ VT
🀣@ SB
πŸ‘πŸ‘ @ MANJU DI
πŸ˜†@ RAJ @ totapuri

QT, looks like I have become your laughter factory 😳 

I will go off topic slightly πŸ˜‰ and thank all of you at DM for helping me stay sane. I have had a torturous week at work, dealing with some very nasty people, and then I have come back here and forgotten everything. So πŸ€— for all of you!

Langde ka jawaab nahin πŸ˜†

SJB, I ma with you on langda...all the way. Love mangoes...irrespective of variety but langdey da jawab nahi. Love that frangrance of ripe langda aam...and langda is bigger than dussehri....so more to eat when mom used to limit the mango rationing to one after lunch and one after dinner. We used to beg our dad to get the biggest ones...so really like langda...followed by chausa and safeda.

Both my daughters are also crazy about mango πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by Gauri_3

SJB, I ma with you on langda...all the way. Love mangoes...irrespective of variety but langdey da jawab nahi. Love that frangrance of ripe langda aam...and langda is bigger than dussehri....so more to eat when mom used to limit the mango rationing to one after lunch and one after dinner. We used to beg our dad to get the biggest ones...so really like langda...followed by chausa and safeda.

Both my daughters are also crazy about mango πŸ˜ƒ

Hurrrrrrrraaah! Finally, another true blue "langda" supporter! UP ki ho kya bahni??πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Hurrrrrrrraaah! Finally, another true blue "langda" supporter! UP ki ho kya bahni??πŸ˜‰

haanπŸ˜†from the heart of UP....nanihaal is moradabad and dadhaal is hapurπŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Gauri_3 - 16 years ago
Originally posted by Gauri_3

haanπŸ˜†from the heart of UP....nanihaal is moradabad and dadhaal is hapurπŸ˜ƒ

No wonder! πŸ˜† πŸ€— galey milo bahni!

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

No wonder! πŸ˜† πŸ€— galey milo bahni!

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by V.T.

anybody like those katcha mangos with salt..me... love them πŸ˜† 😳

Oh Yea with salt and laal mirch Yum Yum πŸ˜›

Originally posted by V.T.

yup...πŸ˜ƒ siting underneath the tree and eating them........πŸ˜†

U Betcha I have done that πŸ˜† Or while sitting on the swing too πŸ˜‰

Edited by Dabulls23 - 16 years ago
@ VT and DB - kaccha aam πŸ˜‰

Aam aam hai - kaccha ya pakka. Kaccha aam with salt, kacchey aam aur pudeeney ki chatni, aam ka panna - ok I am salivating now.