Bigg Boss Season 4

Anupama Verma's Fashion Must Haves

dures thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Anupama Verma's Fashion Must Haves

Model and ex-Bigg Boss contestant, Anupama Verma, talks about her fashion favorites...

Perfume: Dune by Christian Dior

Clothes brand: If I had to choose one international brand it would have to be Roberto Cavalli.

Jeans: My best fitted jeans are from Bebe. They're low waist hipsters made of a soft cotton fabric. It isn't the normal hard denim so it is great to wear in this weather. I have a pair which is faded and ready to be thrown out but I still wear it. I love them so much I have bought a couple of pairs in blue, black and white in the same style.

Electronic gadget: My portable DVD player. It's like a portable laptop where I can listen to music or watch a movie just about anywhere!

Sun glasses: My glares vary but Gucci has the nicest ones. I have pairs of sunglasses and I've broken so many as well! I have really straight and silky hair so when I go to put my shades on top of my head they end up slipping off! So far I've broken three pairs that way but I still keep doing it.

Hair care: I'm not fussy as what hair products I use. I use whatever is easily accessible to me; it doesn't have to be an imported brand. I really like the green apple Biotique shampoo as I feel it agrees with my hair and gives it extra luster.

Accessory: I always wear accessories. I think my trademark is the arm band I wear. I don't wear too much jewellery unless I'm going to an event. Otherwise I wear a fine chain and pendant on my neck.

Shoes: I've got the biggest shoe fetish! I keep making promises to my dad because he's always saying "Promise me you won't buy any more shoes?" I've got tons and tons of boots and these days I wear strappy clogs and slip-ons because it's too hot.

Bag: My favourite bag is my Chloe tan bag and my Louis Vuitton. I feel like I'm spoiling myself with these. My LV bag was given to me by my parents this year. They didn't tell me but I found out and know that it costs more than one and a half lakh. For my everyday wear I use my Guess bag.

Favourite cosmetic: I'm very minimalist because I use so much makeup in my profession. I can't do without a khol pencil and nude lipstick. I prefer my makeup in very soft colours because bright and harsh colours don't suite me. If I'm going out I use compact. I never use foundation apart from when I am shooting.

Beauty secret: I keep my skin clean. I don't tamper with my face- no facials! I think that exercise is like therapy for the skin. It is also important to drink a lot of fluid. And last but not the least you need beauty sleep though that is something I have great difficultly doing.

Where do you shop the most?
London is my favourite shopping destination especially during their yearly sales. I mostly shop when I'm traveling out of Bombay. I associate Bombay as my work place. For me it is a place where I have a disciplined regime so when I travel for shows or go on vacation I allow myself the liberty of shopping.

Most expensive fashion item bought?
My hand bags and boots. I have bought these Italian boots for over 600 pounds. I really regret buying them because they're like a show piece. Every time I go to wear them I think "no. I shouldn't. They'll get spoilt." I'm happier wearing cheaper shoes that I am not afraid of ruining!

The item which had most value for money?
My denims are great value for money because I use them all the time. I'm a complete denim girl. I really splurge when it comes to jeans. I've bought pairs for up to 4000 pounds but I can use them for years.

Wardrobe must have: Blue denims, white shirts, casual vests and the usual summer tees.

Style secret: Anything I'm confident and comfortable in becomes me style. If I wasn't confident in what I was wearing I would look inappropriate. For me style doesn't come from wearing branded clothes. It doesn't have to be expensive rather it is how you carry yourself. My style is sober. I don't wear loud colours. I believe in fits and cuts rather than big prints.

What do you over spend on?
When it comes to clothes and shoes I'm just compulsive! I have so many that I don't even know where to store them! I have clothes that have been lying for 2 years in my wardrobe which I haven't even worn once. The positive side to this is that I never really have a problem when I have to attend a function because I always have something new ready. That's how I convince my dad when I want to buy new clothes. I tell him that it's part of my job. After all these years though he tells me to come up with another excuse!

What do you think you look the best in?
I look best in casual wear. I like wearing jeans, pants or shorts. I think I look great in leggy things. That's what my mom always tells me.

Style icon: everyone has their own individual personality. I don't have any style icon. I don't ape anyone.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kothra thumbnail
after such a long time got to knw abt anu 😆 😆
Yeah gosh finally we know more about her, 😉

and yeah she has good choice, Roberto Cavalli is a top designer!!!! 😛

but does she think we do not know what a portable DVD player is? Its in the name for god sake!!! 😆 😳

mcm226 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
tfs.....

agree,choice achhi hai anu m'am ki............but lagta hai apni age chhupaane ka naya tarika hai yeh baar baar dad-mom ka zikar karna........... 😆
karruuu thumbnail

Originally posted by: mcm226

tfs.....

agree,choice achhi hai anu m'am ki............but lagta hai apni age chhupaane ka naya tarika hai yeh baar baar dad-mom ka zikar karna........... 😆

yes i culd not belive she actually 40 !!! but wht do thse celebs hav to tag all thse brands evrytime they are asked abt thier apparels ?